Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #569
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by strom22
Update 4.0 has been way too easy for our online association so far. It's too easy to get open looks now off the dribble. Does anyone have a copy of the pre-4.0 sliders? We were having more competitive games using those.
If it's too easy to get open, simply increase On-Ball Defense by a few clicks. The pre-4.0 value was 55/50 (now it is 50/46), so give that a try.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 AM   #570
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
If it's too easy to get open, simply increase On-Ball Defense by a few clicks. The pre-4.0 value was 55/50 (now it is 50/46), so give that a try.
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks, we'll give it a shot.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #571
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Coach Profiles (For all Teams)
Run Plays (When using a roster without Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks) - 0
Run Plays (When using a roster with Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks) - Default
Fastbreak - Default (The patch has seemed to eliminate the fastbreak issue, so I suggest leaving this at your roster's default value)

What if you have a roster with Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks but you don't have the patch? (I am PC) What should fastbreak settings be? I am using Slimm44's roster for PC. Are these sliders just for those with the patch? (PS3 and XBOX) Can someone please recommend me a slider for a roster with Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks but pre-patch? I was going to use Slimm44's slider for the roster but it seems he is not sure which slider to recommend for his roster as he haven't played for 1 month.

Last edited by free24ride1; 01-31-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #572
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
What if you have a roster with Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks but you don't have the patch? (I am PC) What should fastbreak settings be? I am using Slimm44's roster for PC. Are these sliders just for those with the patch? (PS3 and XBOX) Can someone please recommend me a slider for a roster with Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks but pre-patch? I was going to use Slimm44's slider for the roster but it seems he is not sure which slider to recommend for his roster as he haven't played for 1 month.
At the bottom of his roster thread (HERE) he lists a few of the slider changes he used. Give those a try and see if they work.

As I don't know how extensive his edits are, I'm not sure if my sliders would work for his roster. As for Coach Profile edits, I would have to know if the fast break issues are still present in his roster update (and any custom PC patches you may be using). If the AI runs a realistic fastbreak (by that I mean, they don't always force up a shot on the FB regardless of if the defense is set or not), then I would stick with the settings you have. But, if the AI does constantly force up contested shots on the fast break, then use these settings:

Quote:
Fast Break - Make the following changes to all teams. Format will be (Default / New), so when a team's default value is within the range shown on the left, change that value to the one on the right. These changes should greatly improve the realism of the AI fast-break:
75-100 / 30
50-74 / 25
25-49 / 20
Less than 25 / 15
I hope this helps!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 02-01-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #573
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

So I finally went out and bought NBA 2k13 for PC. Needless to say, I will now be creating a PC slider set (most likely to be used with the Ultimate Base Roster).

Just thought I would point this out if anyone is interested. And not to worry, I will still be updating the console sliders as well!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #574
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can you help I can't get around any defenders with all the moves I do nothing works drose can't get by billups he just gets stuck and I can't drive to the basket
Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #575
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezSteez
Can you help I can't get around any defenders with all the moves I do nothing works drose can't get by billups he just gets stuck and I can't drive to the basket
The easiest way to get around a defender is to keep it simple. Do a size-up/hesitation move to see where the defender shifts. If you can react fast enough, immediately sprint in the opposite direction of the defender's shift (if the defender shifted to the side you're holding the ball, crossover to the opposite side when you sprint. If the defender shifted to the opposite side of where you're holding the ball, simply burst out of the size-up/hesitation without doing a crossover or any other iso moves).

You can also try doing a size-up move, and then immediately follow it with a right-left or left-right crossover to see if you can trick the defender. Basically, it's all trial and error unless the defender over-commits in one direction and/or you have very good reflexes and timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #576
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

PC Sliders Added to OP

I have updated the OP to now include two separate sets of sliders; an Xbox 360/PS3 version (previously the only version available), and the new PC version (URB specific). These sets are very similar, mostly for the fact that the URB roster for PC seems to have cleared up most of the issues that the latest console patch solved.

Console users, you should expect an update by sometime tomorrow. However, if you're inpatient and want to get a sneak-preview of what the newest update will (most likely) look like, try out the PC sliders (excluding the Fouls section. Leave your Foul sliders as they are).

Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »