Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #425
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I figured it would. The Run Play slider at 100 coupled with Vannwolfhawk's playbooks makes this game AMAZING.

100? Did I miss a earlier discussion, I thought that it was found that we should run plays set at 0 to see more plays called because of the slider being reversed? Did the patch fix that or something? I'm asking this because I just started usings Vannwolfs playbooks. So basically we need to have the run plays slider set at 100 or near 100 to have the cpu run more plays now?

Last edited by STLRams; 12-03-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #426
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Been talking with some guys - we're really seeing GREAT results with run plays set at 3.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #427
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
100? Did I miss a earlier discussion, I thought that it was found that we should run plays set at 0 to see more plays called because of the slider being reversed? Did the patch fix that or something? I'm asking this because I just started usings Vannwolfs playbooks. So basically we need to have the run plays slider set at 100 or near 100 to have the cpu run more plays now?
With Vann's playbooks, Run Plays at 100 makes the offense more fluid and the ball really gets passed around. Everyone gets their shots, but the superstars still stand out in-game and on the stat sheet.

Without Vann's playbooks, there were a lot of broken plays, and with Run Plays at 0 the AI seemed to bypass those plays.

Whatever the "science" is behind this slider, all I know is that with Vann's playbooks the game plays best with Run Plays at 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Been talking with some guys - we're really seeing GREAT results with run plays set at 3.
Interesting, I'll be sure to give this a look some time.

Unfortunately I may not be able to update my set for a while. Not only do I have a ridiculous amount of school-work coming up, but also Far Cry 3 comes out tonight and I have a feeling that that game will consume ALL of my free time for a while...
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #428
MVP

OVR: 15

[quote=EccentricMeat;2044492848]With Vann's playbooks, Run Plays at 100 makes the offense more fluid and the ball really gets passed around. Everyone gets their shots, but the superstars still stand out in-game and on the stat sheet.

Without Vann's playbooks, there were a lot of broken plays, and with Run Plays at 0 the AI seemed to bypass those plays.

Whatever the "science" is behind this slider, all I know is that with Vann's playbooks the game plays best with Run Plays at 100.

Interesting, I remember when I put in his plays for a few teams they seem to run the plays alot and very well at that teams default coach run plays settings, especially the spurs. I think there run plays was at 85 by default and with Vannwolf's playbook they were running plays for Tony Parker and he was killing my team - in a realistic way. Since the Spurs 85 number is a number that is atleast 100, I will try to raise all of the other teams run plays slider to 80-100 range, with Vannwolfs playbooks to see how it goes. So really it isn't so much is that the run plays slider is reversed, its just that 2K's broken plays they have for alot of teams is causing issue with how that team's run there plays and somehow setting the slider all the way down seem to fix the problem, but with Vannwolf eliminating those broken/bad plays the CPU offense seems to call plays correctly, I guess?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #429
Rookie

OVR: 2
Spent all evening yesterday and barely finished western conference playbook edit. I'm gonna get far cry 3 also. It will be a nice break from 2K13...hope my PC can handle it.

Yeah all those broken plays ruined CPU behavior I guess. But run play at zero made this game playable until vannwolfhawk's work. I can only imagine the amount of work vannwolfhawk had to put in. I mean I'm so drained from entering those edits only half way. Man, I owe so many favor to people here at OS.

Last edited by achieveduser; 12-03-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #430
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Is that with a roster that has Vannwolfs play books mk?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #431
MVP

OVR: 9

I've played 2 games and watched 2 cpu vs cpu games with the latest set and I think there are significant issues with the CPU offense.

I am using the recommended rosters on page 1.

The biggest problem is cpu field goal percentage. In 4 games plus a 5th I am watching right now, the CPU has never been over 40%. I am noticing several issues that may be causing this.

1) Horrible shot selection. CPU passes up wide open mid range jumpers and then takes contested 3's or jumpers with the shot clock running out.

2) There is something to say about shot contests being too strong. The game has no flow on the inside and good players have a tendency to miss what looks like slightly contested layups.

3) I personally believe CPU consistency is a problem, because the flow of made shots is very poor. Scoring will seem like it's going along ok, then both teams (in cpu vs cpu) will go 4 minutes without making a shot. Then it'll be ok for a few minutes, then 4 more minutes of just awful-to-watch basketball.

The good news is I think the user offense plays great. But as it is right now, I beat the spurs on the road with the pacers by 20+ because the CPU offense is just awful.

Last edited by doctorhay53; 12-03-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #432
@MikeLowe47

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

So what do I need to do to get this up and running for PS3? I know I don't have the rosters available, but what else?

1) Playbooks? Is that something I get from 2kShare?

2) Edits to play calling coach setting? To what?

I guess I should add that I plan on using AI vs AI for a sim association.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »