Home

Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #833
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So how did Ray's DTL tendency have any part of this cut/lead pass by DWade?

If anything caused this, it would probably be Inside/Close tendencies or backdoor cuts too high and since we don't know individual ratings/tends for backdoor cuts, I would start with lowering backdoor cuts global slider down to 0. I suspect that you won't be seeing that much anymore after that.
Ready for sad news. . .?

Back door 0 for human and CPU

Coach profile inside shot 25. 3pt shot 75. Attack basket . . . I'm currently playing with it at 50, maybe that's a reason but its a bad one.

Otherwise Ray has not attack tendency and only a 5 in drive the lane (which I am now permanently moving to 0.)

This game is sooooo touchy.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #834
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
That was before we started going through the madness which is this thread. At the time, I used the DTL-PU-ATB formula that we're using now. My understanding wasn't corrupted by an all-powerful ATB tendency. It should be good.

I have been messing with a combination of Drive the Lane and Pass Out while leaving Attack the Basket and Pull Up at 0. Personally, I really like what I see. It really comes down to asthetics, though. What I like to see may not be what somebody else likes to see, you know?

I think that the Attack the Basket tendency is really strong this year and is why I was seeing people going to the rim like crazy with DTL at 0.
Interesting....

what kind of numbers are you using for DTL and PO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Ready for sad news. . .?

Back door 0 for human and CPU

Coach profile inside shot 25. 3pt shot 75. Attack basket . . . I'm currently playing with it at 50, maybe that's a reason but its a bad one.

Otherwise Ray has not attack tendency and only a 5 in drive the lane (which I am now permanently moving to 0.)

This game is sooooo touchy.
I was thinking the same way, I was liking the results I was getting a week ago more than I do now. But that may just be a personal preference thing.

I feel like done a 540 on this game, I started in one place, went the 'opposite' direction, ended up back where I started and now I'm off in the 'oppostie' direction again.

Last edited by qpc123; 05-01-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #835
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Interesting....

what kind of numbers are you using for DTL and PO?

I was thinking the same way, I was liking the results I was getting a week ago more than I do now. But that may just be a personal preference thing.

I feel like done a 720 on this game, I started in one place, went the 'opposite' direction, ended up back where I started and now I'm off in the 'oppostie' direction again.
I've only done Philly and Charlotte so far.

Holiday 75 DTL, 75 PO
Richardson 50 DTL (may change to 25), 75 PO
Turner 50 DTL, 50 PO
Young 75 DTL, 25 PO
Bynum 0 DTL, 0 PO

I gotta go. I'll post Charlotte's starters later. They're all 0-25-50-75 in both categories, though.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #836
MVP

Quote:
I've only done Philly and Charlotte so far.

Holiday 75 DTL, 75 PO
Richardson 50 DTL (may change to 25), 75 PO
Turner 50 DTL, 50 PO
Young 75 DTL, 25 PO
Bynum 0 DTL, 0 PO

I gotta go. I'll post Charlotte's starters later. They're all 0-25-50-75 in both categories, though.
I tested this with my 91 Bulls vs Lakers. I watched one quarter with mixed feelings.

What I liked:
Players seemed much more decisive after catching a pass, I didn't really see the attack first, all other options second mentality from the A.I. Players would get into the lane and if the D collapsed they kicked out.

What I disliked:
Other than fastbreak layups, none of the perimeter players were getting all the way to the rim, even with a wide open lane. They would all pull up right a the boundary between 'close' and 'inside' for goofy little jumpers.

I'd like to test this more but would like more info first.

What coach slider settings are you using for the shot locations and attack the basket? Same goes for game sliders I suppose.

Also the finishing move and shot type settings.

In my test all coach and game sliders were set to 50.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #837
MVP

Quote:
I tested this with my 91 Bulls vs Lakers. I watched one quarter with mixed feelings.

What I liked:
Players seemed much more decisive after catching a pass, I didn't really see the attack first, all other options second mentality from the A.I. Players would get into the lane and if the D collapsed they kicked out.

What I disliked:
Other than fastbreak layups, none of the perimeter players were getting all the way to the rim, even with a wide open lane. They would all pull up right a the boundary between 'close' and 'inside' for goofy little jumpers.

What coach slider settings are you using for the shot locations and attack the basket? Same goes for game sliders I suppose.

Also the finishing move and shot type settings.

In my test all coach and game sliders were set to 50.
I was seeing the goofy jumpers between close and inside and decided to set the Global Close Shot Tendency to 0. Took care of that problem. I also have Inside at 50, Mid-Range set to 75 and 3PT at 50 in Coaching Profiles. It I have Attack the Basket (Coaching and Global) set to 0 and I have Backdoor Cuts set to 0. I haven't touched the finishing moves yet, so they are still at 0. Same with shot type.

Again, I have only watched Phil play Cha but neither Holiday or Kemba have any problem attempting layups/dunks, even in traffic. It's not obscenely overdone and doesn't look forced, IMO, but it occurs.

2k has the AI tuned to shoot WAY too strongly in Close range. Most shots in the NBA that are taken in that range are post shots and the top teams in the league in attempts from that range are around 16-18 (the top team averaged 19 and the bottom team averaged 10). I can't stand how many jumpers the CPU takes in that range when both Close sliders are at 50.

Last edited by slimm44; 05-02-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #838
MVP

Quote:
I was seeing the goofy jumpers between close and inside and decided to set the Global Close Shot Tendency to 0. Took care of that problem. I also have Inside at 50, Mid-Range set to 75 and 3PT at 50 in Coaching Profiles. It I have Attack the Basket (Coaching and Global) set to 0 and I have Backdoor Cuts set to 0. I haven't touched the finishing moves yet, so they are still at 0. Same with shot type.

Again, I have only watched Phil play Cha but neither Holiday or Kemba have any problem attempting layups/dunks, even in traffic. It's not obscenely overdone and doesn't look forced, IMO, but it occurs.
Just to be clear; global(game) is set to zero, coach profile close shot tendency is ?? 0 or 50 I assume.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #839
MVP

Quote:
Just to be clear; global(game) is set to zero, coach profile close shot tendency is ?? 0 or 50 I assume.
I set both to 0.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #840
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Thanks qupc123 for using the best words to describe this issue.
I've seen these "shtots" too many time by "my" LBJ.
He has Inside Shot 100 and Close 50,DTL 70,Attack 0,PO 60 and Dunk 60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »