Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #289
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
*Important*
I am still looking for any feedback and suggestions on how to improve this set. The main thing I would like to hear about is any issues you have noticed regarding the way certain teams play. If the CPU isn't using a team the way it should (such as not using the post or a certain player enough), let me know about it either in this thread or in a PM.

Latest Update: November 19th, 4:05 AM - Version 2.2

What's New: In Version 2.0, some minor updates have been made to the Defense slider section to increase the field goal percentage of contested shots. Another major update has been made to the Attributes section. These changes have been made so that players will better reflect their real-life counterparts. Blocks and rebounds will still play out as they did in previous versions, but now the players who get those blocks and rebounds are the ones who realistically should.

Gameplay

Difficulty - All-Star
Game Style - Simulation
Game Speed - 55
Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Shooting Type - User Timing (Personal Preference)
FT Shooting Type - Real Player %
Free Throw Difficulty - 80

My Controller:
Automatic Shot Contest - Intense-D
Defensive Assist Strength - 50 (Personal Preference)

Coach Profiles (For all Teams)
Run Plays - 0 (Makes the CPU run plays on offense, instead of relying on isolation and freelancing)
Fast Break - Make the following changes to all teams. Format will be (Default / New), so when a team's default value is within the range shown on the left, change that value to the one on the right. These changes should greatly improve the realism of the AI fast-break:
75-100 / 30
50-74 / 25
25-49 / 20
Less than 25 / 15

While the sliders below are the "final set", that does not mean that there won't be small updates in the future. If there are any noticeable problems that need addressed, be sure to report them here!

User vs. CPU Sliders
If there is only one value listed, it applies to both User and CPU. If there are two values, they will be in User/CPU format.

Offense
Inside Shot Success - 44/47
Close Shot Success - 46/50
Mid-Range Success - 49/52
3PT Success - 46/53
Layup Success - 50
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 35
Dunk In Traffic Success - 47
Pass Accuracy - 50
Alley-Oop Success - 47
Contact Shot Success - 52

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF - 100
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE - 65/65
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER - 100
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE - 65/65
Help Defense Strength - 75
Steal Success - 52

Attributes
Quickness - 37/31
Vertical - 45/40
Strength - 50/45
Stamina - 50
Speed - 37/31
Durability - 50
Hustle - 87/26
Ball Handling - 45/39
Hands - 55/45
Dunking Ability - 48/43
On-Ball Defense - 55/50
Stealing - 55/50
Blocking - 67/57
Offensive Awareness - 50/70
Defensive Awareness - 100
Offensive Rebounding - 55/45
Defensive Rebounding - 59/51
Consistency - 25/75
Fatigue Rate - 55
Injury Frequency - 75
Injury Severity - 50

Tendencies *Only for CPU unless two values are given*
Take Inside Shots - 25
Take Close Shots - 25
Take Mid-Range Shots - 47
Take 3Pt Shots - 64
Post Shots - 76
Attack the Basket - 23
Look for Post Players - 100
Throw Alley-Oops - 49
Attempt Dunks - 50
Attempt Putbacks - 60
Play Passing Lanes - 55/44
Go For On-Ball Steals - 50/50
Contest Shots - 65
Backdoor Cuts - 5

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency - 100
Charging Foul Frequency - 100
Blocking Foul Frequency - 75
Reaching Foul Frequency - 75
Shooting Foul Frequency - 95
Loose Ball Foul Frequency -100

CPU vs. CPU Sliders
Only the CPU value is listed, for obvious reasons. Any sliders not mentioned remain the same as the "User vs. CPU" slider set.

Attributes
Hands - 50

Association Mode
These sliders are for Offline Association mode only. In my opinion, these give the best results by far. Any sliders not mentioned remain the same as the User/CPU or CPU/CPU slider sets above.

Game Options (Press Y/Triangle at the Team/Jersey selection screen)
Game Speed - 55
Player Speed - 38
Attributes
Speed - 50/45
Quickness - 50/45
Durability - 50
Injury Frequency - 40 (Any higher results in too many sim injuries)
Injury Severity - 0 (Makes it so the majority of injuries are minor)

Any feedback is very much appreciated, as any help I can get expedites the fine-tuning process. However, be sure to keep the criticism as constructive and informative as possible. Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc.

Also, stop by my blog and comment on my very first blog post to voice your opinion on what exactly needs to be fixed in NBA 2k13's User vs. CPU gameplay! Just click the link below, leave your comments, and help create a better offline experience!
What are your biggest gripes with 2k13's User vs. CPU gameplay?

And finally, here's a simple resource I made to help depict what exactly "realistic stats" should look like:
NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

Enjoy!
Don't quite understand why you make changes to quickness for example in main sliders but not for association which are different?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #290
MVP

OVR: 4
First game with the new update... Tight game... Behind all game but almost tied it with a three last 2 secs... Got totally out rebounded... A problem or a one off?? Pip was a little high but not drastically so

Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Don't quite understand why you make changes to quickness for example in main sliders but not for association which are different?

Dude did you really have to copy the whole post to discuss that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #292
Rookie

Hi EM,I just want to say it's really great that you are helping every one of us by suggesting how to tweak the slider to make it a better fit for everyone. Your explanation and patience are greatly appreciated.

However sometimes I don't experience certain 'concerns' that others may experience in my game since we all have different expectations and different game play style. (I'm sure others don't have same concerns as I do because of this)

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't over work yourself with editing your slider set daily. Your replies with suggestions are helpful enough for users to make necessary changes in their game. I think you should let people (including myself) play your new version at least 3-5 times before you release new update.

I just don't want you to burn yourself. Also it's kinda tough for us to keep up with giving feed backs when new changes are so frequent.

By the way, your tendencies and how CPU plays has been great for a very long time. That's why I don't really post CPU box scores any more.

I think you are very close to perfecting your slider set. At least that's how I feel. With your suggestions for better fitting will make it even better for certain individuals... I think the time to just enjoy the game is very near.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I've played 4 games with my stepbro (both of us on the same team) and were getting some great games that are competitive but never feeling like we are being cheesed. My only complaint is that FG% throughout the entire game is always in the early 50s for both teams and was wondering how we can lower this? Toning down both user and cpu shot success maybe?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #294
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
I've played 4 games with my stepbro (both of us on the same team) and were getting some great games that are competitive but never feeling like we are being cheesed. My only complaint is that FG% throughout the entire game is always in the early 50s for both teams and was wondering how we can lower this? Toning down both user and cpu shot success maybe?
See few posts above. I had similar issue and EM provided good suggestions... I haven't had time to try yet.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #295
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Reading this thread makes me glad I no longer care about 2K13... Tweak, tweak, update, change, fix, tweak, update, fix, tweak, change, fix, update... And on and on and on it goes...

Suggestion: wait for a patch... It's the only thing that will save this game, and you know once one comes out it's probably back to the drawing board. I'm not touching 2K13 until one drops, and I'm not even commenting in my slider thread until that happens. You'll only get frustrated.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #296
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhazon8
I just got done with a test with your sliders to see if it made a difference and here you are editing them. Anyway it seems like when I use your sets the rebounding drops to acceptable levels in my fantasy association. I'll play a few more with your changes after I take a nap and I'll get back to you.
Haha sorry, I started seeing some of the same problems other people were bringing up, so I had to do some minor tweaks. Hopefully this update fixed most of the minor issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
I would like to be able to drive on more as that the part I'm still learning. So I should lower help defense strength, defensive awareness and on-ball defense right? So the defense wouldn't be able to keep up that much fro example when I try to drive in from the post or from a triple threat?
One other question I see that the cpu isn't falling for jab steps and pump fakes. I'm guessing that's because of the defensive awareness?

I really enjoy your set so far, but the Spurs are hard to to beat even with Memphis. I couldn't really drive in with Tony Allen for a layup. I had epic games since you helped me out in PM so thanks for the help.
I would just lower the CPU On Ball Defense by 2 clicks, see if that helps, and if it doesn't then lower it another 1 or 2 clicks.

Quote:

For one, please don't quote the OP. It's too long of a post and takes up to much space on a page.

As for your question, I lowered speed and quickness so that player movement was more realistic and so that players actually felt like they had weight and momentum. The Association sliders stay the same because, in Association mode only, there is the Player Speed option in the Pre-Game menu. So I can leave Speed and Quickness at 50/45 and instead just tweak the Player Speed Pre-Game option.

Quote:
First game with the new update... Tight game... Behind all game but almost tied it with a three last 2 secs... Got totally out rebounded... A problem or a one off?? Pip was a little high but not drastically so

If you got "totally out rebounded" with my latest update, then yes it was just a one-off. I lowered the CPU rebounding slightly in the latest update, and I wasn't really seeing too big of a rebounding problem before that.

Try a couple more games and see if the rebounding evens out a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Hi EM,I just want to say it's really great that you are helping every one of us by suggesting how to tweak the slider to make it a better fit for everyone. Your explanation and patience are greatly appreciated.

However sometimes I don't experience certain 'concerns' that others may experience in my game since we all have different expectations and different game play style. (I'm sure others don't have same concerns as I do because of this)

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't over work yourself with editing your slider set daily. Your replies with suggestions are helpful enough for users to make necessary changes in their game. I think you should let people (including myself) play your new version at least 3-5 times before you release new update.

I just don't want you to burn yourself. Also it's kinda tough for us to keep up with giving feed backs when new changes are so frequent.

By the way, your tendencies and how CPU plays has been great for a very long time. That's why I don't really post CPU box scores any more.

I think you are very close to perfecting your slider set. At least that's how I feel. With your suggestions for better fitting will make it even better for certain individuals... I think the time to just enjoy the game is very near.

Just my thoughts...
Thanks for the support man.

As for all of the minor updates, I just do that when I notice a problem in my game that others in this thread have also pointed out. Most of my updates are very minor, involving only a 1 tick adjustment in certain categories.

I agree with you, though, I'm almost done with this slider set (at least until the patch drops). The Attributes and Tendencies sections are almost perfect, and the Offense/Defense sections are coming along very nicely.

Once blocks, turnovers, and FG% are fixed, there won't be anything left to tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Reading this thread makes me glad I no longer care about 2K13... Tweak, tweak, update, change, fix, tweak, update, fix, tweak, change, fix, update... And on and on and on it goes...

Suggestion: wait for a patch... It's the only thing that will save this game, and you know once one comes out it's probably back to the drawing board. I'm not touching 2K13 until one drops, and I'm not even commenting in my slider thread until that happens. You'll only get frustrated.....
I actually love the constant tweaking. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to sliders of any sort (even when adjusting the Picture settings on my HDTV). Once I get the results I'm nearly 100% happy with, I'll give it a rest. Until then, I can't help but keep plugging away haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »