Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #601
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Thanks man. Hopefully my update won't disappoint
not played as much as i wanted due to my eyes being tired (it 1240am here) ....but the time i did play......man user timing is getting hard to get used to although just popped a sweet 3 with jamal crawford very nice....getting murdered by the celtics at min my turnovers are shocking need to concentrate more...i really need to work on my D too ...any tips ??? PIP seems to be an issue but i'm thinking the celtics are just taking advantage of my tired eyes are poor concentration lol...but i do need to up my D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #602
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
not played as much as i wanted due to my eyes being tired (it 1240am here) ....but the time i did play......man user timing is getting hard to get used to although just popped a sweet 3 with jamal crawford very nice....getting murdered by the celtics at min my turnovers are shocking need to concentrate more...i really need to work on my D too ...any tips ??? PIP seems to be an issue but i'm thinking the celtics are just taking advantage of my tired eyes are poor concentration lol...but i do need to up my D
Yea, with my sliders the CPU will take advantage of you if you're tired!

On defense, I like to stick to the mindset of "Less is More". Don't sprint too often, don't be hammering the steal/block buttons, don't over-pursue the ball-handler. Just try to stick to small, accurate movements, and if you're feeling lucky you can try to anticipate the offense's next move; steal passes, swipe the ball away from the ball-handler if he's getting lazy, hold LT + RT and cut off the open lane to the basket, etc.

Just try to keep it simple, and only do the above moves if the opportunity presents itself. And most importantly, ALWAYS hold the R-stick in the direction of the ball-handler when he goes to shoot.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #603
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

NEW UPDATE! (PC Slider Set)

I just posted a minor update to the PC sliders. There should now be fewer points in the paint, more fouls, and slightly lower FG% for both the USER and CPU.

Enjoy!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #604
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just curious about the tendecies that you're running with. If you increase tendencies too much do you find that the CPU is just jacking
Shots all game? I mean if you lower all tendecies would you find that teams are putting up less shots all together but still playing the style you want?

I had a good set of sliders but I felt like after one of the patches that they werent playing how they should, all they did is shoot from the pain and aggressively attack the pain while giving up open shots in the process, it drove me crazy. I ended up trying to edit some sliders to get some better results but I'm still struggling to find a set that I am happy with.....will be playing some
Games with your's when I get some days off work and see how they go...

Thanks for posting these sliders man
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #605
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmio1990
Just curious about the tendecies that you're running with. If you increase tendencies too much do you find that the CPU is just jacking
Shots all game? I mean if you lower all tendecies would you find that teams are putting up less shots all together but still playing the style you want?

I had a good set of sliders but I felt like after one of the patches that they werent playing how they should, all they did is shoot from the pain and aggressively attack the pain while giving up open shots in the process, it drove me crazy. I ended up trying to edit some sliders to get some better results but I'm still struggling to find a set that I am happy with.....will be playing some
Games with your's when I get some days off work and see how they go...

Thanks for posting these sliders man
Yes.

Basically, how the Tendencies work (in my experience) is that they not only dictate which players and which spots on the floor get utilized more often, but they also control how willing the CPU is to throw up bad shots.

For example, with the mid-range tendencies set to 100, the CPU would pull up for mid-range jumpers (with pretty much any player) early into the shot clock unless it was almost 100% certain that the defender could block/alter the shot. With the mid-range tendency at or around 40, the CPU will still pull up for mid-range jumpers, but it will only do so if it has a good look at the basket and/or a player with a high tendency to take mid-range, pull-up jumpers.

The higher the tendencies are, the less picky the CPU will be about the shots they take. The lower the tendencies are, the more the CPU will work the ball around and try to setup a good look at the basket, as well as the more space it will take to give a shooter before he puts up a shot.

So, in essence, high tendencies lead to more shot attempts, lower field goal percentages, a more spastic/less smooth offense by the CPU, and an overall terrible gaming experience. If you saw my previous tendencies, you would notice that I basically maintained the same ratios between each shot type, but I just universally lowered all values so that the CPU would put up fewer shots and would run a more realistic offense.

Hopefully this clears things up for you (and I'm sorry for being long-winded, I just can't help it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #606
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi Eccentric Meat, i agree with you for a lot of sliders values, me too use in my gameplay some values. I think your sliders are the best for pc on OS. I'm curious about 2 sliders values: hands, and backdoor cut tendence. For hands, i think is better put values <40 for user and <35 for cpu; why you use these high values? Tell me your experience. For backdoor tendencies, you set 5. On nba2k12 i was great results with 95, the movements without ball are better. On nba2k13 i don't see same results with 95. With this low value (5), have you better experience? ciao! :-)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #607
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albys
Hi Eccentric Meat, i agree with you for a lot of sliders values, me too use in my gameplay some values. I think your sliders are the best for pc on OS. I'm curious about 2 sliders values: hands, and backdoor cut tendence. For hands, i think is better put values <40 for user and <35 for cpu; why you use these high values? Tell me your experience. For backdoor tendencies, you set 5. On nba2k12 i was great results with 95, the movements without ball are better. On nba2k13 i don't see same results with 95. With this low value (5), have you better experience? ciao! :-)
I set Hands to a higher value because it increases the amount of turnovers. If you make a bad pass into traffic, chances are that the ball will be either deflected or intercepted. At lower values, you can make bad passes into traffic and not really have to worry about the ball being affected by the defense, leading to easy scores and higher points in the paint.

For the Backdoor Cuts tendency, I set it to 5 because the CPU players seem overly aware and capable of making backdoor cuts, while your AI teammates seem completely incapable of effectively defending them. By lowering the value to 5, the CPU goes for fewer backdoor cuts (while still making you pay if you leave an open lane for a slasher), the horrible AI of your teammates isn't constantly exposed, and the CPU has a more diverse attack on offense.

I know 5 seems like a very low value, but you will still see PLENTY of CPU baskets being scored on you by backdoor cuts.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #608
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have a question about association mode; you changed the speed and quickness attributes for asso mode? why?

and new update made game difficult for me. my first scoring option is layups of drose and austin rivers. i can say this new changes effected very well (:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »