Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #953
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
And this is exactly a shoot from the triple threat:the jab step creates the necessary space between the shooter and the defender.Than the player with the ball can decide to shoot,pull up,drive,pass etc...

As you said shot tendencies are fundamental to make a player shot from tt.

Have you find a way to make players not hyper-aggressive with high NO TT???
Yes and No.

If someone has a 100 in no TT then they are going to leave the triple threat.

There are a only 3 ways to leave the triple threat (duh) and the one we see the most is drive. It might have been you but someone posted that passing is also super prevelent when no TT is high.

If you take away a players ability to shoot from triple threat then that will eliminate the aggressive nature of the NoTT slider.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #954
MVP
 
Sellaz32's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Dec 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Not to derail, because I am interested in nailing down the triple threat conundrum...

But does anyone have a clue how to limit that goofy contested shot animation where the player kicks his foot out awkwardly? I see it with every player regardless of their contested shot sig. It looks like the player had second thoughts about taking it after the release. I messed around with shot release defense slider too but didn't help.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sellaz32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #955
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Not to derail, because I am interested in nailing down the triple threat conundrum...

But does anyone have a clue how to limit that goofy contested shot animation where the player kicks his foot out awkwardly? I see it with every player regardless of their contested shot sig. It looks like the player had second thoughts about taking it after the release. I messed around with shot release defense slider too but didn't help.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think it's tied to Putback and crash offensive boards.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #956
MVP
 
Sellaz32's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Dec 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I think it's tied to Putback and crash offensive boards.
Hmmm...maybe so. I assume crash boards in coach profiles right?
Sellaz32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #957
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Hmmm...maybe so. I assume crash boards in coach profiles right?
Yeah, I lowered those two tendencies pretty drastically and I barely see any now.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #958
Banned
 
Nukleopatra's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Anyone know what slider or tendency is causing certain players to jack up 28 shots per game? Example: If I run a CPU/CPU game with Clippers/Hornets, Jamal Crawford/Eric Gordon/Caron Butler all jack up about 28 shots per game. I realize these guys are aggressive in real life, but none of them average 28 shots per game.

I also play as Denver, on player lock, so I only control one player - and what I'm seeing is Iggy/Gallinari also taking around 28 shots in EVERY game.

This is really killing the game for me. I've tried lowering touches, but even at 35 touches, Caron Butler seems to shoot anything he touches. Certain players just seem to freelance, and I need to put an end to it.
Nukleopatra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #959
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
Anyone know what slider or tendency is causing certain players to jack up 28 shots per game? Example: If I run a CPU/CPU game with Clippers/Hornets, Jamal Crawford/Eric Gordon/Caron Butler all jack up about 28 shots per game. I realize these guys are aggressive in real life, but none of them average 28 shots per game.

I also play as Denver, on player lock, so I only control one player - and what I'm seeing is Iggy/Gallinari also taking around 28 shots in EVERY game.

This is really killing the game for me. I've tried lowering touches, but even at 35 touches, Caron Butler seems to shoot anything he touches. Certain players just seem to freelance, and I need to put an end to it.
You need a better Roster, mate.

Touch tendencies only affect playcalling, shot location tendencies govern on court shot selection.

So how high are the shot location tendencies of the offending players? Also what is the relation between their highest shot tendency and that of the coach profile.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #960
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint Louis MO
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I find offensive tempo to be largely dependent on the shot tendencies of the roster you're using.

JasonWilliams55 and QPC123 have given a thought process breakdown of the CPU in a few of their post and if you look at gameplay you can actually see the CPU going by a step by step process (wash, rinse, repeat). All offensive Tempo does is excelarate this process. If it leads to a shot then the CPU will take it at.
So RunPlays, not offensive tempo determines the teams FGA but run tempo dictates how fast the teams move the ball around or shoot the ball on offense?
Example Miami would have a 1-10 run plays setting but Denver/Bucks would have a 80 or higher setting? Then what would there tempo range be then for a example?

I don't know why when I look at that scale jasonwilliams posted it seems like it should be opposite in my mind were as 100 RunPlays should make teams run there plays quicker- 0-3 seconds and 10 RunPlays would make teams run plays later after rebounding - 7secs. I trust JW though, I'm guessing he has tested this.

Last edited by STLRams; 05-12-2013 at 12:05 AM.
STLRams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Top -