Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #97
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by merio1992
does sliders affect shooting ratings j will??? or does it still play 2 their ratings
They do not affect player ratings and only change the % for shot success. Lower # means less % going in and of course the opposite for higher.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've pld 2-3 games with ur sliders JW and noticed a couple of things. I dont know if these sliders are refering only for USER vs USER . In this occasion nevermind my post.

First, the CPU will keep on coming @ you in every attack and rarely will shoot later than 10-15 seconds, no matter what. This produce a hell of FG attempts and high scores especially for 12min/q. So, my only guess is that you have altered coach profiles sliders such as Crash Offensive Glass and Fast Break, so u prolly aint experiencing this. Otherwise, u have to lower the "attack the basket" slider to 1.

Shooting/foul sliders are quite nice imo, except the turnovers that were unrealisticly low and that has to do with passing accuracy slider @ 50. I suggest to turn that down, especially for cpu.

It's very hard to tweak HOF, in order to achieve cpu-sim-like playstyle imo..
Old 12-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #99
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusiondrmr
I've pld 2-3 games with ur sliders JW and noticed a couple of things. I dont know if these sliders are refering only for USER vs USER . In this occasion nevermind my post.

First, the CPU will keep on coming @ you in every attack and rarely will shoot later than 10-15 seconds, no matter what. This produce a hell of FG attempts and high scores especially for 12min/q. So, my only guess is that you have altered coach profiles sliders such as Crash Offensive Glass and Fast Break, so u prolly aint experiencing this. Otherwise, u have to lower the "attack the basket" slider to 1.

Shooting/foul sliders are quite nice imo, except the turnovers that were unrealisticly low and that has to do with passing accuracy slider @ 50. I suggest to turn that down, especially for cpu.

It's very hard to tweak HOF, in order to achieve cpu-sim-like playstyle imo..
Agreed on the bolded, since the patch, the CPU is very different and I have been working on some tweaks.

Yes the CPU will attack, I prefer it this way cause I hate them not attacking. To be quite honest I don't have any problems stopping the CPU, now hard teams (spurs, heat, etc) are very hard to stop but that is realistic as they are the best teams.

Pass accuracy can go down for CPU, 49 works well, you'll see errant passes at 49, but you can go lower if you deem it. 48 should be the low for HUM side though, but again to each their own.

I have not done any coaching tweaks as I test in a OA so its default 2k everything. I do tweak my coaching sliders so that they get back on D, if that is what you mean.

Now I did make this set for U v U games but have tried to adapt the CPU side for some legitimate gameplay, and as you stated it is very hard for CPU HOF to play realistic. I believe some tweaks are in order but I still need more games in to determine for sure what needs to be done, because as I said, I can stop the CPU, its hard and demanding but in my opinion the NBA should be hard and demanding your utmost attention and detail to win.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 12

J got a Q:

Should I lower my mid range user 1 or decrease my consistency? I dont want mid to be useless but i do feel like i am killing it

Also should i raise cpu mid 1 or raise their consistency? Dont want them to be auto but id consider myself an above avg gamer and am seeing the cpu either high 30s or low 40s.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #101
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
J got a Q:

Should I lower my mid range user 1 or decrease my consistency? I dont want mid to be useless but i do feel like i am killing it

Also should i raise cpu mid 1 or raise their consistency? Dont want them to be auto but id consider myself an above avg gamer and am seeing the cpu either high 30s or low 40s.
Sorry can't answer w/o more information.
  • Why do you feel like you are killing mids?
  • What do you want to see from the CPU?
  • Mids IRL are the worst %, w/ close and 3s being highest.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Sorry can't answer w/o more information.
  • Why do you feel like you are killing mids?
  • What do you want to see from the CPU?
  • Mids IRL are the worst %, w/ close and 3s being highest.
I just have the user strokes down so hitting a mid range shot is no problem. I play a lot of pick and roll but your sliders do a good job of playing those on defense (cpu). So if its not open i might run a set play or quick plays screen for shooters. I dont want them to be as automatic for me but dont want them to be useless.

Im just winning too much vs cpu. I need their % to go up without making defense useless. I figured consistency going up would increase their spurts w/o making all their shots automatic.

I use the Knicks so my play is pretty much:
Pick and pop with amare, PnR with chandler, Melo iso, cutters for Novak and Smith, give and go with brew

I know the shot %'s but the imperfection of this game i have to compensate for user over cpu skill somewhere w/o making it feel too cheap. Sorry if this is explained like crap. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #103
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
I just have the user strokes down so hitting a mid range shot is no problem. I play a lot of pick and roll but your sliders do a good job of playing those on defense (cpu). So if its not open i might run a set play or quick plays screen for shooters. I dont want them to be as automatic for me but dont want them to be useless.

Im just winning too much vs cpu. I need their % to go up without making defense useless. I figured consistency going up would increase their spurts w/o making all their shots automatic.

I use the Knicks so my play is pretty much:
Pick and pop with amare, PnR with chandler, Melo iso, cutters for Novak and Smith, give and go with brew

I know the shot %'s but the imperfection of this game i have to compensate for user over cpu skill somewhere w/o making it feel too cheap. Sorry if this is explained like crap. Thanks in advance.
You have a couple options:
- lower your mids 1 click until you feel its right, raise 1 click for CPU.
- raise CPU OAWR + DAWR + On Ball (5) clicks (this will make game overall harder, while keeping your offensive abilities in tact) The 5 clicks will give you a (high) base line of sorts to figure out if its too much or not enough.

Also keep in mind, you have one of the best teams in the game so you should be winning your fair % based on talent alone. What kind of scores are you getting? Are you giving beat-downs to equally talented teams? Or only against the likes of the Magic, Raptors, etc?

Consistency will alter how fast one gets hot, how long it will stay, etc... I personally think they overrated too many people and that is why I lowered consistency (-10 points = -15 points in ratings) so 99's are now 84's. A custom roster would be ideal though.

Again don't forget the lowest % shots in the NBA are mid range shots. I wouldn't worry about the mids too much and focus on gameplay feel, either its too competitive or too easy, finding the mid of that is what you are looking for. Easier said than done.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #104
Rookie

hey , is this still applicable for pc ? i'm playing on pc . thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »