Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Started a fantasy draft association and decided to give these sliders a try. Definitely one of the better experiences I've had with slider sets on this forum. They're difficult but that's how it should be, you really have to focus on every series in order to win. I've only played one game but here's some notes on what I liked and what I changed:

-CPU relies on best players for offense: definitely a plus since Lebron really stood out on their team as a focus. They also were getting the ball into the post with Boozer which is another plus.

-CPU was beating my team up the court alot so I bumped the CPU speed down slightly. Also lowered the crash the basket slider in my coaching profile since it was pretty high.

-Lowered dunking tendency for HUM a bit: Kyrie Irving seemed to be dunking too often for me.

-Number of fouls in the paint/going to the basket are great

-I only had two steals all game, bumped HUM steal slider up slightly

-CPU is streaky which is pretty realistic: they go on a lot of hot/cold streaks

-FG%, 3PT%, Def/Off Rebounds were all good which are really the main stats that I care about in terms of real life accuracy.

Overall, one of the best experiences I've had playing this game against the CPU. I was trailing throughout most of the game and the last 5 minutes came down to Lebron vs. Kyrie trading baskets. Kyrie hit two big threes to get a lead then Calderon missed the game tying three at the buzzer so I was able to pull out the W. I'll post box scores/team stats as I play more games.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #170
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox5
Started a fantasy draft association and decided to give these sliders a try. Definitely one of the better experiences I've had with slider sets on this forum. They're difficult but that's how it should be, you really have to focus on every series in order to win. I've only played one game but here's some notes on what I liked and what I changed:

-CPU relies on best players for offense: definitely a plus since Lebron really stood out on their team as a focus. They also were getting the ball into the post with Boozer which is another plus.

-CPU was beating my team up the court alot so I bumped the CPU speed down slightly. Also lowered the crash the basket slider in my coaching profile since it was pretty high.

-Lowered dunking tendency for HUM a bit: Kyrie Irving seemed to be dunking too often for me.

-Number of fouls in the paint/going to the basket are great

-I only had two steals all game, bumped HUM steal slider up slightly

-CPU is streaky which is pretty realistic: they go on a lot of hot/cold streaks

-FG%, 3PT%, Def/Off Rebounds were all good which are really the main stats that I care about in terms of real life accuracy.

Overall, one of the best experiences I've had playing this game against the CPU. I was trailing throughout most of the game and the last 5 minutes came down to Lebron vs. Kyrie trading baskets. Kyrie hit two big threes to get a lead then Calderon missed the game tying three at the buzzer so I was able to pull out the W. I'll post box scores/team stats as I play more games.
Glad you like them. Let me start off by going over a few things you mentioned, Kyrie dunking too much... thats all you man, let go of RT, no need to lower the dunk tendency as you are in control of your players. But to each his own.... coaching sliders, I highly recommend going through all the teams in your fantasy assoc. looking at the rosters and making your best judgement on how each team should play... having fantasy rosters and default coaching sliders doesn't make sense to me, so I highly recommend changing all of those. Well I guess thats all I got, again glad you like them, keep me updated on how everything is going.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ahh I guess I misunderstood the human dunking tendency slider. I figured if the slider was lowered it would decrease the number of dunk attempts even when holding RT. Obviously not a big deal either way.

I definitely agree on your point about coaching profiles for fantasy draft associations as well but I don't know a way to change the CPU's coaching profiles when I've already started my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #172
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox5
Ahh I guess I misunderstood the human dunking tendency slider. I figured if the slider was lowered it would decrease the number of dunk attempts even when holding RT. Obviously not a big deal either way.

I definitely agree on your point about coaching profiles for fantasy draft associations as well but I don't know a way to change the CPU's coaching profiles when I've already started my franchise.

No you are right, what I am saying that you don't have to lower the slider to not dunk, but I see what your saying and yes lowering the slider will do exactly what you said (lower the dunk atts even with RT).

As for coaching profiles, resign from your team, pick another, change their profiles, resign, pick another, etc.. etc...
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #173
Rookie

ballhawk1974's Arena

Hi JW, I tried out your sliders last night and wanted to say that they performed great. I was on Super Star difficulty because well frankly I don't think I am all that great at this game. I was playing the Blazers vr the Lakers in the season opener in association mode.

I had a lot of fun and the game flow felt nice. It was a hugely lopsided game. I had dominated in the first half leading 59 to 42. The game ended Lakers 110 Me 95. The Lakers made a huge surge in the 3rd and 4rth quarter getting tons of fast breaks.. mostly my fault for jacking up a lot of jumpers.

The only thing I had issue with was inside scoring. The Lakers ended up with 64 points in the paint. I had 14 points in the paint and it was not for lack of effort. I shot about 25% from the paint. Nearly all of my contested shots in the paint area did not drop in. This pretty much forced me to go with jumpers and 3's to try to score which I believe lead to all the fast breaks off rebounds for them.

I would guess the solution would possibly be to raise contested shots a bit..but I will see how it goes with a few more games before messing with anything.

Just wanted to give feedback.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #174
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhawk1974
Hi JW, I tried out your sliders last night and wanted to say that they performed great. I was on Super Star difficulty because well frankly I don't think I am all that great at this game. I was playing the Blazers vr the Lakers in the season opener in association mode.

I had a lot of fun and the game flow felt nice. It was a hugely lopsided game. I had dominated in the first half leading 59 to 42. The game ended Lakers 110 Me 95. The Lakers made a huge surge in the 3rd and 4rth quarter getting tons of fast breaks.. mostly my fault for jacking up a lot of jumpers.

The only thing I had issue with was inside scoring. The Lakers ended up with 64 points in the paint. I had 14 points in the paint and it was not for lack of effort. I shot about 25% from the paint. Nearly all of my contested shots in the paint area did not drop in. This pretty much forced me to go with jumpers and 3's to try to score which I believe lead to all the fast breaks off rebounds for them.

I would guess the solution would possibly be to raise contested shots a bit..but I will see how it goes with a few more games before messing with anything.

Just wanted to give feedback.
Yeah, get some more games in first.

First thing I notice, you're playing the Lakers with Dwight, he causes many problems in and around the paint. With that though, in real life, shots in the paint are one of the lower % made (its actually 2nd lowest), mid range jumpers being the lowest % made with close-range being highest and 3pters 2nd highest.

You mentioned that they had a lot of fastbreaks in the 2nd half, so that is gonna add to the PiP total. Even with that 60 out of 110 is almost 50% and after subtracting the FB points, they would be below 50% for sure. So I don't see anything with that stat.

As for you getting more in the paint, it comes down to the type of offense, if they were packing the paint, shoot the J make them pay. Seems that the 1st half you were dropping shots then they made the adjustment at half, you didn't. Where was Aldridge in the 2nd half? Couldn't get him going from close range, post fades, up n unders, etc?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #175
Rookie

ballhawk1974's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

As for you getting more in the paint, it comes down to the type of offense, if they were packing the paint, shoot the J make them pay. Seems that the 1st half you were dropping shots then they made the adjustment at half, you didn't. Where was Aldridge in the 2nd half? Couldn't get him going from close range, post fades, up n unders, etc?
Yeah exactly, that was the problem in the first half Aldridge and Lillard were scoring in close with drives, lay ups, couple dunks and some fadaway jumpers. Second half these same shots were just not falling.

But yeah your sliders are awesome and I have read all of your posts in this thread and on the slider coefficient thread and totally agree with your philosophy on sliders. It makes no sense having every player on the court having the same ratings due to what other peoples sliders maxed out 100 or 0 sliders do.

In my game it was weird.. I think what happened was since this was my game with your sliders I was surprised at how dominant I was in the first half and I played much looser in the 2nd half to see what I could get away with.. and the Lakers made me pay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #176
Rookie

ballhawk1974's Arena

I restarted my Association and will be replaying the season opener Blazers vrs Lakers again (I made some roster edits just with gear/shoes not slider adjusts for several teams).

This time I wont be taking anything for granted and will post results later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »