Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #633
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Good to hear. I just don't understand those tweaks you made. Quickness and Speed that low make the game feel like you're playing in quicksand, and having 0 for Vertical will make blocks almost non-existant. Or are these not affecting you somehow?
no they dont effect the game play at all.

The vertical at 0 makes those with good shot blocking skills stand out more, and also creates more battles for rebounds. I like seeing players fight for rebounds, and I get more of that with vertical at 0. also with vertical 0, it eliminates some of that floaty-ness that players have when jumping.

the quickness and speed that low isn't an issue cause I have the game speed at 65 and player speed at 35.
you get more separation and its harder for slower defenders to get back. it also forces me to worry about angles on defense.

Ive been using 0 vertical and 0 quickness since NBA 2k09.

but again your sliders are on point for NBA 2k13, before your sliders I was having issues with shot attempts and high rebound numbers.
now its more balanced.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #634
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
no they dont effect the game play at all.

The vertical at 0 makes those with good shot blocking skills stand out more, and also creates more battles for rebounds. I like seeing players fight for rebounds, and I get more of that with vertical at 0. also with vertical 0, it eliminates some of that floaty-ness that players have when jumping.

the quickness and speed that low isn't an issue cause I have the game speed at 65 and player speed at 35.
you get more separation and its harder for slower defenders to get back. it also forces me to worry about angles on defense.

Ive been using 0 vertical and 0 quickness since NBA 2k09.

but again your sliders are on point for NBA 2k13, before your sliders I was having issues with shot attempts and high rebound numbers.
now its more balanced.
Hmm.. I'll have to give these tweaks a look and see what it's like!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #635
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have to say this update made me love 2k
Best stats and gameplay
It's so fun I'm crossing people over and driving to the basket with Chris Paul and I'm seeing contact animations I've never seen before and love it

This is hands down best slider set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #636
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezSteez
I have to say this update made me love 2k
Best stats and gameplay
It's so fun I'm crossing people over and driving to the basket with Chris Paul and I'm seeing contact animations I've never seen before and love it

This is hands down best slider set
Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Don't be afraid to like the OP and rate my thread 5 stars if you'd like. It seems like a lot of people enjoy the sliders but never "like" or rate them
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #637
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

MINOR UPDATE! (PC Slider Set)

In this minor update I slightly improved CPU ball-handling, increased the Attempt Putbacks tendency, and bumped up USER Shooting Fouls by 1 tick, from 98 to 99 (which should only slightly increase the amount of free throws for the CPU).

I also updated the OP to have a new "Update Key" so that it is easier to tell what is a MAJOR update and what is a MINOR update. Now, when I make a minor update, you won't have to sift through all of the bolded values to differentiate the values changed in the last MAJOR update and those made in the new MINOR update.

Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #638
Rookie

OVR: 0

Eccentric: WONDERFULL sliders!!! Congratssssss the best nba 2k ive ever played only cause your sliders. Only one thing, in association offline i simulated a hole season and team stats re wrong (12 min simulated, with assoc. Sliders): ppg, %fg, %3p, def rebounds, too high... total team fouls too low. What can i do? Stats of my team, perfect... Te top team and the worst team in each stat i mean... Thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #639
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aezub
Eccentric: WONDERFULL sliders!!! Congratssssss the best nba 2k ive ever played only cause your sliders. Only one thing, in association offline i simulated a hole season and team stats re wrong (12 min simulated, with assoc. Sliders): ppg, %fg, %3p, def rebounds, too high... total team fouls too low. What can i do? Stats of my team, perfect... Te top team and the worst team in each stat i mean... Thanks!
I'm not sure. Sliders don't affect sim stats, so it must be a roster issue.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #640
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

MAJOR UPDATE! (PC Slider Set)

This update focused on improving the CPU's defensive reaction to the Pick n' Roll and toning down the amount of turnovers caused by going for steals during contact animations. The update also focused on fine-tuning Points in the Paint and decreasing the amount of dunks in traffic, one of the last nagging problems with 2k13. Now, while you will still be able to get past a poor defender and get to the rim, the CPU will react better and have more of an affect on the shot/layup/dunk.

And finally, there was a minor update to the Association sliders as I decreased Player Speed from 38 to 35. This value, coupled with Game Speed at 55, seems to give the absolute best blend of realistic player speed, ball speed, and animation fluidity.

As always, rate/like/comment to let me know how these edits work for you. Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »