Home

Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #793
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
If you want to attempt some sibilance of an 'offensive system' when the players freelance I think you have to assign certain positions to certain roles. I.E. the all the point guards have spot up hot spots in the corner and at the top of the key. If you want to get these players mid range shots from the wings there are a ton of plays that can achieve that better than having to find the right combo of tendencies.
Best Idea yet! Love this thread - Grasshopper has so much to learn.

(Myself being Grasshopper )
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #794
MVP

OVR: 15

I know it maybe difficult at this point but I'm hoping bigdawg trey Slimm and others can put the confirmed gameplay findings/adjustments etc at the first page. I've been following this thread for weeks and there so much raw info of great things to edit/adjust in the game that me and others don't want to miss out on. From adjusting role players touch tendencies to zero
to adjusting the run plays and tempo slider in coach profiles,
to adjusting the freelance/spot up tendencies,
to the dribbling edits,
pull up tendencies and drive tendencies
Etc etc etc- There's just alot of great stuff that you guys have found, tested that greatly improves the gameplay that me and others are hoping can be put in a blog or first page.

For example I'm still wanting a answer on what to set each nba teams run plays and tempo slider to. And also I forgot if we should set players give and go freelance tendency to zero or leave as default??

Last edited by STLRams; 04-28-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #795
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I know it maybe difficult at this point but I'm hoping bigdawg trey Slimm and others can put the confirmed gameplay findings/adjustments etc at the first page. I've been following this thread for weeks and there so much raw info of great things to edit/adjust in the game that me and others don't want to miss out on. From adjusting role players touch tendencies to zero
to adjusting the run plays and tempo slider in coach profiles,
to adjusting the freelance/spot up tendencies,
to the dribbling edits,
pull up tendencies and drive tendencies
Etc etc etc- There's just alot of great stuff that you guys have found, tested that greatly improves the gameplay that me and others are hoping can be put in a blog or first page.

For example I'm still wanting a answer on what to set each nba teams run plays and tempo slider to. And also I forgot if we should set players give and go freelance tendency to zero or leave as default??
Don't I know it.

The problem is I'm holding out for definetive answers to some of the short questions and even the bit I was sure of ---- spin cycle and DTL, ended being wrong.

The other things being covered in this thread are more like ideas than something that can be summed up in three sentences.

Should I post the page number of certain talking points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #796
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo95
Regarding hotspots:

1. I think no perimeter players should have mid range locations assigned to them, as that really messes up the floor spacing.

2. A player's hotspot location should be the same on both sides. When a play breaks down you don't want them cutting over the lane just to get to their desired position.

3. I just thought of this while writing, and I haven't tested it, but if you have perimeter players that should only spread the floor in freelance you could try giving them 20 in each 3pt hotspot location to make them just go to an open spot on the floor and not distract the player with the ball.
The 20 across 3pt land is how I've been doing it (minor variations to show favoritism to a spot I want them to be in but you'll run into problems like if a guy has equal hotspots in corner positions he will run under the basket and probably set a screen for post player and then go to the other corner.

I like the floor spacing I have now, but just in the few post I've seen now that we're talking about it I can see ways to drastically improve it.

Give and go and Set off ball screen are dead in the water because they break flow SO MUCH but a sparing adjustment to Use off ball screen to 1 player might be acceptable.

I'm thinking if I have Ray Allen and Shane Battier sharing the spot locations for 3pt left wing and 3pt left corner I can give Allen a use off ball screen of 5 and Shane will set a down screen to get him to the 3pt Left Wing position. (Just an idea)

Otherwise there is a problem of teams using about 6 guard/wing players on a rotation. I worry what happens when we over stack a hot spot?

The answer looks like its gonna be isolation.

---------------------------------

Since we are all about to start freelance/hot spot testing now would be a good time to declare your lamentations about certain aspect freelancing. We all may be trying to achieve something different but if we can identify certain problem we can work towards eliminating them.

I want:

1.) To reduce, if not, eliminate cutting across the lane to find a new hotspot.

2.) I want guards with a prolific post game to post up on their own volition without calling for the ball in the low block

3.) I want guards with a bad post game to do a spin move from the right block and drive baseline(I've got that to happen a few times and its awesome)

This should be fun

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #797
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Don't I know it.

The problem is I'm holding out for definetive answers to some of the short questions and even the bit I was sure of ---- spin cycle and DTL, ended being wrong.

The other things being covered in this thread are more like ideas than something that can be summed up in three sentences.

Should I post the page number of certain talking points?
I think what would be best is whenever you feel you have conclusive findings that you are going to input into your own association, that you update the first page with coaching profiles for each team, tendency edit etc
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #798
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I think what would be best is whenever you feel you have conclusive findings that you are going to input into your own association, that you update the first page with coaching profiles for each team, tendency edit etc
That would be nice of me, but I would sooner upload a roster then do that.

I will do a write up of coach profile ideas and opinions but I shouldn't reccomend that anyone should use them because they're specifically for my roster.

I'll stay on top of defining things and updating page 1 ---- maybe the best thing to day is post links to blogs, and reference page numbers for some of the more grandiose ideas.

Edit: For the those of you patiently looking at this thread and waiting for answers please take a look at the picture JasonWilliams55 posted. It's silly, but it is a representation of how editing in one area drastically effects another.

So we can't just say "this is what you need to do to pull-up to make it better". Or, "here are the coaching profiles for perfect gameplay." I don't mean that to sound harsh but it needs to be stated that this game is intricate in ways that I did not want to give it credit for.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-28-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #799
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Bump

I re-asked because I'm thinking right now that offensive tempo and shot locations coach profiles could affect floor-spacing.
I don't remember exactly, but its not like there are whole lot of possibilities.

Tempo was either 50 or 75(try 50 first). Attack the basket was either 1 or 50(try 50 first).

At some point I went all 50's in the coach profile. But I watched so many tests yesterday and since I didn't record most of it, its kind of all ran together.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #800
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I don't remember exactly, but its not like there are whole lot of possibilities.

Tempo was either 50 or 75(try 50 first). Attack the basket was either 1 or 50(try 50 first).

At some point I went all 50's in the coach profile. But I watched so many tests yesterday and since I didn't record most of it, its kind of all ran together.
Haha everytime I turn the game back on to load a roster I'm like "okay, which of these did I **** up."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »