Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #489
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
I have your sliders with the latest 2K rosters, run plays on 0, and I'm having fun for sure.

Would complain about the indifference most of my players show on the defensive glass, but I hear that's just a quirk with the game this year.

I'm also give up like 30 points a game to any opposing 2-guard who is better than average, despite Avery Bradley sticking him most of the game.

Another issue is how easily teams score in the paint against me, but that's mostly due to the aforementioned issues.
I'll get back to testing sliders at the end of the week when I'm done with finals, and I'll be sure to give these issues a look.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #490
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Played only 1 game so far... It feels pretty good all around so far! The only issues i have is the rebounding and the cpu 3pt attempts.
I played with the kings vs the nuggets both me and the cpu had about 60 rebounds overall, about 16-18 offensive rebounds.. Isnt that a bit too much?
And the cpu attempted almost 30 3pt shots.

Great work btw !!!
N1kola101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #491
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

So played another game heat vs kings me playing the kings. I changed on ball-D of the cpu to 50 i got to many wide open 3s in the first game.. And liwered the 3pt attempt rate of the cpu. But rebounding was still a problem.
Miami shot 41/91(45%) i shot 43/103(41%) miami had 41 D-Rebounds and 4 O-rebounds thats Ok, but i had 18 offensive rebounds and 43 defensive rebounds :/.. Dont u think thats too much?
N1kola101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #492
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
So played another game heat vs kings me playing the kings. I changed on ball-D of the cpu to 50 i got to many wide open 3s in the first game.. And liwered the 3pt attempt rate of the cpu. But rebounding was still a problem.
Miami shot 41/91(45%) i shot 43/103(41%) miami had 41 D-Rebounds and 4 O-rebounds thats Ok, but i had 18 offensive rebounds and 43 defensive rebounds :/.. Dont u think thats too much?
You should NEVER make changes based off of one game. Statistical anomalies like this happen ALL THE TIME in real life. Not every game is going to give perfect stats, because not every game in real life gives perfect stats.

Play a few more games (at least 3) before making changes. That way you get a better feel for how the sliders actually play and you can see what truly needs to be changed.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #493
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
Played only 1 game so far... It feels pretty good all around so far! The only issues i have is the rebounding and the cpu 3pt attempts.
I played with the kings vs the nuggets both me and the cpu had about 60 rebounds overall, about 16-18 offensive rebounds.. Isnt that a bit too much?
And the cpu attempted almost 30 3pt shots.

Great work btw !!!
Yes that's too much, but that can't be fixed by changing any rebounding settings. You and the CPU are putting up more shots than average (and missing plenty, obviously), so my guess is that you're A) Not getting a lot of points in the paint, or B) You're not getting enough shooting fouls called.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #494
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yes that's too much, but that can't be fixed by changing any rebounding settings. You and the CPU are putting up more shots than average (and missing plenty, obviously), so my guess is that you're A) Not getting a lot of points in the paint, or B) You're not getting enough shooting fouls called.
Yes that could be the problem i highered again the 3pt attempt for cpu cause they werent shooting if they were wide open.... and maybe im gonna try 11 min quarter lengt for lower rebound numbers.. But this slider setup is really great!!
Just a question: why did u put the consistency number for the user on 25 and for the cpu to 75 thats a big different, what does it effect? And also hustle theres also a huge different between user and cpu?

Best sliders i played with yet! Great work!

Last edited by N1kola101; 12-16-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: False grammar
N1kola101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #495
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
Yes that could be the problem i highered again the 3pt attempt for cpu cause they werent shooting if they were wide open.... and maybe im gonna try 11 min quarter lengt for lower rebound numbers.. But this slider setup is really great!!
Just a question: why did u put the consistency number for the user on 25 and for the cpu to 75 thats a big different, what does it effect? And also hustle theres also a huge different between user and cpu?

Best sliders i played with yet! Great work!
Consistency affects how "true to the ratings" players play on offense. With a higher consistency, the shooting attributes have a much higher affect on whether or not a shot goes in. With a lower consistency, the shooting attributes have less of an affect, and the User goes into hot/cold streaks more often.

Hustle has to have a huge differential because, for some reason, the User's AI teammates almost never hustle to the ball, but the AI opponent ALWAYS does. So the AI has to be lowered drastically, and the USER has to be raised drastically in order for the two to be on even ground.

As for your rebounding problems, how many shots and free throws are you and the AI averaging? Do you play an up-tempo offense? Do you shoot from the perimeter a lot? All of these have an affect on rebounding numbers.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #496
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2012
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

75 consistency is a bit high..
MVP9072 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Top -