Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

I pretty much just took your offense/defense sliders. I did put cpu 3 @ 48.

I also lower cpu pass accuracy. I dont want all my turnovers from cpu to be steals. Need some bad passes in there too.

Good set tho, man. I just already had a good set up for tendencies or else ida used those as well. And attributes are all default sim except i used uour rebounds.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #90
Pro

OVR: 9

first time using your sliders and it didn't go to well i mean it played like a real game so i loved that part but i still had way too many points the score was

Bulls 131 76ers 96

i play with the Bulls 12min quarters on HOF with your sliders and 2k official roster

wondering if you can tell me what to do to get the scoring down and make the cpu defense more diffcult

Bulls had 131 pts way too much 54/96 (56%)FG percentage is good but too many points. 52rbs which is ok 8stls good 0blks need to change that and 17 team fouls guess thats ok , we also had 27 fta made 22 and 1/5 from 3pt

76ers had 96pts 40/93 (43%) realistic i think they were 2/15 from the 3pt line and shot 20fta made 14 they had 40rbs 8stls and 5blks and 21 fouls

so if there is anyway to adjust the sliders so we can have better defense and more of a realistic score please me know other than that the game played really well

Bulls starters

Deng 25pts 3rebs 2ast 2stls
Rose 21pts 4rebs 8asts
Noah 19pts 13rebs 2asts
Boozer 18pts 5rebs 1asts
Shumpert 12pts 5rebs 9asts 2stls

bench notables
Gibson 15pts 8rebs

76ers starters
Turner 18pts 10rebs
Holiday 17pts 2rebs 9asts
Bynum 15pts 10rebs 4asts 2blks
Richardson 14pts 2rebs 3asts 4stls
Young 11pts 7rebs 6asts 2blks
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 33

JW, have you found any differences between online and offline results ? ... specially regarding CPU behavior ... I ask because we were using sliders tested offline but they seem to provide a different experience, as if they werent so effective.

In our OA we are playing with all star difficulty as on other upper difficulties the AI was killings us ... now, in this lower difficulty we can keep up a bit more but the same problems are there: too many PIP (due to constant attack, above 70%) & too many Orebs (which may add to the PIP problem, between 16-20pg) ... we have even tried extremes such as drives/attack at 1, inside and close at 1, etc ... ... we have all foul sliders on 100 btw, as well as all defense sliders.

So, could you please try and help us out, by suggesting a base set for OA all star that heavyly reduces PIP & ORebs ? ... sorry to bother you, btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #92
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
first time using your sliders and it didn't go to well i mean it played like a real game so i loved that part but i still had way too many points the score was

Bulls 131 76ers 96

i play with the Bulls 12min quarters on HOF with your sliders and 2k official roster

wondering if you can tell me what to do to get the scoring down and make the cpu defense more diffcult

Bulls had 131 pts way too much 54/96 (56%)FG percentage is good but too many points. 52rbs which is ok 8stls good 0blks need to change that and 17 team fouls guess thats ok , we also had 27 fta made 22 and 1/5 from 3pt

76ers had 96pts 40/93 (43%) realistic i think they were 2/15 from the 3pt line and shot 20fta made 14 they had 40rbs 8stls and 5blks and 21 fouls

so if there is anyway to adjust the sliders so we can have better defense and more of a realistic score please me know other than that the game played really well

Bulls starters

Rose 21pts 4rebs 8asts
Noah 19pts 13rebs 2asts
Boozer 18pts 5rebs 1asts

bench notables
Gibson 15pts 8rebs

76ers starters
Turner 18pts 10rebs
Only 1 game so far? I see you don't shoot too many 3's, 5 is kinda low, shooting some more from deep will lower your % a bit, ie : don't force into paint all day just cause. Not saying you are, just saying.

For CPU, you could bump their help d strength slider a point or two, or you could bump their on ball D up a point or two. If doing both at same time, do one click at a time on each then.

Also since I don't know your gamestyle or speed that you play at, do you push alot? Half-court sets? 131 is not unrealistic, as quite a bit of teams this year are hitting mid 110's.

But yeah, raise the CPU a tad bit till you get the desired effect. Conversely you could drop the HUM shooting sliders 1 point (for all of them) instead of raising CPU Defense. Its up to you, if offense felt good and not too easy, then raise CPU defense. If offense was too easy, lower the shooting sliders. If still too easy after that, then raise CPU defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
JW, have you found any differences between online and offline results ? ... especially regarding CPU behavior ... I ask because we were using sliders tested offline but they seem to provide a different experience, as if they werent so effective.

In our OA we are playing with all star difficulty as on other upper difficulties the AI was killings us ... now, in this lower difficulty we can keep up a bit more but the same problems are there: too many PIP (due to constant attack, above 70%) & too many Orebs (which may add to the PIP problem, between 16-20pg) ... we have even tried extremes such as drives/attack at 1, inside and close at 1, etc ... ... we have all foul sliders on 100 btw, as well as all defense sliders.

So, could you please try and help us out, by suggesting a base set for OA all star that heavyly reduces PIP & ORebs ? ... sorry to bother you, btw.
No worries, there has always been a difference between offline and online play, I don't know what it is other than its just different. Were these offline sliders created using Play Now games? or offline assoc games? To me there is a difference there too.

Define too many PiP for me. 50% 60% 70% of points?

I will do some slider testing for All Star difficulty offline and send them to you, what needs to be done after that is starting a test OA, getting a few people in there and then playing some HUM HUM games and HUM CPU games, playing straight thru the games (do not check stats anytime during the game... ONLY AFTER) after a few HUM HUM and CPU games, get the general consensus from all users and then let me know whats going on.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #93
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

The only time I worry about PIP is when the CPU is getting them by doing up and unders constantly every time down the floor.

If they're getting it just by driving to the rim and finishing then I just need to improve my on-ball defense (or manually bring over my big men to protect the paint).
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013

Bulls 131 76ers 96

Bulls starters

Rose 21pts 4rebs 8asts
Noah 19pts 13rebs 2asts
Boozer 18pts 5rebs 1asts

bench notables
Gibson 15pts 8rebs

76ers starters
Turner 18pts 10rebs

Problem is you are taking too many shots in a game. This is because too many good opportunities to score present themselves early in the shot clock.

I'm not sure how to fix this as I've been having the same problem. I'm using the bulls too, and far too often when bringing the ball up the court with Drose, I see paul george or luol deng open for a quick 3 pointer. The same on the defensive end, my players just leave the CPU open far too often by just not guarding them close enough on the transition. It's hard to avoid shooting the ball 25-30 times a quarter unless I don't do faskbreaks(which takes some fun out of it) and use the shot clock every possesion.

What you could try is putting DAWR and On Ball Defense up by 2 each and see how that goes.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #95
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

It also could be the CPU default coaching profiles, crashing the boards too hard, try lowering the CPU crash board slider so they get back on D to stop the transition offense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #96
Rookie

does sliders affect shooting ratings j will??? or does it still play 2 their ratings

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »