Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #937
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Apart the post game mechanics,every time I discovered something worth sharing,I've posted it here (many posts ago I've written that high NO TT makes the players more aggressive).

Have you ever tried 0 in inside and close shot tendencies for backcourt players that have no purpose to score near the rim???
For their shot tendencies? No. I'm sticking to Slimm's scale and I'm actually not gonna make any big changes to it sense Dwayne with his 30 3pt tendency is giving me 2-3 three pointers a game.

If a player does not score from inside or close then his hoopdata info will reflect that.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #938
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeland, FL
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Apart the post game mechanics,every time I discovered something worth sharing,I've posted it here (many posts ago I've written that high NO TT makes the players more aggressive).

Have you ever tried 0 in inside and close shot tendencies for backcourt players that have no purpose to score near the rim???
I've been going in that direction.

I read somewhere(Hyperballer?) that inside shot location tendency should be:

Inside(at the rim) FGA - layups/dunks in transistion

For example, a player like MJ, Kobe, LeBron, etc. will have a high amount of FGA at the rim(inside) but I'd venture depending on the player and the era up to 50% of those shots were off of transition situations.

I've liked what I have seen from it so far, I don't lower anyone all the way to zero, but I dropped those tends. across the board.
__________________
"You come at the King, you best not miss..."
qpc123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #939
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeland, FL
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Have we come to conclusion on the 'Setup Pre-Dribble'(Triple threat) as far as how it works? Is it the 4 tendencies=100 or the 'weighted' dice roll?
__________________
"You come at the King, you best not miss..."
qpc123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #940
MVP
 
Melbournelad's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,595
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?
Melbournelad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #941
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Syracuse, NY -> Long Beach, CA
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I've been going in that direction.

I read somewhere(Hyperballer?) that inside shot location tendency should be:

Inside(at the rim) FGA - layups/dunks in transistion

For example, a player like MJ, Kobe, LeBron, etc. will have a high amount of FGA at the rim(inside) but I'd venture depending on the player and the era up to 50% of those shots were off of transition situations.

I've liked what I have seen from it so far, I don't lower anyone all the way to zero, but I dropped those tends. across the board.
That's correct. I have been using this scale since 2k11:
Inside shot: 3-9 ft
close shot: 10 - 15 ft
mid shot: 16 - 23 ft
3pt shot: beyond 23
attack basket: at rim
Hyperballer21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #942
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Run Plays slider scale, how fast you want the CPU to call plays after rebound. Rough timing done, but this is basically what happens.

Seconds
Slider
3 0
3.5 10
4 20
4.5 30
5 40
5.5 50
6 60
6.5 70
7 80
7.5 90
8 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?
From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #943
MVP
 
Melbournelad's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,595
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense.
Great summary. Yeah i don't see the need why everyone has to have run plays at either 0 or 100. Surely there is a middleground and room for variation from team to team.

Do you have a formula you use to calculate it?
Melbournelad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #944
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Great summary. Yeah i don't see the need why everyone has to have run plays at either 0 or 100. Surely there is a middleground and room for variation from team to team.

Do you have a formula you use to calculate it?
Nope, just stats websites.

This isn't really a precision kind of thing, it doesn't even effect sim stats. Even with run plays at 0 you can still make a team play like maniacs.

I sweat the details because I like accuracy but that being said I go by feel on this one.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Top -