Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #537
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that I AM still here! Also, it's looking like I should be able to get back to testing sliders soon, so be on the lookout for an update (hopefully) sometime later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashan
The shooting on these sliders is terrible. It seems like every open shot for both the user and cpu miss everytime. hovering around 30% shooting from the field and 20% and under from the 3pt. Boost the shooting man this is crazy.
Most people have been reporting the OPPOSITE, that teams are shooting too high of a percentage. Sorry, but I'm not going to overhaul the shooting sliders to make it easier for one person while everyone else is saying that it's good or already to easy.

If you have a hard time shooting, change the sliders yourself. There are no rules saying that you have to stick to the exact numbers of my slider set. Use my sliders as a base, and tweak them to fit your own needs. I won't be upset, I promise.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #538
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that I AM still here! Also, it's looking like I should be able to get back to testing sliders soon, so be on the lookout for an update (hopefully) sometime later this week.

Most people have been reporting the OPPOSITE, that teams are shooting too high of a percentage. Sorry, but I'm not going to overhaul the shooting sliders to make it easier for one person while everyone else is saying that it's good or already to easy.

If you have a hard time shooting, change the sliders yourself. There are no rules saying that you have to stick to the exact numbers of my slider set. Use my sliders as a base, and tweak them to fit your own needs. I won't be upset, I promise.
What sliders besides the shooting do i have to change? The Gather/Takeoff ones? and if so how much of a margin would you reccommend decreasing/increasing by?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #539
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree, they are too easy. My friend and I are looking to up the difficulty before the nextseason of our association, but I don't want to throw off the balance. I wish I had the time and patience to experiment and be of more help.

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #540
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set

Any chance I can get good results with vtcrb's roster?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #541
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashan
What sliders besides the shooting do i have to change? The Gather/Takeoff ones? and if so how much of a margin would you reccommend decreasing/increasing by?
That depends on what your problem is. Since you said that wide open shots miss too often, you should probably increase the Shot Success sliders. If shots in traffic go in too often but wide open shots miss too often, then you should increase the Shot Success sliders until the wide open shots start going in, but then also increase the Jumpshot Defense Strength sliders until the contested shots start missing at the rate you want them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strom22
I agree, they are too easy. My friend and I are looking to up the difficulty before the nextseason of our association, but I don't want to throw off the balance. I wish I had the time and patience to experiment and be of more help.

Best of luck!
One of the users on this forum (on the previous page, I believe) posted the changes they made to my sliders when increasing the difficulty to Superstar. Give those a try and see how they work for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Any chance I can get good results with vtcrb's roster?
I'm not sure. I haven't been following custom rosters much this year. A good rule of thumb is that, if the roster extensively alters attributes and tendencies, then it's likely that the only sliders that will work well with that roster are sliders that are made specifically for that roster.

You can give my sliders a try with custom rosters, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #542
Rookie

OVR: 5

Playing with the Lakers in association mode I was using a Pro set of sliders with a few tweaks and really enjoying the game. About 45 games in though I thought the game was stagnating. Every game was the same. Get out to the same lead, cpu teams playing the same way, using all the same moves to score, etc. etc. etc. So I put the game up for a couple of weeks.

Got the urge to play and thought I'd give these sliders a try. Wow, what a difference. Between these sliders and moving up to all-star it's like a whole new game. I'm seeing animations I wasn't seeing in my previous games. The help D and hustle plays are a 100% better. I have to work to score, no more simple spin and dunk at will. FGA per team are usually in the mid 80's now instead of the high 90's I was getting with the other set. FTA are finally at realistic levels. Even had a game where I shot 34 and opponent shot 32 FTs, nice.

With regard to the FG% discussion going on.. For me I found the open 3's a bit to hard to make (my team 3pt FG% was almost dead on for the season on the other set) and inside still a bit too easy. Simple solution was I lowered inside shot success by -2 and increased 3pt shot success by +2. May still tweak this a bit more but I have been happy with the results. I will see how it goes over 15 to 20 games to verify that it did either fix the issue or if I need to make some other small adjustments.

Thanks for posting them EM. Hell of a nice base set!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #543
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i had a set of pro sliders i was semi enjoying but just couldnt get the feel i was hoping for. against my will of playing on all star based on how it gives the cpu boost. i decided to give it a try. what i did is i grabbed your slider set. and i mixed in my own workings that i had come up with and really liked (defensive and tendency sliders) as well as a few attribute adjustments. and my oh my i am loving it. here is what i am using. i also updated it in my slider thread

*Before you start your association or play a team, please go into coach profiles and reduce the following to 0 for every current nba team, drastically improves gameplay*

run plays
Bench depth
take inside shots
take close shots
take mid range shots
take 3 point shots
attack basket
look for post players
throw alley oops

Gameplay

Camera: Broadcast: playing on 2k camera is a lot easier. desired stats will only be gained playing broadcast camera

Difficulty - All Pro
Game Speed - 70. (trust me)
Quarter Length - 10-12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Shooting Type - User Timing (Personal Preference)
FT Shooting Type - Real Player %

My Controller:
Automatic Shot Contest - Intense D
Defensive Assist Strength - 100

User vs. CPU Sliders
If there is only one value listed, it applies to both User and CPU. If there are two values, they will be in User/CPU format.

Offense
Inside Shot Success - 45/46
Close Shot Success - 46/49
Mid-Range Success - 49/50
3PT Success - 47/52
Layup Success - 50/50
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 35
Dunk In Traffic Success - 47
Pass Accuracy - 50
Alley-Oop Success - 47/48
Contact Shot Success - 55

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 45
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 90
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF - 40
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE - 80
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER - 40
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE - 80
Help Defense Strength - 80
Steal Success - 51

Attributes
Quickness - 50/45
Vertical - 50/45
Strength - 50/45
Stamina - 50
Speed -50/45
Durability - 60
Hustle - 87/26
Ball Handling - 50/35
Hands - 0
Dunking Ability - 45/40
On-Ball Defense - 50/45
Stealing - 55/50
Blocking - 70/65
*for offensive awarenes, i have a theory that the total needs to stay at 100 for better CPU performance.*
Offensive Awareness - 30/70
Defensive Awareness - 70/30
*again, rebounding needs to equal 100*
Offensive Rebounding - 40/20
Defensive Rebounding - 60/80
Consistency - 25/75
Fatigue Rate - 55
Injury Frequency - 40
Injury Severity - 0

For tendencies. originally the total equals 200 as all are 50. obviously these need to be adjusted to get the cpu to take more three's and such. however, you must keep the total = to 200.

Tendencies *Only for CPU*
Take Inside Shots - 30
Take Close Shots - 30
Take Mid-Range Shots - 55
Take 3Pt Shots - 85
*NEW IMPROVEMENT FOUND FOR GAMEPLAY, PUT POST SHOTS, ATTACK BASKET AND LOOK FOR PP ALL AT 0[/color]
Post Shots - 0
Attack the Basket - 0
Look for Post Players - 0
Throw Alley-Oops - 50

*User and CPU*
Attempt Dunks - 50
Attempt Put backs - 100
Play Passing Lanes: 85
Go For On-Ball Steals: 67
Contest Shots: 75
Backdoor Cuts - 90

Fouls *borrowed from the_future420's NBA 2k13 Pro Simulation Sliders (12 min quarters)

Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
Charging Foul Frequency 100
Blocking Foul Frequency 100
Reaching Foul Frequency 81
Shooting Foul Frequency 95
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #544
Just started!

OVR: 0

First, thank for your efforts about 2K13. I am using your slider, and like it very much. But i've some problems.

I have problems about rebounding. I am in association with Bulls. I played 7 games with Bulls. My team's rebound per game statistic is avesome, 56 rebound per game. I think this is too much, how can i decrease it ?

And I have two matches, (vs. TWolves and Clippers) our total score is over 240 points. Maybe it's momentary event.

I will send caps for you soon. Thanks for your attention. Good day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »