Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #625
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
Been following all of the updates on the ps3 and these are getting better and better. The only problem I have had is games being a bit too high scoring and yeah, that's due to my playing style, not the sliders.

As an experiment I raised game speed by +5 to 60 and lowered player speed by -5 to 33. Result was a 103-96 win with both teams ending in low 80's in FGA. Not suggesting the speed needs to be changed in the default set. Just pointing out that small changes, with personal tweaks tailored to one's style of play, to this awesome set of sliders can result in an even better game.

I normally play one season per version of 2k. I usually start burning out when I get to about game 60 and it becomes a grind to keep on and get to the playoffs. With these sliders I have played 70 games and am still looking forward to each one of them.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the sliders!

Yeah, most people don't realize that they're allowed AND ENCOURAGED to make small tweaks to the base sliders in order to tailor it to their playstyle. Or that if they run an up-tempo style all game they're not going to get "realistic" FGA or PPG (even though the stats they get ARE realistic for their playstyle ).

When I play, I have a lot of quarters where both the CPU and I score under 20 points, but have a FG% of around 45% or higher. But then there are also quarters where we both score over 20 points but have FG%s less than 45. Variety is a good thing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #626
Pro

OVR: 5

I guess I should explain myself better. Yes we are doing an online association, and the sliders do work well, but the play style that we like is for us human players (or at least 3 of us), we like to work it inside first to open the outside game. Which is what you do in real life, but in the game after they start to close down on the inside game they (CPU AI) just seems to leave my shooters wide open from the outside. While I don't mind it, but one friend was 20-30 in a game from shooting from deep. He couldn't score inside but they just basically played defense from 3 feet from the 3pt and in. I been going like 8-11 from deep and I don't have the best three point shooters. That is what I am asking.

The game plays very well online as well, just seems the CPU AI just likes to allow to leave you alone outside. That is the only thing that seems to hurt the sliders we are using in our online association. Just curious if there is a way to build up the perimeter defense for the CPU AI?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #627
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
I guess I should explain myself better. Yes we are doing an online association, and the sliders do work well, but the play style that we like is for us human players (or at least 3 of us), we like to work it inside first to open the outside game. Which is what you do in real life, but in the game after they start to close down on the inside game they (CPU AI) just seems to leave my shooters wide open from the outside. While I don't mind it, but one friend was 20-30 in a game from shooting from deep. He couldn't score inside but they just basically played defense from 3 feet from the 3pt and in. I been going like 8-11 from deep and I don't have the best three point shooters. That is what I am asking.

The game plays very well online as well, just seems the CPU AI just likes to allow to leave you alone outside. That is the only thing that seems to hurt the sliders we are using in our online association. Just curious if there is a way to build up the perimeter defense for the CPU AI?
Yes there are 2 fixes you can use. You can increase CPU On-Ball Defense a few clicks and/or increase CPU Contest Shots tendency a few clicks. The higher Contest Shots is, the more aggressively the AI will try to close out on a perimeter shooter.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #628
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone use these on pro difficulty? I'm just not skilled enough yet to play at the allstar level, I just get too frustrated. It's a complete struggle to just hang within 10 of even mediocre teams, then I just end up getting blown out. I'm 3 qtrs into my first try with them on pro, and it's my Pacers over the T-Wolves 78-48 at the end of 3. I'll see what happens against a good team...

Any advice?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #629
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalogist
Does anyone use these on pro difficulty? I'm just not skilled enough yet to play at the allstar level, I just get too frustrated. It's a complete struggle to just hang within 10 of even mediocre teams, then I just end up getting blown out. I'm 3 qtrs into my first try with them on pro, and it's my Pacers over the T-Wolves 78-48 at the end of 3. I'll see what happens against a good team...

Any advice?
The best advice is to stick with All-Star and just ride it out. You'll get better pretty quickly! Just tweak whatever you need to in order to make it a little easier for you while you adjust to the difficulty.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #630
Rookie

OVR: 1

Finally I found what I was looking here. Thx Eccentric
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalogist

Any advice?
yes they work with pro level also. thats what I use these sliders with. I still get competitive games. Im currently 4-3 with these sliders.

only thing I changes was
mid range-I dropped it to 48 for the user.

I also like my
vertical at 0 for both cpu/ai
qucikness at 0 for both cpu/ai
speed at 5.

game speed 65
plaeyr speed 35

those are all based on my preferences though.
but thses sliders are good on the pro level also. so you probably dont need to make any changes.

these sliders are pretty good ECCENTRIC for pro level also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #632
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
yes they work with pro level also. thats what I use these sliders with. I still get competitive games. Im currently 4-3 with these sliders.

only thing I changes was
mid range-I dropped it to 48 for the user.

I also like my
vertical at 0 for both cpu/ai
qucikness at 0 for both cpu/ai
speed at 5.

game speed 65
plaeyr speed 35

those are all based on my preferences though.
but thses sliders are good on the pro level also. so you probably dont need to make any changes.

these sliders are pretty good ECCENTRIC for pro level also.
Good to hear. I just don't understand those tweaks you made. Quickness and Speed that low make the game feel like you're playing in quicksand, and having 0 for Vertical will make blocks almost non-existant. Or are these not affecting you somehow?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »