Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #545
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
Playing with the Lakers in association mode I was using a Pro set of sliders with a few tweaks and really enjoying the game. About 45 games in though I thought the game was stagnating. Every game was the same. Get out to the same lead, cpu teams playing the same way, using all the same moves to score, etc. etc. etc. So I put the game up for a couple of weeks.

Got the urge to play and thought I'd give these sliders a try. Wow, what a difference. Between these sliders and moving up to all-star it's like a whole new game. I'm seeing animations I wasn't seeing in my previous games. The help D and hustle plays are a 100% better. I have to work to score, no more simple spin and dunk at will. FGA per team are usually in the mid 80's now instead of the high 90's I was getting with the other set. FTA are finally at realistic levels. Even had a game where I shot 34 and opponent shot 32 FTs, nice.

With regard to the FG% discussion going on.. For me I found the open 3's a bit to hard to make (my team 3pt FG% was almost dead on for the season on the other set) and inside still a bit too easy. Simple solution was I lowered inside shot success by -2 and increased 3pt shot success by +2. May still tweak this a bit more but I have been happy with the results. I will see how it goes over 15 to 20 games to verify that it did either fix the issue or if I need to make some other small adjustments.

Thanks for posting them EM. Hell of a nice base set!
I'm glad you're enjoying the set! I'm taking a look at FG% in my current testing, so thanks for pointing out some of the changes you made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusxt
First, thank for your efforts about 2K13. I am using your slider, and like it very much. But i've some problems.

I have problems about rebounding. I am in association with Bulls. I played 7 games with Bulls. My team's rebound per game statistic is avesome, 56 rebound per game. I think this is too much, how can i decrease it ?

And I have two matches, (vs. TWolves and Clippers) our total score is over 240 points. Maybe it's momentary event.

I will send caps for you soon. Thanks for your attention. Good day.
Both rebounding and scoring are heavily dependent on your playstyle. If you take shots within 10 seconds of the shot clock running, you're going to get a lot of FG attempts, misses, high scoring, and high rebound numbers. I'd have to know your other stats in order to be able to help you out a little better.

Also, I'd like to point out that I AM testing these sliders again, and I WILL be posting an update later tonight. This update will not be fine-tuned (think of it as an ALPHA release), but it will (hopefully) address the issues you all are seeing.

I'll be working on fine-tuning the sliders into the night and all the way through tomorrow, so expect a beta (or possibly a polished, full update) by sometime tomorrow. The testing is going VERY well, and I'm having some great games with the changes I've made, so hopefully you all will enjoy the update(s).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #546
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

New Update

Alright, as I promised, I put a lot of work in over the last two days to really hammer out some of the issues with my previous update. I'd really like to thank all of you who stuck with my sliders even during my near two-month hiatus!

In the new update, you can expect a MUCH more fluid and realistic experience against the AI, as players now more than ever play like their real-life counterparts. Also, there should be plenty of momentum swings in the new set as I have decreased AI consistency, increased user consistency and hustle, and increased almost all of the turnover-related sliders. Now there should be a few more passes going off-target or being deflected, there should be more on-ball steals, AND more blocks! I've also worked on the shooting and defense sliders so that FG% goes down to realistic levels and the defense now reacts as a team to whatever the offense is doing. You'll have to use a lot more ball-movement on offense in order to be consistently effective, and I think that is a VERY good thing.

Any and all feedback is encouraged, as I'll continue putting in work to fine-tune these sliders according to the issues you all report. Enjoy!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #547
Rookie

OVR: 5

Your tweaks have improved an already great set of sliders. Played three games and shot under 50% in all three. Don't think I shot under 50% more than 2 or 3 times in my previous 50 games using my old Pro sliders.

Play as Lakers and beat Pheonix by ~20, followed by a 118-113 loss to the Clippers, and then a 113-108 win over Boston in LA. Great games with great flow and many "wow, that's so realistic" moments. May be the best sliders I have ever used in a game and if not certainly right up there with some of the great sliders I've used for "The Show".

So far very happy with shots from all ranges though I'll want to get in a few more games to be sure. 3 point shooting has been streaky though that's not unusual IRL either. Seems if someone hits a couple they can take off if they have the skills. It does "feel" really good.

Rebounding feels good but is harder to comment on as the Lakers with Howard, Gasol, J. Hill, and even Jamison to an extent are rated pretty high in rebounding. I dominated the glass in the Phoenix and Boston games and was about even in the Clipper game. Again, will let my sample size grow before coming to any solid conclusions. After three games though I see no reason to make any adjustments.

Been using real player % for FT's (also do for FGs) and everyone was making too many. Setting the FT slider to 0 has been a great addition, finally seeing some misses and they do make a huge difference on both score and rebounding stats. I can't understand why the slider would work with real %'s. You would think real %'s would be just that, guess not.

Before moving to these sliders I would guess teams in my association games were averaging 15 to 18 FT's per game (me and opponent). These sliders are giving me numbers in the mid 20's where they should be and in my Boston game I shot 38. The Clipper game the Clips shot 32. No complaints here at all just happy that your FT slider cut down the make % to realistic levels to go along with getting realistic FT attempts.

Great job on these. I know next year when I get the game the first think I'll do is be searching for whatever sliders you put out.

edit: Just wanted to add something about the flow of the games with these sliders. In the Clipper game I got off to a 13-2 lead and in my experience that would normally be the end of the game. They simply wouldn't have a chance of coming back. Sure they might make a run or two and get within 5 but they would inevitably fall back and lose by double digits. With these they were able to get something going and keep it going and take it to a win.

Celtic game had a real life ebb and flow. I would lead by ~12 and then Boston would get something going and end up with a lead. I'd fight back, they'd fight back. Most games of 2k I've played over the years when one of the teams got a streak going the game was almost always over. Seems you've nailed down this problem with this slider sett too.

Last edited by Sweed; 01-24-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #548
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Wow, thanks for all the praise! I'm glad these are working out for you
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #549
Just started!

OVR: 0

Thanks four your attention. New updates effected very well for my game!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #550
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusxt
Thanks four your attention. New updates effected very well for my game!
Good to hear! Any specific feedback of whatever you like and don't like about the gameplay?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #551
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where do you go to find vannwolfhawk's playbook edits!?! I have a ps3 btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #552
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great sliders as always and the new update has made the gameplay more realistic and better!

Would you suggest using the "Association Mode" sliders listed below with your updates? Thanks

Game Speed - 55
Player Speed - 38
Attributes
Speed - 50/45
Quickness - 50/45
Injury Frequency - 40 (Any higher results in too many sim injuries)
Injury Severity - 0 (Makes it so the majority of injuries are minor)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »