Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
I would assume the boost would still be there, as the ratings get changed on the back end with the diff. change. I will test this theory out though sometime today and report back.
cool man. i'm so lazy... by the time i got around to doing it the pc patch would be out haha.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #90
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
Jason, you have the best insight on these forums imo, great work, a few quick questions though, is the default actually 50 or 0? like as an example if you have the general slider sets for attack basket at 50 does that mean it defaults to the specific teams attack basket and play sliders, or would that be at 0?
50 is default.

How it works:

Player ratings/tendencies + Coaching sliders (50 default = player ratings/tends) + Gameplay sliders (50 default = player ratings/tends) = Player rating/tendency

Any changes in the above equation (coaching or gameplay sliders) will equal an altered player rating/tendency, obviously higher means greater and lower means less.

Coaching sliders do not affect ratings only tendencies and the sim engine (debatable).

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 11-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #91
Banned

so jason what would be the point of putting attack basket at 0? I have seen a few slider threads do this. any thoughts on putting certain sliders at 0?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #92
Rookie

and wow, thanks for that long winded explanation... dunno how i missed it. that really clears things up thanks so much.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #93
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
so jason what would be the point of putting attack basket at 0? I have seen a few slider threads do this. any thoughts on putting certain sliders at 0?
To reduce the players tendency to attack the basket would be the point.

But thing is, we don't know how much it effects the tendency since there is no way to check ala the ratings.

In theory it would be the same as the sliders meaning roughly a 75 point drop in tendency for all players. So the majority (a big majority) of players would have a AtB tend. of 0, with only the players who were about 75 to start with, now being 1-24.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #94
Banned

Smile Re: Understanding slider coefficients

thx jason that is what i thought! it would bring everyone to zero in a sense on individual slider ratings per player, just a thought, have you tried putting hustle at 100? that slider is just so players go after loose balls more, and i have that at 100 i think every player hustling after loose balls at there full potential makes the game more exciting, also i have offensive awareness at 65/70 for the same reason, all offensive awareness does is makes players get through double teams easier and it helps them go after loose balls more, you would think it is awareness on everything on offense but its not, only those two things
Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #95
Rookie

Looking forward to your slider set. FG% are too high for both user/cpu in HoF. i cant decide whether to reduce off or def only or both.

Wish 2k will change the mechanics in game difficulty. I thought it would be better if the USER will get the boost in lower difficulty and real rating in Hof + the other factors(timing,Ai behavior Off/def..etc.). i hate playing with the bulls against the raptors turning like miami heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
thx jason that is what i thought! it would bring everyone to zero in a sense on individual slider ratings per player, just a thought, have you tried putting hustle at 100? that slider is just so players go after loose balls more, and i have that at 100 i think every player hustling after loose balls at there full potential makes the game more exciting, also i have offensive awareness at 65/70 for the same reason, all offensive awareness does is makes players get through double teams easier and it helps them go after loose balls more, you would think it is awareness on everything on offense but its not, only those two things
No Offense but these attribute slider affect the players rating thus it only makes all players the same- rating wise. i believe what we are aiming for is to play with them with their real ratings(yeah i know 2k ratings sucks) in Hof.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »