Home

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #841
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Very interested to see the results of that.

As far as shot type selections being a 'weighted' section and not based off 100 points total, I think that may still be true, but it seems like some of the shots(runner, stepback jumper) are still 'weighted' higher than the others with all things being equal. For example(and I have not tested this specifically) if you set all the 'shot types' to 50, you will see a lot more runners and stepback jumpers than fadeaways.

Could this also tie into the 'Triple Shot+Pull Up=escape dribble jumper', so 'TTS+PU+Stepback Jumper=EDJ?
I am going to burn this disc!!!

I simply can not get Lebron to escape dribble pull up at the 3pt line. This is absolutely infuriating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #842
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Thanks qupc123 for using the best words to describe this issue.
I've seen these "shtots" too many time by "my" LBJ.
He has Inside Shot 100 and Close 50,DTL 70,Attack 0,PO 60 and Dunk 60.
If you want to go with that method, I recommend lower players who attack the rim hard close shot tendency way down. I think for Jordan I had to lower it from 40 to 15 to stop seeing the pull-up.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #843
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
If you want to go with that method, I recommend lower players who attack the rim hard close shot tendency way down. I think for Jordan I had to lower it from 40 to 15 to stop seeing the pull-up.
So do you think is more related to shot location than maybe to attack the basket(player tendency and coach profile slider)???
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #844
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
So do you think is more related to shot location than maybe to attack the basket(player tendency and coach profile slider)???
It's because he has 0 attack.

He has no tendency to finish a drive.

He has plenty of tendency to drive but no tendency to finish.

The coach profile attack the basket is a weird hybrid of attack/drive the lane. I think J-Will pointed this out earlier

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 05-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #845
MVP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
It's because he has 0 attack.

He has no tendency to finish a drive.

He has plenty of tendency to drive but no tendency to finish.
Partially both.

With no tendency to 'attack' or 'finish' the drive players are much less apt to get to the rim. You can offset this by lower close shot tendencies across the board. If the close shot tendency is too high players will not bypass that area when they are driving.

Has anybody thought of testing using both DTL and ATT but in very small increments?

For example:
DTL=5
PU=0

ATT=5
PO=50(or whatever the player had previously).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #846
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Partially both.

With no tendency to 'attack' or 'finish' the drive players are much less apt to get to the rim. You can offset this by lower close shot tendencies across the board. If the close shot tendency is too high players will not bypass that area when they are driving.

Has anybody thought of testing using both DTL and ATT but in very small increments?

For example:
DTL=5
PU=0

ATT=5
PO=50(or whatever the player had previously).
Yes. I've been playing with smaller increments of both in an attempt to incorporate DTL back into the game.

Mixed success:

DTL is the only thing that will give you that "catch and go" animation. But having DTL at any setting will take you straight to lead pass hell.

Another problem that arises when you use both is having to scale back attack. This causes problems with running a play where players will pass to the guy setting a screen for them or not pass at all because they want to drive.

A lot of that can be fixed by finding the right numbers another big problem is the effect DTL has on playcalling.

With DTL at 0 I saw teams run GS PnR 3ptPop (or whatever it's called). This is a pick and roll 3pt play between the guards and it never gets called when drive the lane makes up 20% of a pg's tendency break down.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #847
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

I know this has been covered in the tread but I can't remember what page and what was said. How can I stop big men who have no business being out there up at the three point line at the end of the shot clock? For example, playing against the clippers and with 5 seconds to go they randomly choose to give it to Aaron Gray at the 3pt line who decides to wait till it gets to one second left on the shot clock and throw up a brick.

Also is there a way to limit the amount of hero ball with players attempting a high amount of dribble moves instead of running the offense?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #848
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I know this has been covered in the tread but I can't remember what page and what was said. How can I stop big men who have no business being out there up at the three point line at the end of the shot clock? For example, playing against the clippers and with 5 seconds to go they randomly choose to give it to Aaron Gray at the 3pt line who decides to wait till it gets to one second left on the shot clock and throw up a brick.

Also is there a way to limit the amount of hero ball with players attempting a high amount of dribble moves instead of running the offense?
For the big men, set all their spot up hot spots to be inside the three point line, i.e. mid range. You will probably also want to lower his set pick so he's not running out there to set a pick and getting passed to.

For dribble moves I have gone to a 1 point system. If you want a player to use a move more often then give them one point for that tendency, if not then set it at zero.

For example if you want a player to do more crossovers, spins, and double crossovers, then give him one for those and 97 for simple drive. I also recommend setting Size-Up to zero and hesitation no higher than 5, so either 100 or 95 for straight dribble and turning drive right to 100 for all right handed players and 0 for left handed players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »