Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 2
I think I understand what you are getting at with defensive sliders... I think that will help me resulting in low FG % game. I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

By the way, I don't want to mislead you with how this slider plays out. I looked at real NBA scores lately and noticed that it's very rare to see games end in 85 - 90 ish points anymore. (I don't know why I wanted low scoring games when I want to go for realism ha! ) I guess what I'm trying to say is the stats I get with your slider set is very realistic including final scores. Just need help keeping FG % lower...

I think 45 or below is ideal... Anyway let me try your suggestions and keep you posted.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #274
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
I don't mind seeing high scoring games at all. I'm just trying to make sure that's realistic. I enjoyed it but just making sure
No problem. In today's NBA, high scores are the norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I think I understand what you are getting at with defensive sliders... I think that will help me resulting in low FG % game. I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

By the way, I don't want to mislead you with how this slider plays out. I looked at real NBA scores lately and noticed that it's very rare to see games end in 85 - 90 ish points anymore. (I don't know why I wanted low scoring games when I want to go for realism ha! ) I guess what I'm trying to say is the stats I get with your slider set is very realistic including final scores. Just need help keeping FG % lower...

I think 45 or below is ideal... Anyway let me try your suggestions and keep you posted.
Yeah, I'm still trying to perfect the balance between the shot success sliders and the Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength (Release).

I need to make sure I find the right number for the Shot Success sliders first, so that I'm seeing the correct amount of wide-open shots going in. I think my sliders are perfect on that end, but I'm still seeing too many contested shots going in (which is resulting in the high FG%).

However, in an earlier version of my sliders I had too LOW of FG%, so I think I can get this all sorted out fairly quickly
Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #275
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Looks like the Thunder/Warriors game is about right minus the crazy difference in offense boards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #276
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Looks like the Thunder/Warriors game is about right minus the crazy difference in offense boards
Just tried your sliders... Had an awesome game with me as clippers

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #277
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Play a couple more games. Not every single game is going to end up with picture perfect and even stats. Some games one team will dominate the other in a certain stat category, and other games the teams will be about even.

Diversity and variety is a good thing. Keep playing and don't over think the stats!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #278
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm planning on trying your sliders but I was wondering if you have a potential solution to my issue. I'm using my own slider set with coach profile edits but do you have an general pointers to lower the rebounding totals? Everything seems to be good for my set but I'm struggling with finding a way to lower the rebounds.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #279
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Love this set. Only thing I am seeing is too many CPU offensive rebounds.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #280
Rookie

OVR: 1

here's the 2 games that i played

USER (hornets) CPU (bucks)

USER (jazz) CPU (nuggets)

basing on these 2 games..i can say FT % issue was fixed.

CONCERNS:
1) need to see more blocks

2) alley oop needs to be toned down. im seeing too many. i think an avg of 2 alley oop should be enough..correct me if im wrong

3) noticed that CPU still likes to attack the basket too much. fast breaks are ok but what happens is when CPU gets the rebound and the PG/SG gets the ball past half court, the point seems set on pushing the ball inside the paint. if you lose your step on defense..it's an easy score. but if you don't and still the PG/SG was able to get inside, that's when your team's defensive positions gets f****ed up. lots of players get jammed inside. hard to see who to guard sometimes leads to the point passing the ball to an open big man inside. this problem is what makes the game unrealistic IMO. we need to see more passing and outside shooting instead of the the PG/SG tries to bully their way inside. maybe lower offensive awareness?

4) there are times when CPU sets up a half court play, there aren't much ball movement. shot clock is already winding down and this player who's not supposed to be taking any last second shots hogs the ball and won't pass it until he takes the shot when the shot clock expires which is too predictable.

5) CPU wins on hustle most of the time

that's all for now. hope we can find a way to solve these issues.

Last edited by Yabudabi; 11-19-2012 at 12:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »