Home

Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #937
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Apart the post game mechanics,every time I discovered something worth sharing,I've posted it here (many posts ago I've written that high NO TT makes the players more aggressive).

Have you ever tried 0 in inside and close shot tendencies for backcourt players that have no purpose to score near the rim???
For their shot tendencies? No. I'm sticking to Slimm's scale and I'm actually not gonna make any big changes to it sense Dwayne with his 30 3pt tendency is giving me 2-3 three pointers a game.

If a player does not score from inside or close then his hoopdata info will reflect that.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #938
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Apart the post game mechanics,every time I discovered something worth sharing,I've posted it here (many posts ago I've written that high NO TT makes the players more aggressive).

Have you ever tried 0 in inside and close shot tendencies for backcourt players that have no purpose to score near the rim???
I've been going in that direction.

I read somewhere(Hyperballer?) that inside shot location tendency should be:

Inside(at the rim) FGA - layups/dunks in transistion

For example, a player like MJ, Kobe, LeBron, etc. will have a high amount of FGA at the rim(inside) but I'd venture depending on the player and the era up to 50% of those shots were off of transition situations.

I've liked what I have seen from it so far, I don't lower anyone all the way to zero, but I dropped those tends. across the board.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #939
MVP

OVR: 25

Have we come to conclusion on the 'Setup Pre-Dribble'(Triple threat) as far as how it works? Is it the 4 tendencies=100 or the 'weighted' dice roll?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #940
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #941
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I've been going in that direction.

I read somewhere(Hyperballer?) that inside shot location tendency should be:

Inside(at the rim) FGA - layups/dunks in transistion

For example, a player like MJ, Kobe, LeBron, etc. will have a high amount of FGA at the rim(inside) but I'd venture depending on the player and the era up to 50% of those shots were off of transition situations.

I've liked what I have seen from it so far, I don't lower anyone all the way to zero, but I dropped those tends. across the board.
That's correct. I have been using this scale since 2k11:
Inside shot: 3-9 ft
close shot: 10 - 15 ft
mid shot: 16 - 23 ft
3pt shot: beyond 23
attack basket: at rim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #942
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Run Plays slider scale, how fast you want the CPU to call plays after rebound. Rough timing done, but this is basically what happens.

Seconds
Slider
3 0
3.5 10
4 20
4.5 30
5 40
5.5 50
6 60
6.5 70
7 80
7.5 90
8 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?
From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #943
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense.
Great summary. Yeah i don't see the need why everyone has to have run plays at either 0 or 100. Surely there is a middleground and room for variation from team to team.

Do you have a formula you use to calculate it?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #944
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Great summary. Yeah i don't see the need why everyone has to have run plays at either 0 or 100. Surely there is a middleground and room for variation from team to team.

Do you have a formula you use to calculate it?
Nope, just stats websites.

This isn't really a precision kind of thing, it doesn't even effect sim stats. Even with run plays at 0 you can still make a team play like maniacs.

I sweat the details because I like accuracy but that being said I go by feel on this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »