Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #153
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Have u been using the sim world roster yet? I really want to use these with sim world.
I've tried these with the Sim WOrld roster and they played great!

My first game on HOF and I got my behind handed to me
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

here's a typical game for me (i do 6 minute quarters so that i can get through a full game with a set of sliders and then just double each stat) I used a created 1999-00 Lakers team vs the 94-95 Magic.

usually i get more fouls and free throws but for some reason fouling was low this game. i find the cpu has an easier time scoring in the paint, but just choses not to a lot of the time. they do manage to get open looks because of crappy cpu defense. i havent tried out the changes you suggested yet so ill put those in then report back
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #155
Rookie

I started a new association with my Knicks and used the finalized HOF sliders. Played against the Timberwolves, using 10 minute quarters. The computer played very nicely in the first quarter, moving the ball around and being "fluid" as you've described. However, I was able to easily take a 20 point lead in the second.. I actually haven't finished the game yet (had to save and quit with 5 minutes left in the 4th) but through that I have already scored over 100 points. I am considering playing on 9 minutes to get more realistic scores. Part of it is also me pushing the ball and getting shots off quickly (feels like watching a D'Antoni coached team, and that brings back bad memories). Any suggestions on maybe what to change to make it more competitive? I realize I should play more games to get a full opinion on it and I will. So far, I think I am shooting around 52% in this game, which is much better than using the other slider set from these forums on Superstar, where I would easily shoot over 65% each game. So that is an improvement. I do see that the computer misses a little too many shots in close so I will turn that up for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #156
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Gonna try these with my Bulls association with Hyperballer21's roster. The sliders he has posted with his are just a bit too easy for me.
As I said in the OP, these sliders were built for the default 2k rosters, you can try this set with Hypers rosters but ideally you would want to go with a slider set that does not change ratings/tends at all since he has already changed those manually otherwise you would be changing his work. (I will make one, need to d/l his roster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
I've tried these with the Sim WOrld roster and they played great! My first game on HOF and I got my behind handed to me
Again, the set is not made for his roster as I have not had time to do a set specifically for his roster (am working on one). Again more than likely this set will throw off his rating/tendency changes negating the work he has done.

Now the game will still play to a certain level but this is only due to the game engine itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmyzz
here's a typical game for me (i do 6 minute quarters so that i can get through a full game with a set of sliders and then just double each stat) I used a created 1999-00 Lakers team vs the 94-95 Magic.

usually i get more fouls and free throws but for some reason fouling was low this game. i find the cpu has an easier time scoring in the paint, but just choses not to a lot of the time. they do manage to get open looks because of crappy cpu defense. i havent tried out the changes you suggested yet so ill put those in then report back
Low fouls could be a number of things, you mention custom teams, since I do not know what the ratings/tends are for those teams, this set would not be ideal for those custom teams. Some sliders would need to be changed depending on the rosters/tends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm27
I started a new association with my Knicks and used the finalized HOF sliders. Played against the Timberwolves, using 10 minute quarters. The computer played very nicely in the first quarter, moving the ball around and being "fluid" as you've described. However, I was able to easily take a 20 point lead in the second.. I actually haven't finished the game yet (had to save and quit with 5 minutes left in the 4th) but through that I have already scored over 100 points. I am considering playing on 9 minutes to get more realistic scores. Part of it is also me pushing the ball and getting shots off quickly (feels like watching a D'Antoni coached team, and that brings back bad memories). Any suggestions on maybe what to change to make it more competitive? I realize I should play more games to get a full opinion on it and I will. So far, I think I am shooting around 52% in this game, which is much better than using the other slider set from these forums on Superstar, where I would easily shoot over 65% each game. So that is an improvement. I do see that the computer misses a little too many shots in close so I will turn that up for them.
I think you answered yourself for me, more games to determine what to do.

First thing I notice though, Knicks vs Twolves, I would bet that the majority of time if the Knicks play to the level they can they will beat the Twolves pretty easily. Not saying the Twolves could not win, just that its not as likely as the opposite.

Secondly, I will wait until after you've had some more time against several teams to recommend any changes. There will be games you run other teams out the gym and vice versa.

Lastly, scores are determined on how you play, you said you run n gun, well the twolves are not the best defensive team, again more games needed before any recommendations. Look forward to hearing what other games turn out like against the D'Antoni Knicks

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 01-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #157
TheSportsFranchiser

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
As I said in the OP, these sliders were built for the default 2k rosters, you can try this set with Hypers rosters but ideally you would want to go with a slider set that does not change ratings/tends at all since he has already changed those manually otherwise you would be changing his work. (I will make one, need to d/l his roster)
This would be awesome and much appreciated man, I'm really liking his roster just can't seem to get sliders to work with them.

Current Chises:
NBA 2K21: Lakers 4-0 Year 1 / Heat 1-0 Year 1
Madden 21: Bucs 11-3 Year 1
PWG WWE League: Goldberg 2K21 Season
PWG Madden League: Chiefs 10-1 Year 1

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 01-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #158
Rookie

Quote:

Low fouls could be a number of things, you mention custom teams, since I do not know what the ratings/tends are for those teams, this set would not be ideal for those custom teams. Some sliders would need to be changed depending on the rosters/tends.

i kept the default 2k tendencies for the created players. most of the players though were already in the game somewhere and i just tweaked attributes higher or lower using some research.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #159
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Again, the set is not made for his roster as I have not had time to do a set specifically for his roster (am working on one). Again more than likely this set will throw off his rating/tendency changes negating the work he has done.

Now the game will still play to a certain level but this is only due to the game engine itself.

I think you answered yourself for me, more games to determine what to do.

First thing I notice though, Knicks vs Twolves, I would bet that the majority of time if the Knicks play to the level they can they will beat the Twolves pretty easily. Not saying the Twolves could not win, just that its not as likely as the opposite.

Secondly, I will wait until after you've had some more time against several teams to recommend any changes. There will be games you run other teams out the gym and vice versa.

Lastly, scores are determined on how you play, you said you run n gun, well the twolves are not the best defensive team, again more games needed before any recommendations. Look forward to hearing what other games turn out like against the D'Antoni Knicks

Lolz not like their sliders don't screw up their rosters. That's why I'm still using yours until u come up with a sim world set. I hate seeing players having the same attributes.

Last edited by apollooff320; 01-18-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #160
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

sim world set? are you still testing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »