Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #337
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I've tried again testing some waters. Against star teams with lower stat teams. CPU is a beast at rebounding, outrebounding me everywhere than turning over to a dunk on the others side (Miami), or intercepting passes that were accurate and right out of nowhere (Knicks), when I attempt to drive in I bump into the AI and the layup or shot animation cancels it becomes an impossible shot, yet the AI cheeses in everything. I'm not that good with dribbles so I'd like to know which slider do I have to decrease/increase to be able to at least connect with a sweet layup without bumping while making it harder in the AI to do this as I'm still trying to get around the layups against stronger teams. Is it CPU driving contact shot or the Player driving contact shot frequency? So if I decrease the player driving shot frequency I should be able to get in better? Thanks for the help. I also would like to know why isn't the AI falling for any of my jab steps or pump fakes. I would appreciate any kind of help regarding this. Thank you.

Last edited by Rewmac; 11-22-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #338
MVP

OVR: 4
Had a run of around 4 games whereby these sliders just delivered full stop as my earlier screen shots will testify.... But the last two games.... All I can say is grrrrrrrrrrrr..... I just can't stop them driving the basket... Point in the paint was ridiculous like 60 plus % of the points... Just noticed mkharsh has updated his and attack the basket is set to zero??

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #339
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Had a run of around 4 games whereby these sliders just delivered full stop as my earlier screen shots will testify.... But the last two games.... All I can say is grrrrrrrrrrrr..... I just can't stop them driving the basket... Point in the paint was ridiculous like 60 plus % of the points... Just noticed mkharsh has updated his and attack the basket is set to zero??

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
It really depends on the team you're playing against. Some teams hardly ever score in the paint with my sliders, and some teams score a high percentage of their points in the paint.

I think that in order to fine-tune this you would have to edit the Coach Profiles of the teams that are attacking the basket too much.

Seeing as the patch is dropping in 2 weeks, I probably won't have many more updates to this set between now and then. Hopefully the patch fixes the major gameplay issues, so slider makers will have a much easier job afterward.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #340
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

I second that. These sliders really deliver. I have used them since the latest update. I have some sweet match-ups, but there are some really tough teams to beat. Mostly the driving. Seems like sometimes the AI just goes on whenever they want (Thunder, Heat mostly) other teams play brilliant. I just want to counter this some way, which is more active defense. Like EccentricMeat have told me you have to actively defend against stars and predict, because LeBron will make assists and passes, but Wade will shoot 90% of the time. You can make your strategies. Tendencies are sweet. I just want to know how to cheese in layups like the CPU does

Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #341
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

By the way the "defense" sliders. Are those defense against it or defense general? So it effects me or my defense towards "jumping shot contact frequency" or "driving shot"? Sorry I'm just trying to understand the sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #342
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
I second that. These sliders really deliver. I have used them since the latest update. I have some sweet match-ups, but there are some really tough teams to beat. Mostly the driving. Seems like sometimes the AI just goes on whenever they want (Thunder, Heat mostly) other teams play brilliant. I just want to counter this some way, which is more active defense. Like EccentricMeat have told me you have to actively defend against stars and predict, because LeBron will make assists and passes, but Wade will shoot 90% of the time. You can make your strategies. Tendencies are sweet. I just want to know how to cheese in layups like the CPU does
I also second this.

For the first time actually, I had to make defensive adjustments as if I was playing my friends in my recent games. Such as putting double team on players getting hot or super star players cuz there is always somebody like that you must put a stop in order to win. Not just my offense but defense strategy actually matters... I really like this.

By the way EM, I'm also on PC and probably I won't come in here until the PC patch drops in March or April. Hahaha. I guess your new set will be ready by then. Good luck!

Well, do you think you can do the last update for the pre-patch edition? (as per my suggestion in the earlier post) hahaha this slider sets gotta last me next 5 month!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #343
Rookie

OVR: 2
In case, anyone looking for CPU vs CPU slider for their player lock association, I can confirm that EM's slider works just as good if not better. Just played few games that way and I was very satisfied.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #344
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
By the way the "defense" sliders. Are those defense against it or defense general? So it effects me or my defense towards "jumping shot contact frequency" or "driving shot"? Sorry I'm just trying to understand the sliders.
That's a tough one to answer. I've heard from some that the CPU Defense sliders affect how the CPU defense plays, but I've heard from others that the CPU Defense sliders affect how the User defense plays.

I haven't had any time to play the last few days, but once the family leaves I'll try to figure this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I also second this.

For the first time actually, I had to make defensive adjustments as if I was playing my friends in my recent games. Such as putting double team on players getting hot or super star players cuz there is always somebody like that you must put a stop in order to win. Not just my offense but defense strategy actually matters... I really like this.

By the way EM, I'm also on PC and probably I won't come in here until the PC patch drops in March or April. Hahaha. I guess your new set will be ready by then. Good luck!

Well, do you think you can do the last update for the pre-patch edition? (as per my suggestion in the earlier post) hahaha this slider sets gotta last me next 5 month!!!
Glad to hear that you guys are having to adjust against the CPU!

As for updates on the Pre-Patch version of my sliders, there's no need to worry. The patch won't drop for another two weeks, and I expect to have all of the remaining issues ironed out by then

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »