Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #225
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Every oa Games we play is great now Jason your sliders are The best, i hope to see your sliders with The following 2k Games. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #226
Just started!

HitsLikeAChamp's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey there JW55 - first and foremost I want to thank you for your time - effort and collaborative spirit that led to this stellar slider set..
I've been playing these games for years (2K/Madden) as well as I've referenced this specific site for the last 3 and I don't think in a decade of dedicated simulation/custom game play modifying I've ever come across a slider set for an XBOX game that FLAWLESSLY embodies individual player ability while maintaining realistic game play and accurate statistical output as well as these bad dawgs do right here - a real masterpiece to anyone who understands what you're trying to achieve.
I work as a touring musician so these games entertain me and keep me occupied as much as anything else does during the course of a year.

I'm also a part time basketball and football coach so the nuances of the game - TRUE play calling - REAL strategy - tempo - player management - scouting etc. very much appeal to me and that seems to go hand in hand with wanting ideal - realistic game play - you helped me find that big time.

I went to an XBOX720 teaser/demo a few months ago in South Carolina and there I meant a creative designer/contributor for the 2k series and it was he that first pointed me in your direction for sliders after we had a discussion on NBA 2K13.
Believe it or not he actually uses your slider set with slight modifications for his own at home use - i found that ironic and hilarious.

I got your sliders - and made a few tweaks to minor things to suite my style - I adjusted the vertical sliders for CPU/Human to reflect the tip-off wins a little better - I play with the Knicks and Tyson wouldn't even lose a tip-off to Dwight Howard if I game him a head start haha - once i got that fixed the only other things were an adjustment to make the CPU a little quicker/faster and I changed were the foul frequencies leaving shooting at 95 and loose ball at 100 when it was all said and done - i also dropped the reaching fouls and the reaching tendencies - i found that out of 10 fouls in a game 4-5-6 of them would be reaching calls - but due to the lack of loose ball fouls/technicals in 2K i figured the reaching kinda balanced it out a little you know - like instead of a loose ball foul for a moving screen he sets the screen and then gets a reach - theres no consistency to that but that's just an example..

Afterward I spent the last few weeks exacting my 2013 draft class to accurately reflect this years upcoming draft while I developed a playbook and a good feel for the game with my team in the PLAY NOW CPU vs USER game mode.
Lebron exploded through defenses for his signature dunks - Kyrie broke ankles and left defenders setting on the floor - John Wall penetrated until he was stopped - Carmelo and Durant killed you if you let them get going early - Kobe took the shot the moment he had it - Harden pushed every time he got a chance - the Magic sucks - the Spurs are tough to beat at home - its all there man - any "signature" move youd anticipate a team/player to make was there in the flesh almost - sometimes i'd catch myself watching haha.
I researched yours - the Eccentric Edition - MkHarsh - VTCRB - etc etc to make sure and everyone claims that Offline Association and PLAY NOW are the exact same thing or they say its so close you can't tell a difference - one would assume that'd be correct seeing that the in house custom sliders are already available in the settings for your offline association - you used to have to enter in each slider each time you started a new association. After reading that and seeing the reassurance on here i was sooooo stoked and couldn't of been more ready to start my association.
However two days ago when I went to tip the Knicks season in Brooklyn what I got was a passive opponent with the speed of a slug - explosiveness you'd find on a 50 year old and up rec team - ball handling of a fat 6th grader - turnovers on seemingly easy passes - missed jumpers on open shots - passing up open shots even when theyre left on the 3 point line for - 1......2.....3 seconds without a defender closing - Derron Williams or Joe Johnson would stand at the top of the key each possession like they were waiting for the last shot - Chandler could box out there whole team - meanwhile guys like Marcus Camby and Rasheed Wallace blow past Marshon Brooks and Gerald Wallace - Carmelo could take a turn around jumper going to his left on the far side of the post with 2 on him and one closing in and would hit it 4 out of 6 times. A true disappointment to say the least.
I've been doing my best to create a hybrid to correct the issues with this.
I've attempted using Eccentrics game speed modifications specified for Offline Associations - and though they are tolerable - they dont produce anything even close to what I had going for me with your sliders in the PLAY NOW game mode.
I waited to start my Association until after the trade deadline to ensure accurate rosters so my roster and update is about as new as it gets.
I made this account about 2 hours ago specifically to reach out to you as a last stitch effort to figure this out because I've gone from anticipating the game about as much as I could to debating on not even playing the game at all.
I wonder if you have had issues like this or if someone approached you about this before - I've been browsing the thread for answers and every answer i find comes with a new set of numbers and a whole new head ache so i figured id come to the source...
If you can help it'd be much appreciated - and if you can't thanks again for all the time and effort you put into the original set for the PLAY NOW mode - they truly ruled..
Old 03-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 2

JW,

Do you find the gamplay better when you use your sliders with the 2K roster or with a created roster? If created, then which one do you use? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #228
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

What's good JW55? Are you going to update the 1/31 set or is it pretty much done?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #229
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsLikeAChamp
Hey there JW55 - first and foremost I want to thank you for your time - effort and collaborative spirit that led to this stellar slider set..

I made this account about 2 hours ago specifically to reach out to you as a last stitch effort to figure this out because I've gone from anticipating the game about as much as I could to debating on not even playing the game at all.

I wonder if you have had issues like this or if someone approached you about this before - I've been browsing the thread for answers and every answer i find comes with a new set of numbers and a whole new head ache so i figured id come to the source...

If you can help it'd be much appreciated - and if you can't thanks again for all the time and effort you put into the original set for the PLAY NOW mode - they truly ruled..
Thanks for the words. First let me say that I did create the original set for OA user vs user gameplay and it naturally kinda morphed into an offline set as I knew peeps would do it anyway. So all of my testing for CPU gameplay has been in an OA environment.

Now after initially reading your post, I fired up the 360, started an Assoc and tried a few games, I didn't notice any difference between PLAY NOW and Assoc modes, and I made sure to play the same teams in both modes. Now Assoc mode could be different, I dunno and only 2k can confirm that.

One thing that you could try, would be to start the Assoc, and then change a few sliders around and save it, see if that makes any difference. Reason I bring this up is since this is the 1st year I believe where 2k has had it to where when you start an Assoc the sliders transfer over from PLAY NOW to Assoc mode. There could be something to the 'transfer' process to where the sliders aren't 'sticking' and therefore its only looks like they 'transferred' over and instead you are getting (CASUAL/SIM/DEFAULT) sliders but with the custom sliders overlaying. (PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART) NOTE: In my Assoc games testing I did change some sliders around first before playing any games.

Worth a shot, other than that, I dunno what to do. Holla back with some details on what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt8605
JW,

Do you find the gamplay better when you use your sliders with the 2K roster or with a created roster? If created, then which one do you use? Thanks!
Nothing beats a custom roster, but which one? I would initially try Hypers as I have seen his work in the background and the detail that he puts into them. There are many good ones, and I would recommend d/l'ing a couple and putting the v1.5 HOF Slider set in and testing them all a few games, take small notes, and then decide. Best way to do it imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
What's good JW55? Are you going to update the 1/31 set or is it pretty much done?
I may tweak a few things on the latest set and release as 1.6 but it wouldn't be much. I am still chipping away at an SS set for peeps since its been asked about.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I use Beds' rosters by the way. So do I still use your V1.5 or the set specifically for Beds on page 19?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #231
Rookie

Just like you said on pg. 21, "Yes 1.2 is for 2k rosters, 1.5 is for any OS rosters." Could I use 1.5 for VTCRB's Roster or do you still recommend that I use the 1-31 set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #232
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt8605
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I use Beds' rosters by the way. So do I still use your V1.5 or the set specifically for Beds on page 19?
Use the 1/31 set for Beds.

COMING THIS WEEK(end)

I will be going back through the slider sets in the OP and streamlining the way it looks so that peeps can easily find which set to use.

Also I would like to say thanks to everyone.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 03-04-2013 at 05:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »