Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #721
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Eccentric ,

I've playing this with my brother with your sliders ( PC Version) . It seems fine but i think that teams like Lakers and Spurs have too many points in the paint (+60 per game). Any advices to this?

And btw , any advices changes for hum vs hum ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #722
Rookie

Been playing a few associations (as the Bulls) with these sliders and Rondo's rosters. Pretty much every game I win by double-digits (often 20/30+). In my current association I'm 43-2 and the 2 I lost were simmed.

Almost every uncontested shot goes in (no matter who's shooting) and most contested shots miss (no matter who's shooting). The AI often just steps back, repeatedly, to the 3-point line and then pops the shot (because the defending AI can't deal with the step-back). If you're playing a team with a lot of 3-point shooters (like NY) it becomes a joke. They'll shoot like 60% 3P%. No matter what defensive setting you have the AI leaves shooters open. These are the only games that are close.

There are also a LOT of unforced errors. Players throwing the ball 2ft above the head of another player who is 2 metres away, undefended, awaiting (maybe even asking for) the ball.

They're fun sliders. Much more fun than the default but not particularly competitive.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #723
MVP

OVR: 23

I like the way these look but I haven't played with them yet... I'm nervous about putting dropping player quickness down to 37/31... I'm feel like that will make my players feel sluggish, because, even at the default levals I play at now, there are many times where my guys feel sluggish...

psn - CeeGee
Old 04-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #724
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I haven't played this game in a few months, but I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel307
Eccentric ,

I've playing this with my brother with your sliders ( PC Version) . It seems fine but i think that teams like Lakers and Spurs have too many points in the paint (+60 per game). Any advices to this?

And btw , any advices changes for hum vs hum ?
It depends on how they're scoring in the paint. Is it from the post-players shooting it too often in the post? Or is it from the AI driving to the basket too often? If it's the post players getting too many shots, just lower the post shots tendency by a few clicks (try decreasing by 2, play a game or two, and adjust from there). If it's from the AI driving too often, do the same thing as above except to the "Attack the Basket" tendency.

I have absolutely no idea what to do for HUM vs. HUM sliders, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingyouguy
Been playing a few associations (as the Bulls) with these sliders and Rondo's rosters. Pretty much every game I win by double-digits (often 20/30+). In my current association I'm 43-2 and the 2 I lost were simmed.

Almost every uncontested shot goes in (no matter who's shooting) and most contested shots miss (no matter who's shooting). The AI often just steps back, repeatedly, to the 3-point line and then pops the shot (because the defending AI can't deal with the step-back). If you're playing a team with a lot of 3-point shooters (like NY) it becomes a joke. They'll shoot like 60% 3P%. No matter what defensive setting you have the AI leaves shooters open. These are the only games that are close.

There are also a LOT of unforced errors. Players throwing the ball 2ft above the head of another player who is 2 metres away, undefended, awaiting (maybe even asking for) the ball.

They're fun sliders. Much more fun than the default but not particularly competitive.
If too many open shots are going in, decrease the shooting sliders for whatever ranges need adjusting. Start off by decreasing the necessary sliders by 2, test a game or two, and go from there. For contested shots not going in, decrease the Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) by 10 (to account for the decreased shooting sliders), and adjust from there as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I like the way these look but I haven't played with them yet... I'm nervous about putting dropping player quickness down to 37/31... I'm feel like that will make my players feel sluggish, because, even at the default levals I play at now, there are many times where my guys feel sluggish...
Whoa, in my opinion the default speed/quickness of the game makes players move FAR too quickly, so if the default is sluggish to you, you will definitely not want to decrease the speed/quickness sliders.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #725
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
Eccentric, do you have any suggestion what to change if i use them for superstar?
Hmm.. Well I would probably look at all the Attributes that the User has a +3/4/or 5 advantage on the CPU and decrease those Attributes for the CPU by 1 click. Then play a game and see how you like the shooting. In areas that need to shoot a higher percentage, increase the corresponding Shooting slider by 1 for whoever needs it (the User or CPU, or both). If they are missing WAY too many shots at a certain distance, increase that Shooting slider by 2 or even 3 until you find what you like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #726
Just started!

Check out my sliders :)

Both CPU and Player should have the same setting

Difficulty: Allstar
Game Style: Custom
Game Speed: 55-(58) This should increase speed for plays and fast breaks
player speed: 45-(50) Lower if players seem to be still too fast
Fatigue, Injuries: On
Clutch Factor: On
Shooting Type: Shot Stick-preference*
FT Shooting Type: Real Player %
Free Throw Difficulty: 100

Offense *** ()= recommended
Inside Shot Success 48-(49) (No NBA player should be missing these shots if they are wide open)
Close Shot Success (48)-49 (A little harder but should be pretty easy if wide open)
Mid-Range Success 49-(50) (Most NBA players are more comfortable shooting at this range because it has the most space to find an open look)
3PT Success 48-(49) (3PT is most essential for killer outside shooters, open threes should be close to automatic)
Layup Success 50
Dunk in Traffic Frequency 35-(40) (Should be lower than default because most players don't drive in for a dunk when there are defenders)
Dunk in Traffic Success 45-(50) (This is a slider set for when you do dunk with defenders the success is determined by how good of a dunker your player is)
Pass Accuracy 49-(50) (default recommended because no NBA player should be throwing ridiculous passes, but time to time the occasional full court pass.
Alley-Oop Success 48 (Lebron, Blake, and JR should be able to make those alley oops, but smaller players shouldn't be capable of making any alley oop)
Contact Shot Success 35-(40) (Rarely but occasionally made shots)

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency 97 (Makes drives more realistic with the least amount of bump)
Inside Contact Shot Frequency 97 (Inside game play is dramatically changed with more body'ing up)
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF 65 (Improves defense for layups in motion)
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE 55 (Improves defense for layups released)
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER 60 (Improves defense for shot in motion)
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE 50 (Ball is released so it shouldn't be affected much)
Help Defense Strength 65 (Good enough help D but not to the point of always double teaming and leaving wide open shooters)
Steal Success 50

Attributes
Quickness (40)-45 (Gives quicker players a much more controlled and yet advantage over slower defenders)
Vertical (40)-45 (Allows bigger defenders to get above smaller defenders)
Strength 60 (Allows more quicker motion for backing down defenders)
Stamina 50
Speed 35-(40) (Realistic movements with Game speed increased without the "Cheesing")
Durability 50
Hustle 60 (Allows a bit more fluid motion for quicker reactions on loose balls)
Ball Handling 50
Hands 45 (Less crazy passes to defended players and long passes being caught with ease)
Dunking Ability 35 (Differentiates the good dunkers from average)
On-Ball Defense 60 (More body defense + more correct foul calls + blocks)
Stealing 50
Blocking 45 (Blocking isn't as frequent in the NBA especially from most PG and bigger players have higher tendencies of blocking. Smaller players have higher chance to either miss the block or foul)

Offensive Awareness 65 (Increases Offense to give awareness to players with good ball IQ)
Defensive Awareness 85 (Increases Defense to defensive players)
Offensive Rebounding 30 (Less players will be jumping up uselessly to get a rebound that is unable to be reached)
Defensive Rebounding (40)-45 (Defensive rebounding needs to be a little bit higher than offensive because the defense should be more ready to get under the ball and position themselves.)
Consistency 99-Player 99-CPU (this is because a good shooter should consistently shoot the ball consistently except when a defender throws them off.. I put 99 because 100 felt too cheat-status)
Fatigue Rate 50-(57) (57 for more realism, 50 for more playtime for your favorite stars)
Injury Frequency (25)-30 (less injuries when not in-game)
Injury Severity 5-(10) (severity should be at low)

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots 45
Take Close Shots 40
Take Mid-Range Shots 50
Take 3Pt Shots 45
Post Shots 47
Attack the Basket 20
Look for Post Players 60
Throw Alley-Oops 30
Attempt Dunks 45
Attempt Putbacks (75)-80
Play Passing Lanes 35
Go for On-Ball Steals 25
Contest Shots 70
Backdoor Cuts 50

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency 70
Charging Foul Frequency 70
Blocking Foul Frequency 70
Reaching Foul Frequency 70
Shooting Foul Frequency 70
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 70
Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #727
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Well the NBA Playoffs are in full-swing, and next week is the last week of this college semester. I'm getting an itch to get back into playing this game, and when it comes to sports games, by "play" I mean "test the sliders until I hate the game".

So, after next Thursday I will most likely get back to working on my sliders. I can't give any guarantees, but I would say that the chances of me coming back are about 90 to 95%. The main things I will be looking to fix are defensive reactions, bumping, increasing the amount of "team defense", and fine-tuning the offensive tendencies.

Sorry I've been gone so long guys!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #728
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Well the NBA Playoffs are in full-swing, and next week is the last week of this college semester. I'm getting an itch to get back into playing this game, and when it comes to sports games, by "play" I mean "test the sliders until I hate the game".

So, after next Thursday I will most likely get back to working on my sliders. I can't give any guarantees, but I would say that the chances of me coming back are about 90 to 95%. The main things I will be looking to fix are defensive reactions, bumping, increasing the amount of "team defense", and fine-tuning the offensive tendencies.

Sorry I've been gone so long guys!

Thank you Jesus

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »