Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #49
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
Hey Jason - This is some great Insight...thanks for sharing!.

I've always wondered how much All-Star and other difficulties effects thing!

I think the addition of "Sig Skills" would also create madness with ratings above Pro difficulty... due to the fact they also effect Ratings...which is most likely why some people are struggling to find a consistency on All-Star.

Basically leads me to think to keep the CPU playing to there "true ratings" it would be best to stick to Pro/Sim settings?...
The sig skills give the same boost no matter what difficulty.

Pro/Sim if you don't want to mess with sliders sure, but now that we know how much they are boosted per difficulty we can lower them back down thru sliders and then we still get the harder USER timing windows for shots, steals, blocks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upandup22
OP should win like post of the year or sum'n
Everyone should see this thread and understand that Pro = equal footing for CPU and Hum.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upandup22
double post my fault...to compensate for increase CPU SIT/SOD/ball security, you could raise Hum steal, block, defensive awareness by whatever necessary amount. just an idea.
True, we could compensate for that. Good thinking.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #50
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
It was an older update. If you download the newest file, it's not like that. If you want, I can send you a copy of one that has all Dribble Tendencies at 0, though.
I have the one from the other day, not the opening day ones I think. But please send it anyway that way I can test it at 0.

Interesting theory on the all 0 dribble edits. The way I take it is that the CPU would randomly choose, since they all have equal chance.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #51
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

This is awesome, great find!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #52
Rookie

I input your slider adjustment for Hof and the game plays.alot more realistic with great stats

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackaceons
I input your slider adjustment for Hof and the game plays.alot more realistic with great stats

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Can you upload one of your end game stat? One thing that is still imbalanced is the CPU FG% because of the +12 in BS/SIT/SOD. especially those side step jumper are impossible to stop.

I was also considering to adjust the following for both user & cpu the
layup/jumper gather and release to offset the shoot in traffic and shoot off dribble. just cant seem to find the perfect mix. could anyone help me do more testing?

Im kinda confused in PRO. is it just me that the AI have a -2 in their attributes?boost start at all star but in pro they have penalty of 2 points.

Last edited by papaey; 11-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
I have the one from the other day, not the opening day ones I think. But please send it anyway that way I can test it at 0.

Interesting theory on the all 0 dribble edits. The way I take it is that the CPU would randomly choose, since they all have equal chance.
I will send it to you when I get a chance. I have to work today from 8 until 8 so it may be this weekend, but I'll get it to you. I haven't tested anything other than all 0's, and that testing is limited, but I think what happens when you 0 them out is you get to see a more true representation of how the AI is actually coded.

What I've seen (and have not documented) is much better contextual dribbling by the CPU. I believe the different positions and ball-handling ratings work together in the AI to determine what dribble moves are used when/where/and how often. Maybe you'll have more time to test and document. I can tell that we both like to measure and observe findings instead of speculating and assuming.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
you know, i was wondering about tendencies the other day.... not slider tendencies, but player tendencies. if you take a look at a player's dribble tendencies, i think they're all screwed up. my new theory is that if you set everything to 50 (default in this case also?), the player will do whatever move is called for in a certain situation. for example, we see the cpu players use a crossover and end up bumping into us when they should have used a spin move that would have led right to the hoop. slimm44's roster re-do sparked this idea.

i'll have to do some testing over the next few days... i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Whats funny I've complained and requested to the 2K Insider about this issue in 2K12 that he had the dribble tendencies too crazy, to many players trying to dribble like And1 street ball players. Ofcourse he ignored the suggestion of adjusting this, so I adjusted a few myself and the results were good. I will say that in 2K12 adjusting the dribble tendencies, and the coaching playbooks (as Vannwolf suggested) for teams saved that game for me. Looking throught the playbooks and dribble tendencies and shooting tendencies in 2K13, I'm going to have to adjust this stuff as well. I noticed yesterday I tried some of the slider coefficients adjustements that are in this thread, and adjusted some of the coaching tendencies for higher midrange shots and messed with a few players post up and midrange shots, I had two great games against the clippers and spurs. The cpu A.I. was actually calling plays and taking the smart shots instead of forcing fast breaks and everything in the paint. Its a shame we all figure out this stuff with the attributes, tendencies, playbooks etc, within a month and 2K or the 2K roster makers can't get this stuff right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #56
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

It is sad that when the community finds something to make the game better that it doesn't get implemented by 2k the next year or at least somewhat redone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »