Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

can someone explain to me what does layup defense take off/release mean? that is the only slider im not sure about and what it actually does in regards to gameplay?? also jump shots defense gather and release ? thx!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
acc i dont think hustle affects all those things, if you look at each players individual slider ratings, and you go to hustle it says" how a player goes after loose balls, the best way to determine what a slider does is go into the each individual slider settings per player and read the caption, i thought the same thing as you did also, but regardless its nice to see players hustling i dont think it has anything to do with rebounding, hustle is usually based off of scappy playing and loose balls
A sincere tip, the default descriptions arent the best way to see up to what extend they can have an effect ... hehe, welcome to 2k editing ... hustle relates to all I said.

To just give you an example, recently a dev confirmed that the runners/floaters execution/accuracy (should be a rating) is affected by the tendency (supposedly limited to amount of occurrence).

With 2k, there is more than meet the eyes ! ... so, test, test and test (with an open mind and without any prejudices) and you might get responses to most (sadly not all) of your answers.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 11-08-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
can someone explain to me what does layup defense take off/release mean? that is the only slider im not sure about and what it actually does in regards to gameplay?? also jump shots defense gather and release ? thx!!
Those are more "under the hood" sliders, they dont have impact visually but they effect the %s of the success of shots in regards to the defenders ... the more you increase those the more substraction of potential FG%s is taken, so making those shots isnt as efficient, depending on the defender at the moment of the action ... AI/HUM players wont tight on shooters more or nothing alike, but they will have a wider range to disrupt the shots ... under the hood, of course.

Then again, havent tested this as indepth as other variables, is just from a quick test.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 11-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am using official 2k rosters from 11/1 with only changes in rotations and teams personnel, no other changes "under the hood". Again, I understand the hesitance with the hustle slider, but I am not noticing any ill effects.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #109
Banned

Smile Re: Understanding slider coefficients

would you recommend keeping those slider sets at 50 then ?? acc? the lay release sets etc? and i have liked having hustle at 100, i saw a few players dive for the ball before going out of bounds and it looked cool, but i guess i can keep the hustle slider at 50 or 60, i love realism in games, so we will see how that affects the other things you are saying, thx for the input
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw51188
I am using official 2k rosters from 11/1 with only changes in rotations and teams personnel, no other changes "under the hood". Again, I understand the hesitance with the hustle slider, but I am not noticing any ill effects.
The effects are there, is just that they happen to fit your style of play and your view of how the game is, so you see nothing out of order, hehe ... nothing wrong with that tho.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 11-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
would you recommend keeping those slider sets at 50 then ?? acc? the lay release sets etc? and i have liked having hustle at 100, i saw a few players dive for the ball before going out of bounds and it looked cool, but i guess i can keep the hustle slider at 50 or 60, i love realism in games, so we will see how that affects the other things you are saying, thx for the input
This is why I say that the most valuable yet most underappreciated pillar that 2k has ever had is its (well, was ... as it seems that the new trend is to limit editing) editability/customization/options.

You can alter whatever can be altered and make the videogame fit your view of the game ... use sliders within this thread as a base and build/adjust your own until it fits your playstyle and unique view ... use what suits you best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #112
Banned

well most all my sliders are inbetween 40 and 60 except for fouls, and drive contact frequency, and i have o awareness at 65, defensive awareness at 55, i just think there comes to a point when i just have to play the game and be satisfied lol, i only play hum vs com games i dont play other people on line or friends

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »