Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

i have not used anyone's sliders, i do my own, i just do not post them, from what jason says any level other than pro the AI gets boots by 5, which will max out sliders per player, thats great you are having good games, but im 100% positive its all about the individual player sliders, under edit, and coach profiles, general sliders dont do much if anything
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #154
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
i have not used anyone's sliders, i do my own, i just do not post them, from what jason says any level other than pro the AI gets boots by 5, which will max out sliders per player, thats great you are having good games, but im 100% positive its all about the individual player sliders, under edit, and coach profiles, general sliders dont do much if anything
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think everyone in this thread who is seeing great results with just these general slider edits can vouch for the fact that they do make a difference.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #155
Banned

well what i can do is try all-star and i will follow your sliders to a t and watch the com vs the com a few games to test the AI then i will play a few games, and if im impressed i will use yours, im actually liking my sliders a lot just have found flaws in the general slider system, i know you and mk and a few others put in hard work, but i just know coach profiles are the main reason for chnging game play, i will keep you posted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #156
Banned

one thing also ecc, im not sure if you ever watch the 85 lakers play but they ran the fast break everytime off a steal/block/defensive board etc, so do lower the lakers from 100 fast break to like a 30 that is actually changing how they would play, that is my point about coach profiles,
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #157
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
one thing also ecc, im not sure if you ever watch the 85 lakers play but they ran the fast break everytime off a steal/block/defensive board etc, so do lower the lakers from 100 fast break to like a 30 that is actually changing how they would play, that is my point about coach profiles,
Lowering the Fastbreak slider to 30 doesn't stop the CPU from running the fastbreak, it just stops them from always putting a quick shot up, even if the defense is set and right in their face.

If you want the team to be more aggressive on the fastbreak, bump them up 5 points or so. Or you could leave it at 100 and see how that works for you, but I'm guessing that they will always force up a shot regardless of the defense.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #158
Banned

i'll try that, but again i play on pro so it may be different
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #159
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Status Update

After putting in a lot of time working on these sliders, I've come across a good deal of frustration and annoyance. 2k has apparently been sneaking in minor tuner updates alongside the various art updates they've been putting out recently. Because of this, progress on fine-tuning the sliders has become stagnant at best.

For these reasons, I am going to stop working on sliders for a few days and just try to enjoy the game.

However, I am still looking for feedback and suggestions. More specifically, I am looking for team-specific feedback. By "team-specific" I mean that I am looking for problems any of you have seen regarding a specific team or teams.

For example, I have heard that with the default Coach Profiles, the 76ers do not utilize Andrew Bynum as much as they should. These are the kinds of problems I would most like to hear about.

So if you notice that the CPU isn't utilizing a certain aspect of their team like they should be, or just that the CPU isn't accurately reflecting a team's real-life play style, let me know about it! Please be specific though, such as "Team X isn't using Player Y enough", or "Team X doesn't attack the basket/post up/run the pick n roll/set up screens for outside shooters/etc. often enough".

Please give me enough information so that I not only know what the team SHOULD be doing, but so that I know what the team is CURRENTLY doing that is incorrect.

Once my "break" is over, I will look to fix these problems as soon as possible. Feel free to PM me your issues or post them in this thread.

I will still be active here, and I may even make some on-the-fly adjustments to this set if I notice any in-game issues, but I won't be doing any in-depth testing for a few days.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #160
Banned

i hear ya, i now am just enjoying the game i dont care about sliders anymore, im fully convinced the issues are in the coach profiles themselves

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »