Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #281
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhazon8
I'm planning on trying your sliders but I was wondering if you have a potential solution to my issue. I'm using my own slider set with coach profile edits but do you have an general pointers to lower the rebounding totals? Everything seems to be good for my set but I'm struggling with finding a way to lower the rebounds.
That depends, I would really have to see what all of your stats look like. The most likely culprit is that you're either not shooting enough free throws, or you're shooting too many FGs. If you can give me some specifics, I'll be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Love this set. Only thing I am seeing is too many CPU offensive rebounds.
Hmm.. I'm seeing just about the right amount of rebounds in my games. If it continues to be a problem, either decrease CPU Offensive Rebounding by one click or increase User Defensive Rebounding by one click.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabudabi

CONCERNS:
1) need to see more blocks

2) alley oop needs to be toned down. im seeing too many. i think an avg of 2 alley oop should be enough..correct me if im wrong

3) noticed that CPU still likes to attack the basket too much. fast breaks are ok but what happens is when CPU gets the rebound and the PG/SG gets the ball past half court, the point seems set on pushing the ball inside the paint. if you lose your step on defense..it's an easy score. but if you don't and still the PG/SG was able to get inside, that's when your team's defensive positions gets f****ed up. lots of players get jammed inside. hard to see who to guard sometimes leads to the point passing the ball to an open big man inside. this problem is what makes the game unrealistic IMO. we need to see more passing and outside shooting instead of the the PG/SG tries to bully their way inside. maybe lower offensive awareness?

4) there are times when CPU sets up a half court play, there aren't much ball movement. shot clock is already winding down and this player who's not supposed to be taking any last second shots hogs the ball and won't pass it until he takes the shot when the shot clock expires which is too predictable.

5) CPU wins on hustle most of the time

that's all for now. hope we can find a way to solve these issues.
The solution to most of these problems is to either decrease CPU Offensive Awareness by 3-5 clicks, or decrease CPU Attack the Basket by 1-2 clicks. Try both (separately), see which one gives the best results, and then let me know.

As for Blocks, I agree I'm still not seeing enough of them. This is a tricky one to fix while maintaining realism. Maybe decreasing the Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength (Takeoff/Gather) to 95 will help here? My reasoning here, and it's just a guess, would be that the drop in contested-shot animations may lead to more clean jumpshot animations in traffic, which may in turn lead to more blocks (as the shooter isn't adjusting his shot based on the defense every single time like they are now).

Alley-Oops should be an easy fix. If others are seeing this issue, I'll drop the CPU Throw Alley-Oops tendency to 47.

And as for Hustle, there are two possible solutions: If the CPU has too much Hustle, decrease the value to 25. If the User just doesn't have enough Hustle, increase the value to 87. Choose whichever option most pertains to the issue you're seeing.

Let me know how these edits work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #282
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That depends, I would really have to see what all of your stats look like. The most likely culprit is that you're either not shooting enough free throws, or you're shooting too many FGs. If you can give me some specifics, I'll be able to help you out.
Alright, I'll play a few games and give you some stuff to work with.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #283
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhazon8
Alright, I'll play a few games and give you some stuff to work with.
Sounds good!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #284
Pro

After playing a few quarters in pick-up games with the Bulls and the Heat I'm starting to think it's a side effect of the fantasy draft I did for my association. I used the roster that came with the game and in all of the tests the teams were on pace for numbers around the stat picture you posted in your other thread. The fantasy association I'm doing includes all of the classic players in it combined with the current players. Fantasy along with a huge increase in the talent available is probably the cause for it, but I'll keep at it and see what happens.

Last edited by RedPhazon8; 11-19-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #285
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok so this just a mock up game which is why i had 27 3pt FGA.

CHANGES
CPU Lower attack the basket by 2 clicks
USER & CPU Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength (Takeoff/Gather) to 95
CPU Throw Alley-Oops tendency to 47
USER hustle to 87

** for CPU Offensive Awareness, i left it untouched during the first half but saw that the CPU still attacks the basket frequently and took shots too quickly. So in the 2nd half, i lowered it by 5 clicks and it seems that it toned down the problem

Saw some blocks as well that i really liked especially when players drive to the hoop.

Too much Alley oop was also lessen and it was a good test going up again with the nets coz last time there were too many alley oop from deron to g. Wallace. Also there were balls that were strip by USER and got the steal (before CPU usually gets back the ball).

CONCERNS: turnovers
Im going to play one more game with the new changes

Last edited by Yabudabi; 11-19-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #286
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

New Update

In the latest update, I was looking to lower the FG%, increase blocks/turnovers, even out rebounds, and make the CPU post-game more formidable.

What I'm most interested in is how the CPU offense is running. I think I'm close to perfecting the Tendencies section, and I would really love to get that out of the way so that I don't have to ever worry about it again. It's driving me insane!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #287
Pro

I just got done with a test with your sliders to see if it made a difference and here you are editing them. Anyway it seems like when I use your sets the rebounding drops to acceptable levels in my fantasy association. I'll play a few more with your changes after I take a nap and I'll get back to you.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #288
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15

I would like to be able to drive on more as that the part I'm still learning. So I should lower help defense strength, defensive awareness and on-ball defense right? So the defense wouldn't be able to keep up that much fro example when I try to drive in from the post or from a triple threat?
One other question I see that the cpu isn't falling for jab steps and pump fakes. I'm guessing that's because of the defensive awareness?

I really enjoy your set so far, but the Spurs are hard to to beat even with Memphis. I couldn't really drive in with Tony Allen for a layup. I had epic games since you helped me out in PM so thanks for the help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »