Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #153
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
All Star/Sim Settings is the base.
Then I made the following changes (unless noted, changes are for CPU only):

Contact Shot Success - 47 or 48 (depends on whether you feel it's too easy to make shots. I found 45 made players miss the simplest of shots. This is for both user and CPU)

Strength - 47
Ball handling - 46
Hands -43
On ball defense - 47
Offense/defense Awareness - 40
Thank you.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #154
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
So how would you go about testing for online? It's a true pain to have a good set offline then plug them in online just to see they don't have the same effect. It's almost like in online association. I can't make good teams beat the bad. If I'm using okc playing orland, cavs or one of the other lower tier teams in the league. They seem to all be playing like they are really good with no weakness.
Starting an OA and testing there, only way.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #155
Rookie

I dont see how you are finding out the changes for the CPU, as everytime you switch your controller to the other team, you will see the USER ratings, never the CPU. The substitution menu does not show the CPU ratings...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #156
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by savantopus
I dont see how you are finding out the changes for the CPU, as everytime you switch your controller to the other team, you will see the USER ratings, never the CPU. The substitution menu does not show the CPU ratings...
Okay it does work and I will explain in the simplest way I can on how to do this to check the CPU ratings.

1) Start a game
2) After the tip, let clock run a few seconds, PAUSE GAME.
3) Go to team select, switch teams.
4) Go to Sub Menu, these are CPU ratings.

*ONLY AFTER UNPAUSING DOES THE GAME RECOGNIZE THAT YOU SWITCHED TEAMS. VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO UNPAUSE AFTER SWITCHING TEAMS.

I will record a video today of this and post in here of how to do this.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Okay it does work and I will explain in the simplest way I can on how to do this to check the CPU ratings.

1) Start a game
2) After the tip, let clock run a few seconds, PAUSE GAME.
3) Go to team select, switch teams.
4) Go to Sub Menu, these are CPU ratings.

*ONLY AFTER UNPAUSING DOES THE GAME RECOGNIZE THAT YOU SWITCHED TEAMS. VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO UNPAUSE AFTER SWITCHING TEAMS.

I will record a video today of this and post in here of how to do this.
Ahhhh !!! ok ok I'll go try it right now!

EDIT:
Dude you're right!! Thanks so much!!

After you select your controller side, you have to press the back button instead of the start button... or else the game starts and it switches the USER side.

Last edited by savantopus; 01-14-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #158
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
OP what sliders should be adjusted to negate the SIT/SOD and Ball security boost? those are the rating that still have boost. cant say anything, JUST WOW 2k,after editing sliders in HOF. Big big boost for the AI.

Heres what i come up with to negate Hof AI boost
quickness 42
vertical 42
strength 42
stamina 50
speed 43
durability 50
hustle 42
ball handling 42
hands 30
dunking ability 43
onball defense 42
stealing 40
blocking 42
OA 30
DA 30
OR 40
DR 40
Consistency 50
Fatigue rate 57
Injury Freq 50
Injury Sev. 50

Note: ball security/SIT/SOD are still boosted - cant figure which slider to be adjusted
I tested the Mavs(no floor general in starting lineup). but OJ mayo has boost in Overall rating maybe because of the other 3 attributes that are not yet negated.ill try to play this later after laundry.
Are u guys sure this is the default set for HOF to neutralize most ratings boost (except security, SIT, and SOD)? When I tried this trick through scrimmage I notice there are drops in various ratings (red down arrow) for others that are supposedly neutralized (block, steal, rebounds speed). I used this exact slider combination too.

EDIT: I don't know if you guys made those changes before the patch but I came up with different figures that neutralized the cheating AI (well except BS, SOD, and SIT of course). I will post them in case anyone cares to know. My changes are in bold and parentheses.

quickness 42 (46)
vertical 42 (46)
strength 42
stamina 50
speed 43 (46)
durability 50
hustle 42 (46)
ball handling 42
hands 30
dunking ability 43
onball defense 42
stealing 40 (43)
blocking 42 (43)
OA 30
DA 30
OR 40 (46)
DR 40 (43)
Consistency 50
Fatigue rate 57
Injury Freq 50
Injury Sev. 50

And by the way, I don't see a difference when changing the fatigue rate. How'd you guys come up with that one? Guessing?

Last edited by Crossover1; 01-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #159
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Are u guys sure this is the default set for HOF to neutralize most ratings boost (except security, SIT, and SOD)? When I tried this trick through scrimmage I notice there are drops in various ratings (red down arrow) for others that are supposedly neutralized (block, steal, rebounds speed). I used this exact slider combination too.

EDIT: I don't know if you guys made those changes before the patch but I came up with different figures that neutralized the cheating AI (well except BS, SOD, and SIT of course). I will post them in case anyone cares to know. My changes are in bold and parentheses.

quickness 42 (46)
vertical 42 (46)
strength 42
stamina 50
speed 43 (46)
durability 50
hustle 42 (46)
ball handling 42
hands 30
dunking ability 43
onball defense 42
stealing 40 (43)
blocking 42 (43)
OA 30
DA 30
OR 40 (46)
DR 40 (43)
Consistency 50
Fatigue rate 57
Injury Freq 50
Injury Sev. 50

And by the way, I don't see a difference when changing the fatigue rate. How'd you guys come up with that one? Guessing?
I have been using this quite a while. what team did you use as a base for the rating? More often i test this using the thunder(every time i switch between all star and Hof) and im sure with my values.though with that being said i'de like to input yours and see. about the fatigue.57 is the default in Hof.

EDIT:Oh so those are post patch?im using pc version(no patch yet). Maybe thats why it is..oh 2k youre mesing it up again.

Last edited by papaey; 01-19-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #160
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Job well done man! I happen to be perusing and found your post - the title caught my attention. I don't have 2k13 - I opted out this year but I just wanted to check in on the buzz and see/hear what the community is saying. I gotta say man, this is perfect - clear and concise, informative and substantial.

I referred you to my 2k13 buddies

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 01-20-2013 at 05:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »