Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #49
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
What I've been seeing is 3 PT shots from everywhere. 56 is too much. 49-51 should be more than enough. Even with 51 CPU will shoot 26 and make 18 at least.
Depends on teams, players, how hot players are, is the defense sagging, etc...

All reasons why the CPU will shoot.

What I am trying to do is make it so that if you leave the CPU open they will either shoot or drive. Right now, you can sag off of a majority of players and they will just stand there due to poor tendencies by 2k.

Tendency slider at 50 means that it will be whatever the player tendency is, without adjustment.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #50
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Updated to V1.1.0 changes are bolded red font in the OP.

Small tweaks: (all +- are from 50) (tweaks apply to all players equally)

- raised Blocking slightly (+3 = +4 points)
- lowered Ball Handling (-1 = -1 points)
- raised Defensive Rebound (+2 = +3 points) Done to try and get the defensive rebounders to react better.
- lowered Injury Severity
- raised the layup defense strengths slightly for better contact
- lowered shot defense strengths slightly to help with shot percentages

Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #51
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm wondering which slider makes the CPU harder to slide in while driving User Defense or their Defense because I tried both and I didn't see much of a difference. Kobe still goes and makes the shot no matter how many people are there. I would like to balance it at least to my skill level because it's ridiculous that Kobe make 19/21 of his field goals during the first half. It's nothing I can do. I would love to know how can I stop the sliding while at least giving myself some edge.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #52
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
I'm wondering which slider makes the CPU harder to slide in while driving User Defense or their Defense because I tried both and I didn't see much of a difference. Kobe still goes and makes the shot no matter how many people are there. I would like to balance it at least to my skill level because it's ridiculous that Kobe make 19/21 of his field goals during the first half. It's nothing I can do. I would love to know how can I stop the sliding while at least giving myself some edge.
Sliding where? In the paint?

Unfortunately the CPU gets a 10-12 point boost to Shoot in Traffic and Shoot off Dribble, essentially making most decent players great shooters in and around the defense.

You would want to raise YOUR layup G&R up a few notches until you get the desired defensive presence you want.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #53
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15

So those defense stats are for me not defending against it? So if the CPU has like high value in these it will make it more effective. Sliding I meant the frequency sliders. I don't know what they do but at certain settings the cpu slides in without making contact, guessing that would be like make it higher so the cpu bumps into me like I do into the cpu?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #54
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Raise the USER sliders to create more contact against the CPU.

Raise the CPU sliders to create more contact against the USER.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

I want to leave my contribution, for what has been my experience with your sliders. the main problem I had is that both me and the cpu scored 70/75% of our points in the paint, I still have not found a way to protect effectively the paint, even with help defense at highest level help is often too slow. inconsistent steals/block/turnovers are still an issue that none of the sliders that I used was able to resolve. For the rest i really like the general gameplay.

and now a consideration that has nothing to do with your sliders: this year like in the past I'm spending more time to set the sliders to find the perfect gameplay than playing, and the story goes on. my question is, can devs see what's wrong with a game or they're standing there hoping that slidermakers solve problems for them?

We spent 60 bucks to pay their salaries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #56
Rookie

@JW55 Injury Severity: 1

does the injury will happened often? thanks.

bro, can u upload ur setting file more easier which included the game slider. hehe

Last edited by khanmein; 11-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »