Home

Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #849
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
For the big men, set all their spot up hot spots to be inside the three point line, i.e. mid range. You will probably also want to lower his set pick so he's not running out there to set a pick and getting passed to.

For dribble moves I have gone to a 1 point system. If you want a player to use a move more often then give them one point for that tendency, if not then set it at zero.

For example if you want a player to do more crossovers, spins, and double crossovers, then give him one for those and 97 for simple drive. I also recommend setting Size-Up to zero and hesitation no higher than 5, so either 100 or 95 for straight dribble and turning drive right to 100 for all right handed players and 0 for left handed players.
Thanks, will implement this later. One more question do you set your inside an close tendencies at 0? If so do you do it for coach profiles and in game sliders?

Last edited by Melbournelad; 05-03-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #850
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Thanks, will implement this later. One more question do you set your inside an close tendencies at 0? If so do you do it for coach profiles and in game sliders?
Yes, for both. I would also raise mid-range and three point.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #851
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Yes, for both. I would also raise mid-range and three point.
Yeah i did, very last question, i have struggled to get any team to shoot more than 20 3's a game when simming. Even 15. I have put the 3pt tendency in coach profiles as high 85-95 for most teams, and i still see most of those teams with 10-18 3pt FGA. Does the slider dictate how often a 3pt shot will be attempted, or how often a 3pt play will be called, which might not necassarily end in a three point attempt?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #852
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Yeah i did, very last question, i have struggled to get any team to shoot more than 20 3's a game when simming. Even 15. I have put the 3pt tendency in coach profiles as high 85-95 for most teams, and i still see most of those teams with 10-18 3pt FGA. Does the slider dictate how often a 3pt shot will be attempted, or how often a 3pt play will be called, which might not necassarily end in a three point attempt?
I believe that coaching profiles mean nothing to the sim engine this year (only gameplay), try the total sim control settings at season/association, like focus on outside shooting and so ...
Old 05-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #853
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

I've spent the last two days in the lab trying to get the CPU to ONE dribble pull up from the triple threat.

Nothing works!!

The combination of a high pull up tendency and a high triple threat shot tendency does make the cpu escape dribble pull up from midrange, but I can not find the necessary sliders to make a player one dribble pull up from deep.

One thing to note is the CPu is more likely to escape dribble pull up against human opponents than when it plays against itself. This is because escape dribbles are dependent on a player being out of position and the CPU is never out of position. Which isn't to say the computer can't be broken down but the CPU is never "standing in the wrong spot".

It is really frustrating but I may just have to give up on that aspect of the game.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #854
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I've spent the last two days in the lab trying to get the CPU to ONE dribble pull up from the triple threat.

Nothing works!!

The combination of a high pull up tendency and a high triple threat shot tendency does make the cpu escape dribble pull up from midrange, but I can not find the necessary sliders to make a player one dribble pull up from deep.

One thing to note is the CPu is more likely to escape dribble pull up against human opponents than when it plays against itself. This is because escape dribbles are dependent on a player being out of position and the CPU is never out of position. Which isn't to say the computer can't be broken down but the CPU is never "standing in the wrong spot".

It is really frustrating but I may just have to give up on that aspect of the game.
Did you make sure to give them a High Triple Threat (At least 99) as well?

Have you tried the combo of 99 Triple Threat and 99 Triple Threat Shot? Because in Hyper's roster I almost can't stand the amount of pull up jumpers that are happening (Mostly because 2K refuses to put in real escape dribble pull ups. I'm debating on whether I should give everyone Elite 2 for the Escape dribbles.). I've had to lower it to 1 which seems to be about perfect.

The CPU usually reacts to a triple threat move (such as a jab step or a step over) by backing up a step or two or by opening up their defensive stance. The main problem hindering the offensive side of the ball is that the game does not reward you or the CPU being able to shoot over your defender like it would in real life.

I think playing around with the shot contest slider would increase the amount of dribble pulls ups/shots by the CPU, but this is pure conjecture as I haven't tested this out yet.

Last edited by DukeC; 05-03-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #855
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Did you make sure to give them a High Triple Threat (At least 99) as well?

Have you tried the combo of 99 Triple Threat and 99 Triple Threat Shot? Because in Hyper's roster I almost can't stand the amount of pull up jumpers that are happening (Mostly because 2K refuses to put in real escape dribble pull ups. I'm debating on whether I should give everyone Elite 2 for the Escape dribbles.). I've had to lower it to 1 which seems to be about perfect.

The CPU usually reacts to a triple threat move (such as a jab step or a step over) by backing up a step or two or by opening up their defensive stance. The main problem hindering the offensive side of the ball is that the game does not reward you or the CPU being able to shoot over your defender like it would in real life.

I think playing around with the shot contest slider would increase the amount of dribble pulls ups/shots by the CPU, but this is pure conjecture as I haven't tested this out yet.
Tried that, still saw the same amount, it helps to lower their other options of scoring as well, ie hop step euro step, fadeaway etc. so that you limit a player to escape dribble pull ups. It's the reason why I can get Jeff Hornececk to do it more than Lebron; Hornececk has very few options other than pull up from triple threat.

When you analyze what a one dribble pull up is: A pull up shot FROM the triple threat after a dribble move. And that dribble move is usually an in&out or a crossover. I'm not sure if its placebo but I think I saw more escape pull ups after I raised in and out.

But I still can't make them consistently do it from 3pt range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #856
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Okay, a little testing (1 quarter) and I think I may have found a medium I'm pretty happy with as far as contesting shots and shooting over defenders go.

So, the players I used were Rudy Gay and Derozan. Two players known for settling for jumpers over smaller defenders. The defenders in question this game were James Harden and Delfino. Each 2 inches shorter than the players they have to guard (Derozan and Rudy respectively).

So before this I went into practice mode and found the letter grade for perfect release on each side of the court (including cold and hot zones of course).

Now, both Harden and Delfino have 70 on-ball defense. I went into the contest sliders and lowered the jumpshot gather to 35 and release to 25.
I took 7-8 contested jumpers with both and I found on scale that the grade would drop by only half a grade (Say B to B- or B- to C+). Honestly, I can live with that.

Now I'm thinking about testing whether or not increasing on-ball defense would drop the letter grade further or would dropping shot in traffic do so?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »