Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #41
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
you know, i was wondering about tendencies the other day.... not slider tendencies, but player tendencies. if you take a look at a player's dribble tendencies, i think they're all screwed up. my new theory is that if you set everything to 50 (default in this case also?), the player will do whatever move is called for in a certain situation. for example, we see the cpu players use a crossover and end up bumping into us when they should have used a spin move that would have led right to the hoop. slimm44's roster re-do sparked this idea.

i'll have to do some testing over the next few days... i'll let you guys know how it goes.
Go check out this thread, it should cover most of your questions; http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cy-update.html

But to speak on what your talking about; the dribble tendencies are jacked up, but you cannot determine which move a player will do in any situation, the best we can do is scale the dribble tendencies so that players will use some moves more than others.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
you know, i was wondering about tendencies the other day.... not slider tendencies, but player tendencies. if you take a look at a player's dribble tendencies, i think they're all screwed up. my new theory is that if you set everything to 50 (default in this case also?), the player will do whatever move is called for in a certain situation. for example, we see the cpu players use a crossover and end up bumping into us when they should have used a spin move that would have led right to the hoop. slimm44's roster re-do sparked this idea.

i'll have to do some testing over the next few days... i'll let you guys know how it goes.
You noticed! I didn't know if anybody would notice that. I lowered ALL dribble tendencies for all players to 0 and the results were a much more contextally-accurate dribbling system. Setting them at 0 doesn't mean those moves are never triggered, it means that they're never triggered more than that baseline the AI was given in the first place. Personally, I think it looks MUCH more realistic.

Good lookin' out, man.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
Rookie

thanks jason, that looks like an interesting read. at least it would give the game more variety and as slimm said make it look more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
You noticed! I didn't know if anybody would notice that. I lowered ALL dribble tendencies for all players to 0 and the results were a much more contextally-accurate dribbling system. Setting them at 0 doesn't mean those moves are never triggered, it means that they're never triggered more than that baseline the AI was given in the first place. Personally, I think it looks MUCH more realistic.

Good lookin' out, man.
haha, i did notice - it was actually the first thing i looked at when i d/led your tendency update. tbh i was always scared to change any numbers there because i was afraid it would upset the delicate balance of the game (well, what little balance there is). i find it funny that 2k tried to match a player's life-like tendencies when in actuality smart players use whatever move is called for in that certain situation. i've also always wondered why in 2k12 when wade would drive on me, get bumped halfway to the basket and use five or six consecutive crossovers that lead nowhere lol (dwade's xover rating is way too high i think it was 94).

so are you saying that a zero rating is more of a 'default' in this scenario than 50? it's really hard to gauge... i mean, i guess everyone would play the same if evertyhing in their tendency column were set to fifty and the game would seem pretty boring and flat because some of those tendencies DO help define a player. but on the other hand, i imagine there would be so much more variety.

i haven't even really gotten a chance to test out your roster tendencies because i've been so intrigued messing with my own, lol.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #44
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44

Good lookin' out, man.
Interesting, gonna have to plug in your roster tonight and do some testing.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #45
Pro

FM_Prospect's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey Jason - This is some great Insight...thanks for sharing!.

I've always wondered how much All-Star and other difficulties effects thing!

I think the addition of "Sig Skills" would also create madness with ratings above Pro difficulty... due to the fact they also effect Ratings...which is most likely why some people are struggling to find a consistency on All-Star.

Basically leads me to think to keep the CPU playing to there "true ratings" it would be best to stick to Pro/Sim settings?...

Last edited by FM_Prospect; 10-31-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

OP should win like post of the year or sum'n
Everyone should see this thread and understand that Pro = equal footing for CPU and Hum.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

double post my fault...to compensate for increase CPU SIT/SOD/ball security, you could raise Hum steal, block, defensive awareness by whatever necessary amount. just an idea.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Interesting, gonna have to plug in your roster tonight and do some testing.
It was an older update. If you download the newest file, it's not like that. If you want, I can send you a copy of one that has all Dribble Tendencies at 0, though.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »