Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #929
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Yes!!!

One dribble pull up animation =

Straight dribble - this tendency is for dribbling. Just bouncing the ball on the floor. If you lower it to 0 it allows for other kinds of dribbling . . . Like the ability to one dribble pull up.

Hesitation (QPC this might help you with your problem) - enables the pre dribble stutter step. This is a key factor in escape dribble pull ups for some reason.

No triple threat tendency is a sonofabitch. Having it at 60 or lower is practically mandatory or isht gets cray cray.

And triple threat shot has to hover around 80 for escape/dribble and one dribble pull ups to occur. I also recommend the pull up tendency be 20 or higher.
Been in a bit of a dilemma regarding the TT vs NoTT. In 12 having a high NO TT was helpful for ball movement and pace since out of the box guys held the ball too long until the shot clock got to 5. In 13 the tendency seems to be more potent. In 12, I only gave iso players who were a threat to drive any TT moves.

Here is the dilemma...NO TT does seem to lead to the player taking off and dribbling immediately, but it also has the player catching and passing away immediately as well. How are you guys balancing this out? Are you going with TT + NoTT = 100? What type of players would be considered TT heavy vs TT light?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #930
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Been in a bit of a dilemma regarding the TT vs NoTT. In 12 having a high NO TT was helpful for ball movement and pace since out of the box guys held the ball too long until the shot clock got to 5. In 13 the tendency seems to be more potent. In 12, I only gave iso players who were a threat to drive any TT moves.

Here is the dilemma...NO TT does seem to lead to the player taking off and dribbling immediately, but it also has the player catching and passing away immediately as well. How are you guys balancing this out? Are you going with TT + NoTT = 100? What type of players would be considered TT heavy vs TT light?
No TT makes players do everything faster for some reason it's actually the cause of a lot of plays breaking up. I've limited myself to 60 . . . Maybe 65 for Tony Parker. I want players to attack less because in my Roster I don't need the players to know how good they are at attacking.

I thought Drive the Lane was the slider starter kit but No Triple threat runs everything.

For fun I gave Ray Allen a 100 in no triple threat thinking that it would make him shoot the three sooner, NOPE! he went at the rim like I gave him 100 in attack instead. What a strange slider.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #931
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
No TT makes players do everything faster for some reason it's actually the cause of a lot of plays breaking up. I've limited myself to 60 . . . Maybe 65 for Tony Parker. I want players to attack less because in my Roster I don't need the players to know how good they are at attacking.

I thought Drive the Lane was the slider starter kit but No Triple threat runs everything.

For fun I gave Ray Allen a 100 in no triple threat thinking that it would make him shoot the three sooner, NOPE! he went at the rim like I gave him 100 in attack instead. What a strange slider.
Yeah...It kind of makes since if its a "stop and think first tendency." its interesting that they give both a TT and NO TT. What does the player with both at 0 do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #932
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

The directions of the play still dictate what a player does (if he doesn't break the play)

When it's at 0/0 the player will pass fake/pump fake, stand around for a second and then go into his attack/pass spotup/drive etc. . . Tendency.

It's important to note that no triple threat does not eliminate the jab step. It makes a player launch off the jab step. In a way it does the opposite of what it says it does.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #933
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
The directions of the play still dictate what a player does (if he doesn't break the play)

When it's at 0/0 the player will pass fake/pump fake, stand around for a second and then go into his attack/pass spotup/drive etc. . . Tendency.

It's important to note that no triple threat does not eliminate the jab step. It makes a player launch off the jab step. In a way it does the opposite of what it says it does.
So its more like a 'leave triple threat' tendency.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #934
MVP

OVR: 33

So Serra was right when he said that a high no TT made the players like more agressive ... since there is no TT, they tend to dribble/drive/shoot/pass more inmediately.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #935
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

He's a genius that seems to wait for us to figure something out and then explains why we're right. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #936
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
He's a genius that seems to wait for us to figure something out and then explains why we're right. Lol

Apart the post game mechanics,every time I discovered something worth sharing,I've posted it here (many posts ago I've written that high NO TT makes the players more aggressive).

Have you ever tried 0 in inside and close shot tendencies for backcourt players that have no purpose to score near the rim???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »