Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #241
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
Wondering what are those defensive sliders do? I'm not a pro, but I'm not a beginner either. I would like to balance the game out so the box score reflects close (but not that close to reality), while being able to drive in occasionally without any trouble. I'm looking for a good balance for myself, but I don't really know about the defense sliders.
The Defense sliders do two things:

1) Create more of a diversity in the animations triggered when shooting in traffic, making the game look more varied and authentic.

2) Makes shots harder to make in traffic. This will lower both User and CPU field goal percentage.

I'm still fine-tuning the Shot Success sliders to make up for this increased difficulty. I'm still seeing a few too many missed shots, but nothing drastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrus001
on-ball steals..i'll try lowering the cpu on-ball steals maybe 2-3 clicks..
I would lower "Go for On Ball Steals" back to 50 and see if that helps. If not, raise User Ball Handling by 2-3 clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I'm just curious..

Is there a home court advantage in 2k13? In both exhibition mode and association mode?

When I test sliders in association mode, it feels like there is... But I'm not so sure about exhibition mode. What you all think?
There's not a home-court advantage, but I do feel like the game plays differently in Play Now than it does in Association.

With Run Plays at 0 in Play Now, the CPU seems to run a more freelance, isolation-heavy offense. And with Run Plays at the 2k defaults for each team, the CPU runs their offense realistically. However, in Association mode it's the complete opposite. With Run Plays at 0, the CPU runs their offense realistically, but at 2k default they run a freelance, iso-heavy offense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm at halftime with your new version and bed's roster (and i'll not finish the game)

Golden State (me) 73 / Minnesota 32 WTF ??!

I shot over 60% (7/8 3pts) they shot under 30% (0/4 3pts)
They made 18 of they're 32 pts in the paint (+ 12 FT)

I run plays, take good shots, play FB and every shoot goes in.
They just don't play basket, they don't do anything and always finish by a contested shot missed...

I simply think this set don't go with bed's roster, and i'll wait till they make they're own slider set for the roster cause it's just not fun right now.

I really don't understand why it was this easy for me and why the CPU don't play (like they've had no system...)

I'll maybe try one last game with other teams this week end, we'll see.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #243
MVP

OVR: 3

About to finally start my association. When adjusting attack the basket, should any tweaks be made to coach profiles? I've only adjusted the main sliders & am happy so far. Just a final check though. Lol!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #244
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

In my testing today, I have found that the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders seem to be reversed.

EDIT:
After some more testing, I haven't been able to replicate what I was seeing earlier. For now, the sliders are playing out correctly at 100, so I am going to keep them that way unless I figure out what was causing the results I saw earlier.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-17-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #245
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGYL
I'm at halftime with your new version and bed's roster (and i'll not finish the game)

Golden State (me) 73 / Minnesota 32 WTF ??!

I shot over 60% (7/8 3pts) they shot under 30% (0/4 3pts)
They made 18 of they're 32 pts in the paint (+ 12 FT)

I run plays, take good shots, play FB and every shoot goes in.
They just don't play basket, they don't do anything and always finish by a contested shot missed...

I simply think this set don't go with bed's roster, and i'll wait till they make they're own slider set for the roster cause it's just not fun right now.

I really don't understand why it was this easy for me and why the CPU don't play (like they've had no system...)

I'll maybe try one last game with other teams this week end, we'll see.
Yeah, I am highly doubting that my sliders are compatible with BWR's roster. Sorry about that! I do believe that there are a few slider sets made specifically for that roster file though, so I would give those a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
About to finally start my association. When adjusting attack the basket, should any tweaks be made to coach profiles? I've only adjusted the main sliders & am happy so far. Just a final check though. Lol!
The only Coach Profile edits that should be made are posted in the OP. I haven't made any other edits (so far), so doing so would have unknown affects on my slider set. Best to just leave all other Coach Profile sliders alone for now!

Also, I would hold off on starting your Association for a few more hours. I'm working on a major update to these sliders, and they should be out sometime tonight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thanks for your input EM on association mode. Also I just finished editing my roster ready for association mode.. Potential edits and coach profile with November 14 roster...

Damn it took me 4 hours...

Good thing I check this thread for upcoming slider updates... Can't wait but take your time!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #247
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

New Update

This update has a LOT of changes, so think of it as a "BETA". I'm sure there will be a few things that need to be fine-tuned just because of how many changes were made, but IMO this update is solid as-is.

As always, any and all feedback is needed and welcome.

Enjoy!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love how up-to-date you keep these sliders with the new findings that the community is bringing to to table. Major props on trying to reach the most realistic experience possible within the game's parameters.

I'd been having some great, realistic-feel games on the PC with Slimm44's roster and these sliders. I'll give them a try with the new settings and let you know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »