Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #129
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Dec 2005
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
1. Lower CPU speed slightly. TBH I haven't noticed this cheat by the CPU but will keep an eye out for it.
2. Raise HUM pass accuracy 2-3 points at most.
Thx for the quick response those changes should correct the issue .... Next time your on a fast break at the beginning when you make the initial pass to the guy pushing the ball up , watch replay and see how steps your player takes compared to the CPU an were he moves from one point to another.... You may notice the cup slows you down with a bs catch and turn animation or just in general
phlipmode is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #130
MVP
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipmode
Thx for the quick response those changes should correct the issue .... Next time your on a fast break at the beginning when you make the initial pass to the guy pushing the ball up , watch replay and see how steps your player takes compared to the CPU an were he moves from one point to another.... You may notice the cup slows you down with a bs catch and turn animation or just in general
I think I know what you mean... Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm a brit with limited access to the real nba but I had cp3 on a fast break last night and I got caught... Now I'm pretty sure with his speed he would not get caught irl

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
kamackeris76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #131
Pro
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Wow! This is some great stuff man! Thanks a lot! I have always been a fan of putting out sliders with only minimal adjustments and not hitting any extreme and very nice to see that this research by you back-ups my philosophy.
Will get back to work on my sliders this week and will take this into account when making adjustments.

Thanks again! Great work!!
PuntNL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #132
Pro
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

So knowing this (huge breakthrough), what's a base slider set for Pro level that makes the game play to ratings?
Benicio10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #133
MVP
 
JasonWilliams55's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Downtown Sacramento
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
So knowing this (huge breakthrough), what's a base slider set for Pro level that makes the game play to ratings?
You need to bump the CPU attributes up a click or two (51/52). There is a list of attributes that get altered w/ diff. level in the OP. Since Pro is -2 for the CPU, and each slider click is 1.5, your gonna have the CPU either by -.5 or +1 for their attributes.
__________________
"Most people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them"

JasonWilliams55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #134
Pro
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
You need to bump the CPU attributes up a click or two (51/52). There is a list of attributes that get altered w/ diff. level in the OP. Since Pro is -2 for the CPU, and each slider click is 1.5, your gonna have the CPU either by -.5 or +1 for their attributes.
Thanks White Chocolate! I can't believe the gameplay framework doesn't line up with the ratings. I wonder if they even KNOW this! lol
Benicio10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #135
Pro
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

BTW, only bump these attributes that you identified, right?

Dunk
Ball Sec
Handles
Block
Steal
Both REBs
Both AWRs
Strength
Vert
SOD and SIT
Quickness
Hustle
Hands
On Ball Def
Standing Dunk
Benicio10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #136
MVP
 
JasonWilliams55's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Downtown Sacramento
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
BTW, only bump these attributes that you identified, right?

Dunk
Ball Sec
Handles
Block
Steal
Both REBs
Both AWRs
Strength
Vert
SOD and SIT
Quickness
Hustle
Hands
On Ball Def
Standing Dunk
Yep, SOD and SIT you cant change though.
__________________
"Most people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them"

JasonWilliams55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.

Top -