Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I try to load it up and it says the roster is damaged and unreadable.

you need to use horizon

Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi,

We're using these sliders for our online association, do we are unable to change the game speed. Are there any changes you would recommend to make up for this?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #475
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey Eccentric how has the game's big men been playing against you since you've implemented your sliders? Are they aggressive and looking to score more and is the offense running more through them? Just curious, for me it seems I still had to go the star big men tendencies and make some adjustments to make sure they get the ball enough and score from the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #476
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Have you tried vannwolfhawk playbook edits yet? I recently added that to my own roster following his tips and raised run plays to 100. From what I can see, this helped low post game for big men a lot as well as overall CPU movement when they attack me.
Yes I implemented his playbooks onto my roster, it did help alot, but I still had to tweak the bigmen here and there to make sure the post players were efficient and deadly from the post.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #477
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Yes I implemented his playbooks onto my roster, it did help alot, but I still had to tweak the bigmen here and there to make sure the post players were efficient and deadly from the post.
I haven't had time to get any games in lately (too many papers, projects, and finals to study for). When I first implemented my sliders, though, I was seeing the dominant big men get their touches and double teams were often needed in order to slow them down.

The best results I ever got out of the post game was when I was testing some of my pre-patch sliders. I think I had Attack the Basket at 30, Take Post Shots at 75, and Look for Post Players at 100. The AI post players were TOO dominant, as Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph routinely combined for 40+ points while making 80% of their shots.

Unfortunately, while the AI was looking to the post at a realistic rate, they were also reverting back to the "force my way into the paint" philosophy on offense, leaving the mid-range and 3PT shooting almost completely ignored. The PiP was somewhere around 75% of the AI's total points, so I had to change the tendencies :/

When I get back to testing, I will probably try these values once again, as the new playbooks should help to alleviate the PiP problem as more players are now utilized in the AI's offense.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #478
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strom22
Hi,

We're using these sliders for our online association, do we are unable to change the game speed. Are there any changes you would recommend to make up for this?
Hmm, I'm not sure.

Try these changes:
Quickness - 45/40
Speed - 45/40

See if you like the player movement with those settings.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #479
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I haven't had time to get any games in lately (too many papers, projects, and finals to study for). When I first implemented my sliders, though, I was seeing the dominant big men get their touches and double teams were often needed in order to slow them down.

The best results I ever got out of the post game was when I was testing some of my pre-patch sliders. I think I had Attack the Basket at 30, Take Post Shots at 75, and Look for Post Players at 100. The AI post players were TOO dominant, as Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph routinely combined for 40+ points while making 80% of their shots.

Unfortunately, while the AI was looking to the post at a realistic rate, they were also reverting back to the "force my way into the paint" philosophy on offense, leaving the mid-range and 3PT shooting almost completely ignored. The PiP was somewhere around 75% of the AI's total points, so I had to change the tendencies :/

When I get back to testing, I will probably try these values once again, as the new playbooks should help to alleviate the PiP problem as more players are now utilized in the AI's offense.
See, the thing is, your slider tendency works just fine for the classic team and their big men. That's why I think the current NBA roster is bit lacking when it comes to their big men and post moves.

I also adjusted current big men's touch and tendencies... plus playbook edits...

As a result, I can now see big men like Cousins and Milsap being the second highest FG attempt by the CPU. Never the first though.

They usually have 20 FG attempts with 5 or 6 legitimate post move attempts... I would like to see them trying at least10 solid back down in the post and attempting hooks or shimmy shots but they often end up with very awkward low post jump shots and miss most of them.

I'm ready to settle for this though. Perhaps it is wrong for me to compare the current NBA big men to the likes of Hakeem, Shaq, and Ewing in the first place. I guess 2K game play recognizes how real life NBA has evolved and puts emphasis on wing play and etc.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #480
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
See, the thing is, your slider tendency works just fine for the classic team and their big men. That's why I think the current NBA roster is bit lacking when it comes to their big men and post moves.

I also adjusted current big men's touch and tendencies... plus playbook edits...

As a result, I can now see big men like Cousins and Milsap being the second highest FG attempt by the CPU. Never the first though.

They usually have 20 FG attempts with 5 or 6 legitimate post move attempts... I would like to see them trying at least10 solid back down in the post and attempting hooks or shimmy shots but they often end up with very awkward low post jump shots and miss most of them.

I'm ready to settle for this though. Perhaps it is wrong for me to compare the current NBA big men to the likes of Hakeem, Shaq, and Ewing in the first place. I guess 2K game play recognizes how real life NBA has evolved and puts emphasis on wing play and etc.
True, but the issues with my previous tendency edits have been resolved with the patch and Vann's playbooks. When I get some breathing room from my school work, I'll do some more testing and see what I can come up with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »