Home

Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #881
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
The reason why there are so many points in the paint in this game is becuase after a fast break (with no run play edits done in the coaching profile) the PG will drive to the paint a shoot a 2 foot 1 handed jumper instead of attempting a contested layup or dunk. Even SG's and SF will attempt to shoot a 2 foot 1 handed jumper if they can't get all the way to the rim. This is mainly what causes that inflation of PIP for the CPU as that type of shot goes in way to often.

I'd be content if we could influence the amount of standing floaters after recieving a pass and/or doing 1 or 2 dribbles (as that's how points are really scored in the paint aside from dunks and layups). Unfortunately 2k has only 1 standing floater and it's absolutely terrible.
Ah, even with no run play edits, I have got them to run plays after misses, now there are some players who are redonkulous but overall I have the game playing nice.

Also just was testing some things out, and had 2 CPU 1 dribble escape pull ups from 3 in the 1st quarter (8mins) with the Knicks. Melo caught a pin down screen at the top of the key (3pt) went straight into a escape dribble pull up (1 dribble to the right animation) and pulled from deep. Drained it too.

JR gave me two jabs (right 3pt corner) Paul Pierce all over him, did not let him drive baseline, he does that side hop to the left 1 dribble pull up from deep. I started LOLing as BigTrey couldn't get LBJ to pull up, then I boot up and bam 2 happen.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #882
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So rather than learn to stop the CPU offense, you essentially neuter them so they wont attack, therefore making it easier to play defense? I have had no problems stopping the CPU, yes sometimes they force things, but thats ball, last night in the DEN/GS game, there was a point there in the 2nd where they were going back and forth, PG not passing off the miss and pushing hard into the paint. In real life bball, you try and get the easiest basket you can, which is a shot closest to the rim, a dunk or lay. Defense is what stops that from happening every play.

I think the opposite as you do here, the CPU should be aggressive and try to score in the paint, hell DENVER scores ~60 PiP, pack the paint and force them to shoot jumpers. Give the defense a boost attribute wise, since the game is geared (rating wise) to the offense and walla the game is balanced on both sides. 3.0 is coming.....

I agree 0/75 is silly in retrospect, lol. My thinking at the time was I don't ever want Haslem (Bol) to shoot. Giving them an attack gives them incentive to shoot. I now see that I approached it in a rediculous way.

And I am in no way neutering the offense, lol. I'm trying to tone down Lebron's dunking ability so that he stops putting on a highlight reel out there.

I've definitely shifted the way the game is played. I feel that CPU 2k plays like a 13 year old kid on X-box Live when you don't do any editing, but for sure I've made penetration more effective and I've made the subsequent options that follow more effective.

My drive and kick game is mad-bonkers now. It's gotten to the point where I have to lower my shooting foul slider to keep them under 30 attempts a game.

While I completely agree with you about drive the lane please do a simple test for me.

Make drive the lane 0 for an entire starting 5 and give them a 100 (or really, whatever you want) in attack and watch as they initiate a drive on their own volition.

It is very important that you understand why we were misled into thinking that attack was the only on-ball tendency.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 05-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #883
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Awesome then it confirms my original assessment of the slider (from a while ago) and it also proves that higher ratio #s produce a greater effect.
What. . . . I thought that was evidence to my point on att/pass being an independent gage of frequency.

Dude, what's your definition of ratio?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #884
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Ah, even with no run play edits, I have got them to run plays after misses, now there are some players who are redonkulous but overall I have the game playing nice.

Also just was testing some things out, and had 2 CPU 1 dribble escape pull ups from 3 in the 1st quarter (8mins) with the Knicks. Melo caught a pin down screen at the top of the key (3pt) went straight into a escape dribble pull up (1 dribble to the right animation) and pulled from deep. Drained it too.

JR gave me two jabs (right 3pt corner) Paul Pierce all over him, did not let him drive baseline, he does that side hop to the left 1 dribble pull up from deep. I started LOLing as BigTrey couldn't get LBJ to pull up, then I boot up and bam 2 happen.

Yes!!! Please tell me their tendencies!!!

Edit: or rather what tendencies play a contributing roll? . . . Just shower me info.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 05-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #885
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
What. . . . I thought that was evidence to my point on att/pass being an independent gage of frequency.

Dude, what's your definition of ratio?
Was talking about Gather and Release sliders. ATT/PO may fall under the same, 90/90 produces a "more aggressive or forced" outcome over 50/50.

But 2k with ATT/PO a majority of the players are 55/45, 35/65, or some other 100 combo. Leading me to believe that its still a weighted ratio against each other. But that does not wholly discount that higher produces more. 90/90 may be more aggressive than 50/50 but it is still a 1:1 ratio, still meaning that the player would still have equal chance of either outcome, but 90/90 may mean that they will force something due to having a higher number in the formula.

Actually thinking about it now, one is a tendency (ATT/PO) the other is a defense effectiveness slider (ala steal success).

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 05-03-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #886
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Yes!!! Please tell me their tendencies!!!

Edit: or rather what tendencies play a contributing roll? . . . Just shower me info.
Default 2k roster ratings/tends, with my beta 3.0 sliders. PM being sent in a min. for you to try out.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 05-03-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #887
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Was talking about Gather and Release sliders. ATT/PO may fall under the same, 90/90 produces a "more aggressive or forced" outcome over 50/50.

But 2k with ATT/PO a majority of the players are 55/45, 35/65, or some other 100 combo. Leading me to believe that its still a weighted ratio against each other.

Actually thinking about it now, one is a tendency (ATT/PO) the other is a defense effectiveness slider (ala steal success).
Not MAY.

"Will definetly" produce a more forced outcome.

But none of that matters. . . Dear God, tell me how you got JR to consistently 1 dribble pull up. Do you think you could get him to do it more often?

Edit: just saw your post. You did it through sliders, ah hell.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #888
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Not MAY.

"Will definetly" produce a more forced outcome.

But none of that matters. . . Dear God, tell me how you got JR to consistently 1 dribble pull up. Do you think you could get him to do it more often?

Edit: just saw your post. You did it through sliders, ah hell.
Never said consistently, but that he did. Ah hell, what... gameplay sliders alter player base ratings/tends, coaching sliders then alter those (newly altered) ratings again.

I still stand firmly that the best way to get 2k to play perfect (or as close to it as the engine will take it) is to completely overhaul the roster ratings/tends. 2ks default daily roster is sufficient though with the right adjustments, but could be better still though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »