Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw51188
Try these. I got my sliders set and playing basically ideal games. I'm pretty good at the game, stick wise, but its really challenging and enjoyable. I lost a game today, lakers (me) vs. jazz (cpu) and i had 14 pt lead in the 3rd quarter. But I eased up off the gas, and they came back and won (kobe missed game tying 3pt shot at buzzer).

Im really into playing games where myself and the CPU are on equal footing, so my slider set (thanks to OP and the negated HOF boost) is perfectly balanced between USER and CPU in every category. I really require that mirroring to find the game enjoyable and challenging.

Last thing I want to advise before trying these sliders is to go into coach tendencies, and reverse the run plays slider. So for example, if a coaches run plays slider is at 70 (as in runs plays 70% of the time), change the slider to 30. Or if it is 15, change it to 85. The reason is because the 2K messed up and reversed the strength of the slider. DONT set them all to zero like everyone is suggesting. This makes it so that you get the correct run play amount intended, and it varies from team to team as intended, making each matchup unique and interesting.

Gameplay
Difficulty: HOF
Game Speed: 50
Quarter length: 12 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Shooting Type: User Timing
FT Shooting Type: User Timing
Free Throw Difficulty: 50
Defensive Assist Strength (in controller settings menu): 100

*User/CPU*

Offense (ALL 50s for both USER and CPU)

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 100/100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100/100
Lay up T: 100/100
Lay up R: 100/100
Jump shot G: 100/100
Jump shot r: 100/100
Help Defense Strength: 100/100
Steal Success: 50/50

Attributes (These are the HOF negate boost CPU attributes from OP...except hustle)
quickness: 50/42
vertical: 50/42
strength: 50/42
stamina: 50/50
speed: 50/43
durability: 50/50
hustle: 100/100 (all players hustle for loose balls)
ball handling: 50/42
hands: 50/30
dunking ability: 50/43
on-ball defense: 50/42
stealing: 50/40
blocking:50/42
OA: 50/30
DA:50/30
OR:50/40
DR:50/40
Consistency: 50/50
Fatigue rate: 57/57
Injury Freq: 50/50
Injury Sev: 50/50

Tendencies ALL 50's for both USER/CPU

Fouls (ALL 100s for Both USER/CPU)
Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
Charging Foul Frequency 100
Blocking Foul Frequency 100
Reaching Foul Frequency 100
Shooting Foul Frequency 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100

-----------------------------------

will post screen shot later, but I'm getting varied games. realistic scores, fouls, fta, fg %'s, 3pta and %s, FG attempts etc. The only thing that MAY be a tad high is points in the paint. But some games I give up few (35-40%) if I play good interior defense. Other games ill give up 50% of the points in the paint. I find this to be pretty realistic.

Turnovers are great, fast break points too. Don't have the offensive rebound problem or the cpu leaking out for ridiculous cherry picking fast breaks.

I really recommend everyone at least give this set a shot if you are a really good player.

The only thing that would literally make these perfect is if someone figured out a way to negate the boost of SIT and SOD. CPU still consistently makes these shots, but with my def settings turned up, you can actually somewhat slow them down.

PS. I run plays probably 75% of the time, regardless of the team I play. So I'd say I play at a realistic pace.

sorry for the long post, but i really feel good about these.
i tried this.but i kept hustle at real player ratings(no boost) First game i was blown out. 136-104.boston against knicks. FG% is still a bit too high for both. the next game i adjusted the off slider to sim with some edits in layup-43, pass accuracy-48 and i came up with more reasonable FG%.im using real player%. gonna play some more games.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #114
Banned

the best way to test sliders is doing com vs com, and watch the games, its always going to play different with a user, because we all are going to play different, i always play with the various legend bulls teams, and i mainly shoot with jordan and pippen,
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Those are more "under the hood" sliders, they dont have impact visually but they effect the %s of the success of shots in regards to the defenders ... the more you increase those the more substraction of potential FG%s is taken, so making those shots isnt as efficient, depending on the defender at the moment of the action ... AI/HUM players wont tight on shooters more or nothing alike, but they will have a wider range to disrupt the shots ... under the hood, of course.

Then again, havent tested this as indepth as other variables, is just from a quick test.
So would you say this affects SIT and SOD?... Maybe then it will lower the success rates..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
The effects are there, is just that they happen to fit your style of play and your view of how the game is, so you see nothing out of order, hehe ... nothing wrong with that tho.
Playing with or without hustle at 100 gives me stats in the same range. I just see no diving for the ball...more balls bouncing down around half court and players jogging after them.

Like I said with my slider set, you have to follow everything I put down. I cant confirm the results if anything other than hustle is changed. Not to mention, a lot of people play on Real FG%. I've never done that so i can't say if that works or not. And lastly, I am probably better than average with the stick skills, so the sliders might not be for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkules
So would you say this affects SIT and SOD?... Maybe then it will lower the success rates..
I would say it does. Thats why I have them at 100.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #117
Banned

raw you have hustle at 100? i have it at 60
Old 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #118
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

I noticed that when you switch teams, the CPU actually gets a 2 point decrease in those categories on Pro.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #119
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15

So if I understand you correctly, an on-ball defense at 40 means actually 60 right? Sorry I tried reading everything but some things I can't really understand (english isn't my native).

Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #120
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I noticed that when you switch teams, the CPU actually gets a 2 point decrease in those categories on Pro.
I definitely did not see this and will double check again to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
So if I understand you correctly, an on-ball defense at 40 means actually 60 right? Sorry I tried reading everything but some things I can't really understand (english isn't my native).
Depends on what difficulty level you are playing on. Pro is the real ratings for CPU, All Star has a slight bump for the CPU, SS and HOF get an even bigger bump. So you have to adjust the CPU attributes back down in order to get the real player ratings. Let me know if this helped explain it for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »