Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #729
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I'm using your slider 2 months up to now and I'm satisfied with your slider. I think this is
The best nba 2k13 slider. I used different slider on this site but your slider is close to realistic stats. I raise my difficulty to SUPERSTAR and for me this is more realistic and challenging compare to all-star difficulty.

Difficulty-superstar,9 mins qtr
Free throw-80% shot timing
3pt- cpu= -1
Offensive reb- human= -10, cpu= -15 ( to balance off reb)
Passing- human= -3 or -5 ( to balance my fastbreak points)

Just tyr to increase the difficulty to superstar if u want to challenge yourself just try depend all the shot of cpu and make some plays like postup, iso,pick etc.The best slider so far ,I recomended this slider to all and 2k staff needs to copy this slider on NBA 2k14

Btw I' m a 2k slider fan since nba 2k9
Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #730
MVP

OVR: 1
Looking forward to your return EccentricMeat.

Wondering if you had some advice about adjusting the sliders so that the CPU plays tighter and closes out against shooters. I play as the Warriors and it seems like the CPU just gives way too much space and I can chuck one up with Curry on ball almost at will. I know that's pretty much how plays but I can be way too successful without much effort rather than getting shots in the flow of the game.

I tried increasing on-ball defense to 60 and defensive awareness to 80, which helps, but now I see the CPU warp to recover and contest jump shots.

Also, on ball D at 60 seems to make driving much harder. It's odd that one slider controls both when they really should be separate, and wanting the CPU to contest shots better with tighter defense shouldn't also take away the drive, especially when in real life you allow one to take away the other. Not sure how my defensive awareness settings play into this.

Is there a way to get the CPU to play smarter, stay home on shooters, contest better, but not be boosted artificially with warping defense and yet allow for free flowing dribble penetration?

Last edited by Sundown; 05-13-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #731
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Looking forward to your return EccentricMeat.

Wondering if you had some advice about adjusting the sliders so that the CPU plays tighter and closes out against shooters. I play as the Warriors and it seems like the CPU just gives way too much space and I can chuck one up with Curry on ball almost at will. I know that's pretty much how plays but I can be way too successful without much effort rather than getting shots in the flow of the game.

I tried increasing on-ball defense to 60 and defensive awareness to 80, which helps, but now I see the CPU warp to recover and contest jump shots.

Also, on ball D at 60 seems to make driving much harder. It's odd that one slider controls both when they really should be separate, and wanting the CPU to contest shots better with tighter defense shouldn't also take away the drive, especially when in real life you allow one to take away the other. Not sure how my defensive awareness settings play into this.

Is there a way to get the CPU to play smarter, stay home on shooters, contest better, but not be boosted artificially with warping defense and yet allow for free flowing dribble penetration?
This is actually exactly what I'm going to be working on when I get back to testing. I'm going to take my time on most of the updates, because I think my current sliders have fixed all of the "little things", and the only thing left to do is chip away at some of the more important issues.

For the time being, I would just try decreasing On Ball D from 60 to the low or mid 50s and see how that works for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #732
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey guys, love the sliders so far. I am using the 2k default roster, but I'd like to take the time and input vannwolfhawk's play books. Everything I've heard says that they make a huge difference. Quick question though, if I'm doing a fantasy draft association, would they make a difference? Or are they tailored to specific teams built the way they are now?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #733
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubachani
Hey guys, love the sliders so far. I am using the 2k default roster, but I'd like to take the time and input vannwolfhawk's play books. Everything I've heard says that they make a huge difference. Quick question though, if I'm doing a fantasy draft association, would they make a difference? Or are they tailored to specific teams built the way they are now?
They are tailored to TEAMS, so you would be fine. The players all have their own designated play types, so they will fit in well enough regardless of which team they're on.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #734
Rookie

I use these sliders wich are great for me but I got one big problem. And1 are very rare. Wich slider I must edit to get more And1?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #735
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexo1000
I use these sliders wich are great for me but I got one big problem. And1 are very rare. Wich slider I must edit to get more And1?
That depends. Are you getting fouled and missing the layup/jumpshot? Or are you making the layup/jumpshot but not getting a foul called when you think you should be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #736
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That depends. Are you getting fouled and missing the layup/jumpshot? Or are you making the layup/jumpshot but not getting a foul called when you think you should be?
No the problem is when a shot foul is called, the player missed his shot. So it's very rare to get 2+1, only 0+2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »