Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

true, imo pro is the best level, but i have not researched all star enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #146
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

I was just wondering, on free throws why do you use Real Player % instead of User Timing?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #147
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
I was just wondering, on free throws why do you use Real Player % instead of User Timing?
Because that gives the most realistic free throw results.

Unlike jumpshots, free throws rely solely on timing when using User Timing. This means that if you perfect the timing of say Dwight Howard on his free throws, you could make a MUCH higher percentage than Dwight could ever hope to make.

Real Player % for free throws is a necessity for sim results.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #148
Banned

man my games were good and i just blew out the 97 jazz 124 to 96, they kept full court press on me the entire time (lame) so easy to beat, and im starting to think run plays at 0 is not working well, way to many iso plays for the AI and not enough passing, im seeing way to much post play and inside play, maybe its just the teams who knows
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #149
Banned

ecc i was checking out your sliders, they are quite different then mine, i have post play at 50 and look for post players at 55 and i am getting a ton that way, i could only imagine how 75/100 would be, that is why i think it really depends on the team you are playing with and i think the coach profiles is what makes the game play the way it does, im starting to think the sliders dont do crap, might as well leave them all at 50 , at this point i think i might just stick with what i have and enjoy it, and run plays at zero im wondering about also, it seems like there is hardly any passing and to much iso plays
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 AM   #150
Pro

OVR: 7

Wanted to thank your for these, great work.

Do you have an update on your plans to create a scale for both "Look for Post Players" and "Run Plays" coaching tendencies.

This last addition could really make the game run as well as possible outside of a 2k patch.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
ecc i was checking out your sliders, they are quite different then mine, i have post play at 50 and look for post players at 55 and i am getting a ton that way, i could only imagine how 75/100 would be, that is why i think it really depends on the team you are playing with and i think the coach profiles is what makes the game play the way it does, im starting to think the sliders dont do crap, might as well leave them all at 50 , at this point i think i might just stick with what i have and enjoy it, and run plays at zero im wondering about also, it seems like there is hardly any passing and to much iso plays
At this point, you should really do some testing of your own and get back to us. Play 4-5 games with your own adjustments and share your experience if you can. More detail on your results, the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #152
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
man my games were good and i just blew out the 97 jazz 124 to 96, they kept full court press on me the entire time (lame) so easy to beat, and im starting to think run plays at 0 is not working well, way to many iso plays for the AI and not enough passing, im seeing way to much post play and inside play, maybe its just the teams who knows
Quote:
As I said before, the gameplay at Pro will be different than the gameplay at All-Star. As these sliders are for All-Star only, the optimal results will only be seen if you use these on All-Star difficulty.

The CPU plays differently on different difficulty settings, so you have to make certain changes at each level to account for this.

I'm sorry my sliders don't work for the Pro difficulty, but I have only tested them on All-Star and I know that I have seen some very realistic results with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
Wanted to thank your for these, great work.

Do you have an update on your plans to create a scale for both "Look for Post Players" and "Run Plays" coaching tendencies.

This last addition could really make the game run as well as possible outside of a 2k patch.
I'm not sure if I will be making a scale for those values or not, but I do know that some teams need a little more tweaking for them to play correctly. I'll see what I can come up with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »