Home

Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #809
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Also, just to say, coach profile are more important than their own tendencies, if i put 90 DTL at Rose + 10 PU then attack the basket to score he will still look for a post player first before looking for a drive because in my coach profile ive set it to 75.

As he's my PG, he always got the ball, so i can lower 'look for a post player' and will affect only Drose cause the others dont have DLT that high. Feel me ?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #810
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Speak of, is there a way to take hoopsdata team info and formulate it into coaching profiles ?
Last few years I've been using Shot location data at that website to determine the shot location numbers for each team within their coach profiles.
First I add up the Inside,close, mid, and 3pt tendencies for each squad in 2k's game.
Next I figure out the % of where the teams are taking their shots from based on hoopdata stats.
I then multiply the % of shots from each location by the tendencies total to get a new tendency total for each category.
For example if Hoopdata says that the warriors take 30% of their shots from 3PT range and their 2k tendency total for the four shot location areas is 200 I get a new 3PT tendency of 60(200 X .3)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #811
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Last few years I've been using Shot location data at that website to determine the shot location numbers for each team within their coach profiles.
First I add up the Inside,close, mid, and 3pt tendencies for each squad in 2k's game.
Next I figure out the % of where the teams are taking their shots from based on hoopdata stats.
I then multiply the % of shots from each location by the tendencies total to get a new tendency total for each category.
For example if Hoopdata says that the warriors take 30% of their shots from 3PT range and their 2k tendency total for the four shot location areas is 200 I get a new 3PT tendency of 60(200 X .3)

And how does that work out ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #812
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

Quote:
And how does that work out ?
The shot chart at the end of the game looks good as far as where teams are shooting from but sometimes the way they go about it can be wonky but I think that has more to do with how players are edited which is what you guys have been talking about so much within this excellent thread. Wacky iso dribbling, movement, etc can make watching them play a chore.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #813
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
The shot chart at the end of the game looks good as far as where teams are shooting from but sometimes the way they go about it can be wonky but I think that has more to do with how players are edited which is what you guys have been talking about so much within this excellent thread. Wacky iso dribbling, movement, etc can make watching them play a chore.
Ok so to make sure I'm on the right track, what would you come up wit for the grizzlies
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #814
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

Quote:
Ok so to make sure I'm on the right track, what would you come up wit for the grizzlies
Based on hoopdata G the Grizzlies shot locations are:
Inside-33%
Close-14%
Mid-35%
3PT-18%

Now add up the coach profile stats for inside,close,mid,& 3pt for the Griz in the rosters you are using and multiply that number by
.33=inside
.14=close
.35=mid
.18=3pt
To get your new totals. Not saying this is perfect but it is something I do.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 04-30-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #815
Just started!

I did put the tendencies from hoopdata, long time ago. Stats looks great but the gameplay... Not that good. Like i just said before, just tweak players tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #816
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Was looking through some old threads for some info on coaching profiles and came across this, thought it might help out.

Its for 2k11 and the shot type selections have changed since then, but the info should still apply.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...endencies.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Whats the difference between "pull up" and "pull up J" in tendencies? topic. i cant find an answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
The first "pull up" is the tendency that determines how often the player pulls up for the J while dribbling.

The second "pull up" is the shot type tendency. Basically that is shot type selection tendency. Hence the floater, drifter, etc.. types in there.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
...the first tendency he asked about is the "drive or pull up" tendency, this tendency is for whether the player drives in or pulls up for the jumper. It is percentage based as it is out of 100.

Farther down the tendency list you come to the shot types. This is a weighted dice roll on what type of jump-shot will be selected. Hence the ability to have them all at 90. If this was a percentage based selection then all of them would add up to 100.
Quote:
Alright I am going to try and clarify the difference between the two.

The first "pull up or penetrate" tendency determines and I quote from the game "player tendency to pull up for shots" so with that, it basically is a percentage of how often the player will "pull up" for a shot instead of penetrating further. The higher this number the more often the player will "pull up" instead of driving (penetrating) when the option is presented.

At the point of "pull up" the player (CPU) then has to decide what type of shot to select, which leads to the second part of this.

The second "pull up" tendency is a weighted tendency in the shot type section. There are several shot types in this section of the tendency page.

So when the player is driving and the "pull up" is selected (activated) it (CPU) then reaches into the shot selection types and picks one based on the weighted amounts of the different selections or shot types.
Quote:
Agreed 100%... I hate all of the tendencies then having to do all this work to figure out how they all play together.

But again... triple threat shot... I would assume that its a shot triggered only after a triple threat move has been initiated and still without a dribble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »