Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #409
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by merio1992
No offense, But i don't understand your sliders you put numbers but don't really exlplain why u put them on the page why not up the defense sliders some to 100 like go for on ball steals and, different things like that?
Upping any attribute/tendency slider that high would negate the differences between the players individual rating.

For example, let take your example, on ball to 100. So OBsteal that high would produce a 50 point slider increase (50) being default (so no rating change @ 50) that 50 point increase in turn would increase all player ON steal tends. by roughly 75 points, with a 99 max cap. So basically all players would now have a 99 OBsteal tend and not every player should have a 99 in that rating/tend, right?

That would be the main reason why I don't max out sliders, basically to me it negates the individuals ratings and if we are going to do that then what is the point in rating players differently if we are just going to 'slider' them to all be the same.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #410
Rookie

ok, buy why the different numbers for everything? is this your best one out right out now for real basketball experience?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #411
Pro

OVR: 2

Jwill,

When I play association I like to play hum vs hum in where I put the other team on coach mode ( this way I can control the other team's subs when the CPU makes a stupid substitution) and then I only control the pg (something like my player in where you are forced to control 1 player)

My question is does this slider set work when playing like this? In other words are the other 9 players going off the hum sliders or the CPU sliders since it is hum vs hum but I'm only controlling one player ( hum vs hum but opposing team is in coach mode). Hope my question is clear enough for you or for anyone that may know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #412
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by merio1992
ok, buy why the different numbers for everything? is this your best one out right out now for real basketball experience?
I don't think I am understanding the bolded part ... I have different sets 3.0, 2.0 and the Universal set.

3.0 is the latest, 2.0 is only still up cause when I got rid of 1.0 I had some peeps asking for the numbers to that set still, so this go around I kept 2.0 up. The Universal set is for custom rosters, this set keeps all ratings/tendencies neutral so that the custom rosters can shine. Meaning that you will get the gameplay straight from the rosters.

I hope that answers it, if not just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Jwill,

When I play association I like to play hum vs hum in where I put the other team on coach mode ( this way I can control the other team's subs when the CPU makes a stupid substitution) and then I only control the pg (something like my player in where you are forced to control 1 player)

My question is does this slider set work when playing like this? In other words are the other 9 players going off the hum sliders or the CPU sliders since it is hum vs hum but I'm only controlling one player ( hum vs hum but opposing team is in coach mode). Hope my question is clear enough for you or for anyone that may know.
Hmmm... not sure if coach mode defaults the team back to CPU or if they would still fall under HUM sliders. I would assume that it stays on HUM.

So 2 controllers? You can pause with controller #2 right? If so, then next time you play, I am assuming you put team #2 into coach mode right off the bat right? Well next time you put them into coach mode, play for a few seconds then pause with controller #2, go into substitution menu and look at the ratings of the players, scroll over to SOD and SIT, if those are raised then its on CPU slider mode, if SOD/SIT are neutral then they are on HUM sliders.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #413
Rookie

Jwill, thank you for responding back it's just that i want realistic gameplay and my friend always shooting up three's and different things like that he'll post then spin and drive and everybody just sits there and, LOOK AT HIM go by i just want to play a fun game where it atleast plays close to nba and, also i dont use rosters i have 2k rosters.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #414
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
I don't think I am understanding the bolded part ... I have different sets 3.0, 2.0 and the Universal set.

3.0 is the latest, 2.0 is only still up cause when I got rid of 1.0 I had some peeps asking for the numbers to that set still, so this go around I kept 2.0 up. The Universal set is for custom rosters, this set keeps all ratings/tendencies neutral so that the custom rosters can shine. Meaning that you will get the gameplay straight from the rosters.

I hope that answers it, if not just ask.

Hmmm... not sure if coach mode defaults the team back to CPU or if they would still fall under HUM sliders. I would assume that it stays on HUM.

So 2 controllers? You can pause with controller #2 right? If so, then next time you play, I am assuming you put team #2 into coach mode right off the bat right? Well next time you put them into coach mode, play for a few seconds then pause with controller #2, go into substitution menu and look at the ratings of the players, scroll over to SOD and SIT, if those are raised then its on CPU slider mode, if SOD/SIT are neutral then they are on HUM sliders.

Ok bet will do that, thanks again!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #415
Rookie

the universal slider is kickin my *** right now, lol. Played two games with them and I felt like trash after both games. Mental mistakes killed me every time...every time. Things that i could get away with playing with other sliders got punished....hard. I loved how you used the "50's" to keep the roster edits intact, because I could see the difference in matchups (slower players aren't glued to quicker players)

Good **** JW55

my only gripe is the the low number of 3's attempted. In the two games I played the Lakers attempted 10 and the Pacers attempted 4.

Also, not sure if this a slider issue or roster issue but in the two games I played I noticed it took a while to fully sub out the starters throughout a game and both teams left them in leading by dbl digits with mins left in the 4th, even after i cleared my bench.

I know 2 games isn't a big enough sample size but these are the things i noticed so far.

Last edited by ~: AkaDemiK :~; 07-29-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #416
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~: AkaDemiK :~
the universal slider is kickin my *** right now, lol. Played two games with them and I felt like trash after both games. Mental mistakes killed me every time...every time. Things that i could get away with playing with other sliders got punished....hard. I loved how you used the "50's" to keep the roster edits intact, because I could see the difference in matchups (slower players aren't glued to quicker players)

Good **** JW55

my only gripe is the the low number of 3's attempted. In the two games I played the Lakers attempted 10 and the Pacers attempted 4.

Also, not sure if this a slider issue or roster issue but in the two games I played I noticed it took a while to fully sub out the starters throughout a game and both teams left them in leading by dbl digits with mins left in the 4th, even after i cleared my bench.

I know 2 games isn't a big enough sample size but these are the things i noticed so far.
good **** to hear. yes mental mistakes will hurt so will double tapping x for steal in the paint, or double tapping y for rebounding and force the issue and get an over the back, little things add up, keep on trucking you'll make it through.

first bold, roster tendency issue, raise the 3pt tend 15 (to 65), play those teams again, note the # of attempts, if too many, lower by 5, repeat. are you playing up on the shooters? or giving space? are they giving up open 3 shots to drive?

second, raise fatigue to 55, I lowered the default fatigue to 53 (from 57).

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 07-29-2013 at 07:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »