Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #945
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense.
Are you also matching those teams game tempo setting with run plays?
Meaning if a team has a 45 run plays they also have a 45 game tempo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #946
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Are you also matching those teams game tempo setting with run plays?
Meaning if a team has a 45 run plays they also have a 45 game tempo?
I find offensive tempo to be largely dependent on the shot tendencies of the roster you're using.

JasonWilliams55 and QPC123 have given a thought process breakdown of the CPU in a few of their post and if you look at gameplay you can actually see the CPU going by a step by step process (wash, rinse, repeat). All offensive Tempo does is excelarate this process. If it leads to a shot then the CPU will take it at.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #947
MVP

OVR: 10

Has any figured out a way to make a player crash the glass? For some reason, see perimeter players crash the boards while bigs just stand there.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #948
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
I find offensive tempo to be largely dependent on the shot tendencies of the roster you're using.

JasonWilliams55 and QPC123 have given a thought process breakdown of the CPU in a few of their post and if you look at gameplay you can actually see the CPU going by a step by step process (wash, rinse, repeat). All offensive Tempo does is excelarate this process. If it leads to a shot then the CPU will take it at.
FYI - he got banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Has any figured out a way to make a player crash the glass? For some reason, see perimeter players crash the boards while bigs just stand there.
I've been wondering this as well. Even with vertical, both rebounding ratings and hustle. lower than my bigs, guys like Paxson and Kerr are always leaping over bigs to grab boards while the bigs just stand there.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #949
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
FYI - he got banned

I've been wondering this as well. Even with vertical, both rebounding ratings and hustle. lower than my bigs, guys like Paxson and Kerr are always leaping over bigs to grab boards while the bigs just stand there.
What the hell, why was he banned?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #950
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

Really? I've noticed Ray Allen get a few rebounds he shouldn't but for the most part when you turn Crash offensive boards down, players get back on D.

I'll take a look but I honestly don't need anything else to stress about with this game, lol.

QPC123, I have Dwayne playing like real life Stephan Curry. Are you still having trouble with Neutral set up dribbles? If so I'll post the tendencies. This guy is a shake and bake monster, I almost feel bad that I have to turn him back into a slasher.

Edit: Offensive Awareness is the reason your smarter perimeter players are getting rebounds.
If anyone is up to figuring out everything that slider does I'd be happy to help.

So far, I know:

- makes player more aware of where the ball is
- block shots (better ball tracking)
- passing lane steals (better ball tracking)
- put back dunks (better ball tracking)

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 05-11-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #951
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

We need to re open up the triple threat discussion (or you can take my word that I got it right this time).

Triple threat shot has nothing to do with shooting a jump shot from the triple threat position. (I think someone may have posted this earlier in the thread and I ignored it). This tendency makes a player shoot from the jab step. It actually doesn't make them shoot at all, it just makes them USE the jab step.

A few post ago I said that NO TT makes you use the jab step but that tendency behaves like QPC123 posted when he said "it makes a player leave the Triple Threat.

No TT makes a player breeze threw the triple threat process if its at 100 players will
A.) consult their triple threat tendencies: "how much do I like to pump fake, jab step and launch." If those tendencies are high then he will will launch from a jab step thus completing his triple threat obligations.
B.) if those tendencies are not high enough then he will move on to set up dribbles (hesitation, spin cycle, straight dribble)

A players willingness to shoot a jump shot from the triple threat position is governed by shot location tendencies. We hinder this we give the Kyle Korver's of the world something to do in the triple threat. Even No TT makes Kyle dribble instead of shoot.

If you want to create a legit catch and shoot player zero out all of triple threat.

And if you want to get fancy and make a player one dribble pull up, lower his straight dribble to zero and give him a 30 in No TT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #952
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
This tendency makes a player shoot from the jab step.
And this is exactly a shoot from the triple threat:the jab step creates the necessary space between the shooter and the defender.Than the player with the ball can decide to shoot,pull up,drive,pass etc...

As you said shot tendencies are fundamental to make a player shot from tt.

Have you find a way to make players not hyper-aggressive with high NO TT???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »