Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #169
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Great, thanks. I've never tried every tendency at 0. Are star players still dominating? I'm thinking about aggressive PGs like Rose driving and post players still being fed down low?

Also, do you really get realistic free throw attempts with contact being that high?
I like to run cpu vs cpu and with everything at 100 I often saw 40 to 50 free throws per game.
Stars will shine because the way the ROSTER TENDENCIES were created by those of us who made them. Unlike 2K13, in 2K11 guys like, say, Dominique Wilkins will get his shots but not an overabundance of them. It plays quite real.

PG's will still be aggressive because their individual tendencies come into play, and by giving the cpu a huge bonus in quickness they will try to blow past the user defender.

FT attempts vary - I've had games where I've shot over 40 and I've had some where it was 18-25. I don't want cookie cutter games... I love variety.

The #1 item I use when creating sliders: can I LOSE using them? If I can, then I know I'm on the right track. #2: when I play 10 games, do I see a wide variety of scores and things coming out?

I do NOT start creating my sliders by looking at shooting percentages - I start with FLOW OF GAME and the above 2 items. The reason why slider sets are often different from others here is because many of them start with statistics and THEN try to fix things. In my humble opinion, that's bass ackwards. I can fix shooting percentages AFTER I've fixed the bumping, strength, and quickness issues - I want the animations to come out. So this set is what I've been using for over a year or so, and I absolutely LOVE 2K11. I only bought 2K13 for current rosters, so I don't know how they play out in the classic sets because I've never used them in 2K13.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 0

Very easy to win with your 1.3 version. Needs to be changed.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #171
Banned

Smile Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

im stuck with 2k 13 but i actually like how smooth it is, and fluid, i actually made some changes that slowed down the pace which has made the game better now, i have lowered all teams offensive tempos and attack basket to 45 on coach profiles and wow! that made a difference, i think i need to just start a season now and enjoy the game, i never play on line i only play against the computer and pro level, usually i play all-star but for some reason it felt like on all star the AI is on crack
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #172
Rookie

Do coach profiles not save? I put in the values for fast break & run plays for every coach but it always resets every time i turn the game off

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #173
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koste68
Do coach profiles not save? I put in the values for fast break & run plays for every coach but it always resets every time i turn the game off

Am I doing something wrong?
they are a ROSTER save and NOT a settings or profile save. You need to save them with the ROSTER you are using...if not, they won't keep.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #174
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
they are a ROSTER save and NOT a settings or profile save. You need to save them with the ROSTER you are using...if not, they won't keep.
Thanks i appreciate the quick response, are there any rosters you'd recommend on the 2kshare for 360 that don't require me to rehash/resign or download modio and do it offline becuase i don't want to go through the hassle of doing that
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #175
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon43
Very easy to win with your 1.3 version. Needs to be changed.
Play some more games with them before making any changes. I played one game and blew out the CPU by 20, but then my very next game I won on a buzzer-beating 3.

Variety is a good thing. Not every game in the NBA is back-and-forth. Some times one team just dominates the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #176
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koste68
Thanks i appreciate the quick response, are there any rosters you'd recommend on the 2kshare for 360 that don't require me to rehash/resign or download modio and do it offline becuase i don't want to go through the hassle of doing that
Glad to help... I'd suggest just going through some of the rosters threads here at OS - some very talented people here who provide good rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »