Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
You weren't lying about the CPU going crazy at times. Melo just had 28 points in the 1st quarter against me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #122
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraWhistle
You weren't lying about the CPU going crazy at times. Melo just had 28 points in the 1st quarter against me.
Did you play defense?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Did you play defense?
He was at the 4 and killed boozer, when I put Gibson in he was already too hot to stop.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #124
Rookie

I've gotten some really good knowledge from this thread and your Slider Coefficient thread. My sliders have been pretty much the same as these for a few months except for the CPU boost which I was unaware of. Always been a HOF player but this year the CPU advantage seemed really skewed. Lowered those listed attributes to adjust for the HOF boost and it's been really solid gameplay since. Combined with lowered User and CPU consistency has been pretty solid for me. Rewards playing good D, boxing out, and I'm able to get into the lane and draw more fouls.

The only things I notice that I can't pinpoint with sliders so far is the CPU super speed on the fastbreak. My guards have been run down by big men and been blocked or fouled from behind. And a good amount of CPU blocks on the perimeter.

Been getting more user blocks with release strengths higher than takeoff though. Although that crazy animation where your PG is stripped by the PF or C at the top of the key along with the shoulder bump where your guy just drops the ball are still frustrating I don't think this is a slider thing. The gameplay with the sliders and CPU attributes adjusted are really great since I made the changes.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #125
Rookie

finally after using all-star sliders and blowing teams out, i tried your sliders and i can finally have realistic games with good stats. fg% is mid 40's, points in the paint account for around half the points, good amount of turnovers, steals, fouls and blocks. one thing that could be improved is second chance points, although i think that's probably more in the hands of the player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #126
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmyzz
finally after using all-star sliders and blowing teams out, i tried your sliders and i can finally have realistic games with good stats. fg% is mid 40's, points in the paint account for around half the points, good amount of turnovers, steals, fouls and blocks. one thing that could be improved is second chance points, although i think that's probably more in the hands of the player.
You can raise putbacks (tendency slider) and it will make the offensive rebounder attack more often. This could create a few more 2nd chance points, but ultimately for you its up to you. Glad your enjoying them.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 01-07-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #127
Rookie

Hey man, I've actually been browsing this thread frequently to see what you slider set is like. Because I saw you post on another thread about the CPU advantage, I thought you knew what was up. And I've gotta say your sliders definitely bring the best out of the game.
Have had games all over the spectrum which is cool:
L 78-77 on last second shot
W 86-72
W 113-93
L 94-71
W 94-91
L 120-112
W 118-111 OT
W 108-93

And I've had games with 12 total fouls and 40+. So I'm liking whats happening mostly. Only a couple things that I can't understand and it's probably a 2K problem.

1. CPU teammates effort to rotate and follow their man on defense is lacking when players cut to the basket.

2. It's kinda hard to make layups in traffic as a user and I get ugly leaning animations often.

3. CPU dominates loose balls on HOF and do some strange things to beat me to pick up a ball that is right at my feet.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #128
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobenation
Hey man, I've actually been browsing this thread frequently to see what you slider set is like. Because I saw you post on another thread about the CPU advantage, I thought you knew what was up. And I've gotta say your sliders definitely bring the best out of the game.
Have had games all over the spectrum which is cool:
L 78-77 on last second shot
W 86-72
W 113-93
L 94-71
W 94-91
L 120-112
W 118-111 OT
W 108-93

And I've had games with 12 total fouls and 40+. So I'm liking whats happening mostly. Only a couple things that I can't understand and it's probably a 2K problem.

1. CPU teammates effort to rotate and follow their man on defense is lacking when players cut to the basket.

2. It's kinda hard to make layups in traffic as a user and I get ugly leaning animations often.

3. CPU dominates loose balls on HOF and do some strange things to beat me to pick up a ball that is right at my feet.
Thanks.

1. Two ways I would go about trying to combat that would be 1) raise D AWR to see if players react better. 2) if not, raise d help strength so that when they do come over its more effective. Try both separately and then compare. Decide what to do.

2. Too many variables, to give a quick answer, would need more info.

3. Yes their reaction time is superb, best thing I can give to you, stop switching to the man to pick up the ball and let the CPU do it instead, basically refrain from hitting any buttons. Too many times I have switched over to get it manually and end up getting one of those CPU warps, raising the awareness's will help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »