Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #761
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I kinda disagree I think it should be between the OS collab swagged out roster (best on this site IMO) and PJT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
You don't have the collab roster listed as an option? It is by far the most popular. 300+ pages of coments.
I know that the Collab roster is the most popular, but I think it simply changes too much and requires a VERY specific slider set. I'm aiming to make a slider set that is focused around one roster, but is compatible (i.e. will work perfectly with minor tweaks) with other rosters. If I went with the OS Collab roster, I would have to completely re-do all of the sliders, and my final slider set would only be compatible with that one roster.

Just looking at Paul Pierce's slider set for the OS Collab roster, I see WAY too many 0s and 100s, which means that most (if not all) other rosters would not play well with those sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip00
i have an important question: does the game option (game speed, player speed in ***) influnce the CPU vs CPU game? becsaue i scoring about 90-100 but in other games the score about 90-120 and often 110-120?
I'm not sure, actually. I never watched a CPU vs. CPU game in Association. Or are you talking about the SIMULATED games in Association? If you're talking about simulated games, I've never heard that Game and Player Speed have any effect on them. I think that only the player attributes/tendencies and Coach Profiles have an effect on simulated games; Sliders do not have any effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #762
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I know that the Collab roster is the most popular, but I think it simply changes too much and requires a VERY specific slider set. I'm aiming to make a slider set that is focused around one roster, but is compatible (i.e. will work perfectly with minor tweaks) with other rosters. If I went with the OS Collab roster, I would have to completely re-do all of the sliders, and my final slider set would only be compatible with that one roster.

Just looking at Paul Pierce's slider set for the OS Collab roster, I see WAY too many 0s and 100s, which means that most (if not all) other rosters would not play well with those sliders.

I'm not sure, actually. I never watched a CPU vs. CPU game in Association. Or are you talking about the SIMULATED games in Association? If you're talking about simulated games, I've never heard that Game and Player Speed have any effect on them. I think that only the player attributes/tendencies and Coach Profiles have an effect on simulated games; Sliders do not have any effect.

Coach profiles effect sim? I thought they were just for gameplay and Total Sim Control was pretty much the coach profiles for sim?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #763
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Coach profiles effect sim? I thought they were just for gameplay and Total Sim Control was pretty much the coach profiles for sim?
From what I've read, yes the Coach Profiles effect simulated games.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #764
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:

maybe you could still do one for PP´s roster and just let your "old" sliders on your first post so people can see and use them for other rosters...and they also match perfectly with bedwardsroy´s roster, so ps3 users can still use them.
that would be my suggestion
Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #765
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
maybe you could still do one for PP´s roster and just let your "old" sliders on your first post so people can see and use them for other rosters...and they also match perfectly with bedwardsroy´s roster, so ps3 users can still use them.
that would be my suggestion
That's true, but right now I'm not a huge fan of the OS Sim Collab rosters. I've been using them for the last few days, and I just don't get any challenge out of them. I used the sliders posted on the roster's main page as a base, and it just seems WAY too easy for me to win. And seeing as I haven't played this game in over three months, I should NOT be winning the way I have been.

PP has On Ball Defense, Contest Shots, Play Passing Lanes, and Defensive Awareness all at 100 for both the User and CPU, but still the CPU defense is easy to beat on Superstar. I'll keep tweaking and see if I can make the CPU more competitive, but the fact that I'm constantly winning by 20+ points against teams like the Pacers doesn't make me feel too confident.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #766
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
That's true, but right now I'm not a huge fan of the OS Sim Collab rosters. I've been using them for the last few days, and I just don't get any challenge out of them. I used the sliders posted on the roster's main page as a base, and it just seems WAY too easy for me to win. And seeing as I haven't played this game in over three months, I should NOT be winning the way I have been.

PP has On Ball Defense, Contest Shots, Play Passing Lanes, and Defensive Awareness all at 100 for both the User and CPU, but still the CPU defense is easy to beat on Superstar. I'll keep tweaking and see if I can make the CPU more competitive, but the fact that I'm constantly winning by 20+ points against teams like the Pacers doesn't make me feel too confident.
Hm cant understand why... For me most sliders are too easy but his roster plus his sliders makes the game hard for me..
For now ive just played against the heat with the pacers and it seemed like i cant make a normal play because they were stealing everythiiiing!
Maybe u should try that out, play against the heat with for example the pacers and with the current playoff rotations
Old 05-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #767
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0
Hey eccentric do u have a rough eta on when you'll have an updated slide set? Pjt's roster is almost association ready so I plan on using your slider with his roster.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #768
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezsmilez
Hey eccentric do u have a rough eta on when you'll have an updated slide set? Pjt's roster is almost association ready so I plan on using your slider with his roster.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
For PJTs roster, I'm waiting on his update before I get to work. For the time being, I'm testing out the "Swagged Out" roster right now and seeing if I like it or not. Everyone else seems to love it, but for me the CPU is far too easy to beat.

If I can figure out how to increase the CPU's difficulty while maintaining realism, I will start working on an in-depth slider set. I have to work the next few days so I won't have too much free time, but I'll see what I can do.

ETA on Swagged Out sliders: Monday at the earliest, but most likely it will be a few days later.
ETA on PJT sliders: A few days after his next update. Most likely a day or two after the Swagged Out sliders, unless PJT's update takes longer than I expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »