Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #217
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
Are you sure you're not experiencing a placebo effect here? I'm pretty certain that those sliders don't affect animations. The driving contact frequency and the inside shot frequency dictate animations. I think the other defensive sliders simply affect how much defense impacts the success of the shot. So, high numbers will create a huge gap between the success of open and defended shots, whereas low numbers will create a smaller gap.
No placebo, they do increase the defensive presence which results in more contact animations, more blocks in the paint due to said animations occurring.

Too many slider makers want to increase the defensive abilities which just skew the ratings of the players (ie. making everyone basically the same).

The defensive (gather and release) sliders give the defense the much needed ability to cause contact without changing the players (ratings) themselves.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #218
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Alright Im plugging these in with the new updates and Im using Beds roster with the tendency edits.

Can someone tell me how to post the results?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tried version 1.5. Game was really hard. My griz got blown out at utah 96-78. Highest lead was upto 30pts.

I shot 36% 28/77FG, 15% 3/19 3 pointers, 19/24 FT. Utah shot 45% 35/77 FG, 21% 3/14 3pts, 23/27 FT.

Its really hard to get a shot off with the CPU's D while the CPU's offense is hard to stop. I think the issue with CPU constantly attacking the basket/fast break came back. You really need to play aggressive coz CPU will make you pay even with a slight opening. In return i noticed i got more fouls (20 team fouls)

R. Gay got 27pts on 10/25 shooting. Zbo had 11pts 13reb on 4/15 fg. Gasol on had 7pts 6reb 3-7 fg.

I need to play one more game to see if i just had a bad game or not.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #220
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabudabi
Tried version 1.5. Game was really hard. My griz got blown out at utah 96-78. Highest lead was upto 30pts.

I shot 36% 28/77FG, 15% 3/19 3 pointers, 19/24 FT. Utah shot 45% 35/77 FG, 21% 3/14 3pts, 23/27 FT.

Its really hard to get a shot off with the CPU's D while the CPU's offense is hard to stop. I think the issue with CPU constantly attacking the basket/fast break came back. You really need to play aggressive coz CPU will make you pay even with a slight opening. In return i noticed i got more fouls (20 team fouls)

R. Gay got 27pts on 10/25 shooting. Zbo had 11pts 13reb on 4/15 fg. Gasol on had 7pts 6reb 3-7 fg.

I experienced the exact same thing.I was the Spurs going against Miami. The CPU's Defense was very very tough. And the offense was unstoppable. They also ran a lot of fast breaks. They warped in front of almost every pass and either deflected it or picked it off.

I could barely get a shot off or get any separation outside of the pick and roll. I also only managed a 8 point quarter. Tony Parker couldn't drive at all. Manu didn't make a shot. Literally (0-14). My only effective player was Duncan (26 points, 11 boards, 2 blocks).

It just didn't feel smooth or realistic. The CPU was extremely over powered. The positives I saw was the rebounding. Seemed pretty realistic. I didn't see the CPU grabbing Offensive rebounds like crazy. I also liked the game speed for the most part. The CPU defense was just locked in and shut down everything.

Again I only played one game so maybe I'm off base.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #221
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
I experienced the exact same thing.I was the Spurs going against Miami. The CPU's Defense was very very tough. And the offense was unstoppable. They also ran a lot of fast breaks. They warped in front of almost every pass and either deflected it or picked it off.

I could barely get a shot off or get any separation outside of the pick and roll. I also only managed a 8 point quarter. Tony Parker couldn't drive at all. Manu didn't make a shot. Literally (0-14). My only effective player was Duncan (26 points, 11 boards, 2 blocks).

It just didn't feel smooth or realistic. The CPU was extremely over powered. The positives I saw was the rebounding. Seemed pretty realistic. I didn't see the CPU grabbing Offensive rebounds like crazy. I also liked the game speed for the most part. The CPU defense was just locked in and shut down everything.

Again I only played one game so maybe I'm off base.
Sorry guys, I meant to put Attack the Basket at 22, not 23. That was my mistake.

If you're still seeing the CPU being too aggressive, try lowering this slider back down to 21 or 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #222
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Nope haven't touched anything. How many clicks should i add to "go for on ball steals" and "hands" sliders? Should i lower pass accuracy as well?

Since you mentioned about how the cpu quickly shoots the ball with the "attack the basket" tendency, i've noticed that there are times when the cpu takes too long to take a shot (not sure if this has anything to do with my defense) and results in a player who's not supposed to be taking the shot when the shot clock's about to expire. Maybe this is just me so i'll take a look more into that.

Can't wait to try your new version update. Keep it up
All of these issues should be fixed in the new (corrected) update. Let me know if you're seeing any other problems.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #223
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Sorry guys, I meant to put Attack the Basket at 22, not 23. That was my mistake.

If you're still seeing the CPU being too aggressive, try lowering this slider back down to 21 or 20.
No prob man. Im plugging it in now. When you played with the new update what kind of defense did you see from the cpu?

Also do you know where I can find out how to post the results. I searched and couldn't find anything.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just finished a game against Portland and it was my most competitive game yet. They actually used Aldridge more than when I first played them. I don't really have any major gripes right now.

This was my first game with the updated sliders. I could definitely tell the difference with layup defense set maxed out. Before, I could go in the paint with Westbrook and usually it would be automatic. Now its no longer a given anymore. I like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »