Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That's strange. At 50 I got too many season-ending or long term injuries, whereas at 0 I see far fewer. I'll have to take a look at this!
yeah CP3 had torn MCL in my association with the injury severity at 0 so i restarted my assoc..
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #450
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That's strange. At 50 I got too many season-ending or long term injuries, whereas at 0 I see far fewer. I'll have to take a look at this!
Yes, I did several tests to see how the sliders worked. I simmed a whole season with frequency at 50 and severity at 0, and for the most part, the injuries were injuries players couldn't play through. I lost Dwight to on Oblique Strain for 6-8 weeks. I had lost another player with a Torn Achilles for the rest of the season. So yeah, for the most part, it was no good.

Then I tried it again with severity at 100 and I noticed almost all the injuries were Day-to-Day, 1-2 week injuries that the players could play through, with maybe 1-2 injuries that were longer/non-playable injuries. I think the worst I saw was Broken Hand and that lasted 4-6 weeks.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #451
Rookie

Great work with the sliders, the only real problem for me is that post players do not ever take more that 9shots. Dwight/Cousins/Love players like that that are post players rarely get that ball. I play wit the knicks and even wit melo at the 4 they dont shoot from the post. I think this is why ive one all my post patch games wit these sliders by like 15 or 20. Usually its a close game and in the 3rd my team goes on a run and they struggle shooting and avoid taking post shots.
I shoot like 50% a game. Every other stat is perfect though

I play on 12 mins wit a basic 2k roster i hexed. I did the run plays to 0 also for everyteam. Im in march in my 82 game season wit the knicks and im first in the east so maybe my team is hot?
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #452
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
Great work with the sliders, the only real problem for me is that post players do not ever take more that 9shots. Dwight/Cousins/Love players like that that are post players rarely get that ball. I play wit the knicks and even wit melo at the 4 they dont shoot from the post. I think this is why ive one all my post patch games wit these sliders by like 15 or 20. Usually its a close game and in the 3rd my team goes on a run and they struggle shooting and avoid taking post shots.

I play on 12 mins wit a basic 2k roster i hexed. I did the run plays to 0 also for everyteam. Im in march in my 82 game season wit the knicks and im first in the east so maybe my team is hot?
That's been a problem for years with multiple reasons. Default playbooks are broken mostly so lots of post plays simply break down and pick and rolls don't result in good looks for the screener.
Also, the AI is hardcoded to force drives with guards so you have to do some serious roster editing to improve that.

What you could try is to lower offensive awareness down to 0. The AI still runs the same plays but it seems to decrease the amount of guards overdribbling.

Also, if the AI runs enough post plays but fails to play the entry pass, try lowering defensive pressure under coaching profiles to 25 or lower.
That way the AI post players are less often out of position.
Since you control the on ball defender yourself, this setting will not screw with on ball defense.
Another Alternative would be to set off ball defense for PF/C to Medium or Sag Off, so they got more space to receive the entry pass.
Could be problematic for shooting bigs, but closing out is overpowered, so you can still contest most shots.

Since High Post plays are broken this year again you should replace those plays either with Isolation or Mid Range if you want to see Dirk or Bosh receive touches away from the basket.

Basically, post players dominating is not what 2k wanted 2k13 to look like, so you have to work around a bit.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's your roster
With the one he told us to download Dwight and pau will go off for 25 and 10 like all the time or I saw Kevin love get 30 and 19
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #454
Banned

OVR: 8

wideout1234, your 'h' key seems to be missing on your keyboard.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #455
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234

Yeah, this has been annoying this year with the big men. I've had to go through every star big man in the game roster and raised there shooting tendency, there post shots tendency and there touch tendency. Your best shot is edit the roster because 2K screwed up post big men this year, but the big the star big men for the classic teams are great without much editing, don't know why 2K messed up the current big men.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #456
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Yeah, this has been annoying this year with the big men. I've had to go through every star big man in the game roster and raised there shooting tendency, there post shots tendency and there touch tendency. Your best shot is edit the roster because 2K screwed up post big men this year, but the big the star big men for the classic teams are great without much editing, don't know why 2K messed up the current big men.
Have you tried vannwolfhawk playbook edits yet? I recently added that to my own roster following his tips and raised run plays to 100. From what I can see, this helped low post game for big men a lot as well as overall CPU movement when they attack me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »