Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #609
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

eccentric....what rosters do you use ???

i'm finding the cpu aint throwing up enough 3's ?? anyone else find that or just me ?? maybe its my rosters and coach setting not sure ....am using os simm rosters
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #610
MVP

also i just can't stop john wall lol....he justs keeps smoking me and driving to the basket and laying up....
Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #611
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

NEW UPDATE! (Both Slider Sets)

Both of my slider sets have received a minor, fine-tuning update. There are no drastic changes, but rather a few minor tweaks to fix a few of the small problems I have been seeing.

Any feedback is encouraged! Oh, and it won't hurt my feelings if you "Like" the OP and rate my sliders 5 stars if you have been enjoying them

EDIT: Fixed a few typos on the PC sliders (Vertical, On-Ball Defense, Association Quickness and Speed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusxt
I have a question about association mode; you changed the speed and quickness attributes for asso mode? why?

and new update made game difficult for me. my first scoring option is layups of drose and austin rivers. i can say this new changes effected very well (:
The speed/quickness is different in Association mode because in that mode you can change the "Player Speed" setting in the Pre-Game menu (where you select your jersey). This setting does a better job of editing speed and quickness than the sliders do, so I prefer to use that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
eccentric....what rosters do you use ???

i'm finding the cpu aint throwing up enough 3's ?? anyone else find that or just me ?? maybe its my rosters and coach setting not sure ....am using os simm rosters

Quote:
also i just can't stop john wall lol....he justs keeps smoking me and driving to the basket and laying up....
Are you on PC? If so, I use the URB v5 roster (linked at the top of the PC slider set). I'm getting plenty of 3PT attempts, so my guess would be that your roster is too blame. If you want to stick with your current roster, try increasing the CPU's Take 3PT Shots tendency to 67 and see if that helps.

To stop guys like Wall from getting in to the paint, just try not to overreact to any of their moves, and don't over-pursue in any direction. If you feel like Wall is about to drive on you, try to back off a little bit while still staying between him and the basket. You can also try holding LT+RT, and then the L-stick and R-stick towards Wall. This should create contact almost 100% of the time (if timed/aimed correctly) and will stop his progress towards the paint.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 02-06-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #612
Pro

OVR: 5

Love the sliders, but one question. Does anyone else see the CPU plays mostly in the post and usually tends to leave shooters from outside? Using this for a league and it seems to be this way for every team we play. If so what slider do you need to change to adjust this...contested shots?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #613
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Are you on PC? If so, I use the URB v5 roster (linked at the top of the PC slider set). I'm getting plenty of 3PT attempts, so my guess would be that your roster is too blame. If you want to stick with your current roster, try increasing the CPU's Take 3PT Shots tendency to 67 and see if that helps.

To stop guys like Wall from getting in to the paint, just try not to overreact to any of their moves, and don't over-pursue in any direction. If you feel like Wall is about to drive on you, try to back off a little bit while still staying between him and the basket. You can also try holding LT+RT, and then the L-stick and R-stick towards Wall. This should create contact almost 100% of the time (if timed/aimed correctly) and will stop his progress towards the paint.
i'm xbox and using OS SIMM rosters mate
Old 02-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #614
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Love the sliders, but one question. Does anyone else see the CPU plays mostly in the post and usually tends to leave shooters from outside? Using this for a league and it seems to be this way for every team we play. If so what slider do you need to change to adjust this...contested shots?
Hmm.. With the roster I'm using on Xbox (True2theGame) and PC (URB v5), I'm only seeing teams like the Lakers, Grizzlies, and Jazz run their offense primarily through the post. Are you in an Online Association? Unfortunately I have no experience with sliders for that mode, so I'm not sure what differences there might be.

Try lowering "Look for Post Players" to 90, that should make the teams use the post less often.

Quote:
i'm xbox and using OS SIMM rosters mate
Ah alright. I'm using the True2theGame rosters (it's a little outdated, but it's the only non-overhaul roster I've found on Xbox). The SIMM rosters overhaul most of the ratings/tendencies, right? My sliders won't really work with any roster that does that, unfortunately.

If the only problem you're seeing is the lack of 3's from the CPU, just increase the 3PT Shot tendency to 63. If you're still not getting the results you want, go up to 65. Hopefully that will solve your problem.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #615
Rookie

OVR: 0

Eccentric,

I like your sliders a lot. I've been using them for this Association mode that I'm currently playing with the Sac Kings. However, the turnover rate is ridiculous at times. I just got finished with a game against the Hawks and had 28 turnovers to their 8. WAY too frequently:

A) I try to pass the ball down low to my post men and it gets deflected and the ball is turned over

B) I try and do a post move with DeMarcus Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Jason Thompson and the ball gets poked away by the defending post player as I face up and they poke it out or poke it and it bounces off my players leg

C) I am in the post with the guys mentioned above and the point guard helps out faster than I can even react and pokes it out and I lose the ball

D) The EASIEST passes in the world get thrown away. I could pass the ball 10 feet on an inbound or just a nice easy transition pass. The computer deflects them somehow or my guys just throw it out of bounds. I'm not talking about passes that would be iffy in real life. I'm talking passes that in real life ALWAYS get made

What do you suggest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #616
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochocincorice
Eccentric,

I like your sliders a lot. I've been using them for this Association mode that I'm currently playing with the Sac Kings. However, the turnover rate is ridiculous at times. I just got finished with a game against the Hawks and had 28 turnovers to their 8. WAY too frequently:

A) I try to pass the ball down low to my post men and it gets deflected and the ball is turned over

B) I try and do a post move with DeMarcus Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Jason Thompson and the ball gets poked away by the defending post player as I face up and they poke it out or poke it and it bounces off my players leg

C) I am in the post with the guys mentioned above and the point guard helps out faster than I can even react and pokes it out and I lose the ball

D) The EASIEST passes in the world get thrown away. I could pass the ball 10 feet on an inbound or just a nice easy transition pass. The computer deflects them somehow or my guys just throw it out of bounds. I'm not talking about passes that would be iffy in real life. I'm talking passes that in real life ALWAYS get made

What do you suggest?
Wow, 28 turnovers? That's a high number. I usually average about 10-15 turnovers for both myself and the CPU, and I'm not seeing the same issues you brought up. What system are you on? And also, which roster?

The easy answer is this: if your passes are too inaccurate, raise your pass accuracy by 1. If you are getting the ball stripped away too often, decrease the CPU Steal Success slider by 1 and/or increase USER Ball Handling by 1 (recommended). If the CPU is batting away too many passes, decrease CPU Hands by 1 and/or decrease the CPU Play Passing Lanes tendency by 1 (recommended).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »