Home

Old 04-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #801
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
That would be nice of me, but I would sooner upload a roster then do that.

I will do a write up of coach profile ideas and opinions but I shouldn't reccomend that anyone should use them because they're specifically for my roster.

I'll stay on top of defining things and updating page 1 ---- maybe the best thing to day is post links to blogs, and reference page numbers for some of the more grandiose ideas.

Edit: For the those of you patiently looking at this thread and waiting for answers please take a look at the picture JasonWilliams55 posted. It's silly, but it is a representation of how editing in one area drastically effects another.

So we can't just say "this is what you need to do to pull-up to make it better". Or, "here are the coaching profiles for perfect gameplay." I don't mean that to sound harsh but it needs to be stated that this game is intricate in ways that I did not want to give it credit for.
Here is where I am at.

Last night I took some time to really think about what I was trying to accomplish. I watched parts of several games from the 1990-91 season so that it was fresh in my mind when I was editing. During this time I came to a realization.

I had no idea how good or bad of a job 2k13 did recreating a game from that era. I was just assuming it was broken in every area and I needed to fix it.

This thread has taught me a lot about this game and how it works. However, what I don't know about it could fill the grand canyon.

Now of course there are things that I now know from experience are way out of whack from a default perspective. Rotations, shot tendencies and ratings, over use of all freelance tendencies(really all tendencies in general), etc, have been well documented and are fairly easy to correct.

I am going to back to what amounts to square one. Making minor adjustments to the default roster till start seeing what I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #802
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Here is where I am at.

Last night I took some time to really think about what I was trying to accomplish. I watched parts of several games from the 1990-91 season so that it was fresh in my mind when I was editing. During this time I came to a realization.

I had no idea how good or bad of a job 2k13 did recreating a game from that era. I was just assuming it was broken in every area and I needed to fix it.

This thread has taught me a lot about this game and how it works. However, what I don't know about it could fill the grand canyon.

Now of course there are things that I now know from experience are way out of whack from a default perspective. Rotations, shot tendencies and ratings, over use of all freelance tendencies(really all tendencies in general), etc, have been well documented and are fairly easy to correct.

I am going to back to what amounts to square one. Making minor adjustments to the default roster till start seeing what I want.
That's not a bad idea. When you do that can you turn play vision on to see if the offense is running the play correctly (not holding the ball instead of passing, not breaking up the play with a dumb drive).

I played a default Roster game last night and thought to myself, this isn't horrible. It's bad . . . And freelancing is out right silly. But I've broken the game far worse than that before just getting to where I am now.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #803
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Here is what Drive the lane does:

On ball
- Makes them push the ball up the court with intent to score.
- during play calling it makes pg's with a high drive the lane tendency follow the solid blue line despite the fact there is an option to pass.

Off ball

- run run run. In addition to the hustle attribute this is a slider for the turbo button.
- it makes a player roll to the hoop instead of popping on pick and rolls
- when the ball is passed to them they will drive instead of shoot.

Here's what's cool. Tony Parker has a really high drive tendency (99 in my roster) but because no one else on the team is in the 90s he is often alone in his efforts to go postal. The combination of two players (Dwayne and Lebron) with a high drive tendency leads to an And1 freak show beyond the help of any slider.
I had to dig through this thread to find this but this was my first interpretation of Drive the Lane. Would you say it's accurate?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #804
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Otherwise there is a problem of teams using about 6 guard/wing players on a rotation. I worry what happens when we over stack a hot spot?
I can't see how that would be a problem. As long as you have your big men spotting up at the elbow there are 5 open spots around the perimeter. Players will not spot up in the corner if there is someone spotting up at the same baseline. I have put the baseline hotspot at zero for all players, which leads to great spacing!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #805
MVP

OVR: 25

Ok, here are the results of the sim test I did with a very limitedly edited Michael Jordan.

Stats
PlayerGPMINPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGTPGFPG
Michael Jordan(Sim Test)8237.830.46.24.92.30.52.72.2
Michael Jordan(Real 1990-91 stats)8237.031.56.05.52.71.02.52.8

Clearly, I don't want to mess with the ratings too much. Nearly all the Bulls players fell into acceptable ranges most if not all their stats. FG% was a little high over, with 3pt% being very high.

MJ %'s
Sim test - FG%=.544, 3pt%=.408, FT%=.833
Real Life - FG%=.539, 3pt%=.312, FT%=.851

So, if the sim engine runs off the 'Total Sim Control' system in season and association mode.........

I just need to bring the gameplay into the right ballpark.

The first issue I need to address is Jordan's FGA per game. In CPU vs. CPU test I have seen him take upwards of 30 shots. I need to bring that number down to around 20-25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #806
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Referred to real life,you wrote the truth.
But this game works exactly in the opposite way!
'hey guys, if you play for me we shoot close to the basket." nba 2k13 "reasons" in this way.

I gave 100 3pt tend to Battier and 90 to Chalmers but 0 3pt in coach profiles and they shoot only if they were completely free, all alone, and their teammates very rarely look at them.
Have each coach profiles shot locations at 0 breaks the flow of the game.

My opinion however is that coach profiles need a complete overhaul.
Maybe set the shot location frequencies in the Coaches profile to match those of the team in real life? After all the FG attempts of the players on the team led to those numbers. Maybe this way it won't over power but compliment what each player likes to do? Granted their personal tendencies are accurate.

Last edited by elimack; 05-02-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #807
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimack
Maybe set the shot location frequencies in the Coaches profile to match those of the team in real life? After the FG attempts of the players on the team led to those numbers. Maybe this way it won't over power but compliment what each player likes to do? Granted their personal tendencies are accurate.
Speak of, is there a way to take hoopsdata team info and formulate it into coaching profiles ?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #808
Just started!

OVR: 0

I think from experience that its better to leave all coach tendencies to 50 about shooting the ball, otherwise the players tendencies will be false.

In coach profile i only tweak the tempo, run plays, fastbreak, crash glass, help D, def pressure, double T, zone, ATB, look for post player, size-speed, athle - skill, of - def, guards - forward, inside - outside.

So i think, if you want your 3 pts players to shoot more ofter, put their tendencies high, the others a bit lower then make them in their profile a 3pts shooter.

But its still very hard for me to have only 8 3pts attempt for curry each game, he goes for 10-12 pg.

PS : sorry for my english

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »