Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I noticed that when you switch teams, the CPU actually gets a 2 point decrease in those categories on Pro.
Yup This is what im talking about. so in reality there is no way to play with cpu with their "real ratings". its altered in all diff. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #122
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

Depends on what difficulty level you are playing on. Pro is the real ratings for CPU, All Star has a slight bump for the CPU, SS and HOF get an even bigger bump. So you have to adjust the CPU attributes back down in order to get the real player ratings. Let me know if this helped explain it for you.
The reason I'm asking this is because I play on All-Star, but I have to decrease the defensive awareness of the CPU a little to have more balanced gameplay to my skills.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #123
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I noticed that when you switch teams, the CPU actually gets a 2 point decrease in those categories on Pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
Yup This is what im talking about. so in reality there is no way to play with cpu with their "real ratings". its altered in all diff. smh
Got some time last night to test some things, you guys are correct, don't know how I did not see it the first time.

Pro = -2
All Star = +5
SS = +7
HoF = +10

So there are no default gamestyles (slider set) that are true to ratings. You either have to bump slightly up Pro or down with AS, SS and HoF.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Got some time last night to test some things, you guys are correct, don't know how I did not see it the first time.

Pro = -2
All Star = +5
SS = +7
HoF = +10

So there are no default gamestyles (slider set) that are true to ratings. You either have to bump slightly up Pro or down with AS, SS and HoF.
yep thats the way it is. so by now(or at least in the coming releases) iLL stick with allstar toned down their att. till its just +1 and SOT/SIT +5 only. i now definitely feel the difference playing against lakers vs playing against the bobcats.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #125
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Pro = -2
All Star = +5
SS = +7
HoF = +10

Really helpful information. This has made my Bobcats association a ton of fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #126
Rookie

Quote:

Pro = -2
All Star = +5
SS = +7
HoF = +10

i really can't guess what 2k's logic here is - it's pretty damn stupid if you ask me. you always hear people ask for something between pro and allstar and we find out what we've been seeking is how the game should really play.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 4

Great read guys I've been going crazy trying to figure this out .... But unless I missed something...
1.How do you negate the speed increase the CPU uses to cheat on fast breaks and half court settings ?..
2.How do you negate the pass awareness cheat? Ex:have y'all notice when you draw the defense in an make a great pass to open shooter when the CPU knows its beat it will make you player(the receiver of the pass) fumble the ball thus giving the CPU time to recover...
Also same thing happens when you run pick and roll and make the pass with your point guard to guy rolling to basket the CPU puts you in that funky animation were the receiver of the pass once again fumbles the ball thus resulting in a steal or CPU recover to stop the easy score...

Allstar/sim/12min

Last edited by phlipmode; 11-25-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Game style
Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #128
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

1. Lower CPU speed slightly. TBH I haven't noticed this cheat by the CPU but will keep an eye out for it.
2. Raise HUM pass accuracy 2-3 points at most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »